FedEx Freight | Union cool aid drinkers

Seems like the union drive has lost momentum

• Agree

Votes: 36 70.6%
  • Disagree

Votes: 15 29.4%

• Total voters
Ask YRC and ABF drivers what they make per hour or mile. Doesn't add up to Union making more to me. Must be some of that Obama- Union type math.
NO guy. The insurance alone tips the scale heavily in the Union favor. Perhaps, retiree healthcare might be nice. That too tips the scale in the Union favor. And last but not least, WHY do we leave UPS/UPSF off your list of downtrodden carriers? They are a much closer match (in every way) to the FedEx model than either of the companies you mention, but they ALL make more when factoring in benefits.

I don't sell myself short. If I want more than I have now I will work to get it. If FedEx doesn't pay me enough I will find someone who will. My choice just like it is every other driver that works here.
But Man, you could likely have better RIGHT HERE, when you decide you're worth it. Send me a PM and we can get you on board. ;)

Is FedEx really MORE secure and MORE stable than UPS? I'd say pretty equal... And FedEx has the advantage of lower paid workers, overall.

Of course the union needs a certain level of support before they invest in trying to help the guys that asked. What do you expect? 3 guys walk in asking about representation, and BAM let's go forward with full effort, and cost associated with that? Obviously too, they have a business to run, providing a service... A service that could be quite valuable to us, for a quite reasonable fee, IMHO.
Do you mean more than UPSF?

That's what's happened in CLT, less than half of the drivers voted yes and less than half will join as members....will less than half be enough for their efforts financially....we'll see.

Abf $23.17.. At end of contract we will be at $24.72 ....$405.60 per 40 week pension contribution....$0 health care contribution..... Obama Union math or just another Union hater walking around with blinders on....

IF the dog didn't stop in the middle of the road to take a dump he wouldn't have got hit. IF, IF , IF

110 voted yes out of 223 drivers...110 is less than half!
Out of that 110, it's a FACT that many voted yes with no intention of joining, rather getting anything negotiated for free b/c we're in a RTW state....again, this resulting in less than half!!!
THOSE ARE THE FACTS!!!!

That reminds me, I got bitten by quite a few mosquitos over the summer. It felt good to scratch them, but they got scabby.

Do you mean more than UPSF?

That's what's happened in CLT, less than half of the drivers voted yes and less than half will join as members....will less than half be enough for their efforts financially....we'll see.
I would expect, if/when a suitable contract were to be negotiated, most will join, due to the benefits gained. Remember, a large majority were on board, even though many changed their minds, for what ever reason(s). Most people are (still) willing to pay for services rendered.