FedEx Freight | Union cool aid drinkers

Seems like the union drive has lost momentum

• Agree

Votes: 36 70.6%
  • Disagree

Votes: 15 29.4%

• Total voters
110 voted yes out of 223 drivers...110 is less than half!
Out of that 110, it's a FACT that many voted yes with no intention of joining, rather getting anything negotiated for free b/c we're in a RTW state....again, this resulting in less than half!!!
THOSE ARE THE FACTS!!!!
Your numbers are correct. Your assessment of their intentions? Opinion, speculation, and subject to change.

The Union seems to have lost it's momentum. Backing out of votes due to lack of support at most centers. Typical to leave some people high and dry. Running when the going gets tough. What happened to your united front.

Hammer....you about to hear they are just backing up to regroup. You will also hear that they are doing this for the good of the employees rather than those nasty fat cats at the top. Because in the end, like our government, the union members and their reps seem to know what is best for us.......even more than we do!

The Union seems to have lost it's momentum. Backing out of votes due to lack of support at most centers. Typical to leave some people high and dry. Running when the going gets tough. What happened to your united front.
Now the burden shifts... to you, and your management team. Will FedEx step up and correct the mistakes of the past?

Many interested drivers will be watching to see... Many who voted NO, will be watching especially close...

Now the burden shifts... to you, and your management team. Will FedEx step up and correct the mistakes of the past?

Many interested drivers will be watching to see... Many who voted NO, will be watching especially close...

IMHO, I think they (FXF) will have years to complete any changes they feel necessary.

IMHO, I think they (FXF) will have years to complete any changes they feel necessary.
If you (and your pals) really think that the petitioning drivers, who were swayed (by round the clock meetings), into voting no (or pulling the vote), will be content to wait indefinitely (YEARS), you just might be in for a rude awakening.

If you (and your pals) really think that the petitioning drivers, who were swayed (by round the clock meetings), into voting no (or pulling the vote), will be content to wait indefinitely (YEARS), you just might be in for a rude awakening.

No, just maybe the ones that wanted the union will grow tired of waiting and go join a company that has union representation. Seems like the logical thing to do if one wants that kind of representation.

No, just maybe the ones that wanted the union will grow tired of waiting and go join a company that has union representation. Seems like the logical thing to do if one wants that kind of representation.
So the company misled people? Please say it ain't so... I do hope you are wrong, but coming from an anti union guy, such as yourself, maybe it has credibility.

Next question: Would you support that tactic? No change, at all, while FedEx considers it's options, for years?

So the company misled people? Please say it ain't so... I do hope you are wrong, but coming from an anti union guy, such as yourself, maybe it has credibility.

Next question: Would you support that tactic? No change, at all, while FedEx considers it's options, for years?

Where in that statement did I imply the employee mislead the employees? If anything it implies that those that want representation should apply at companies that offer it.

Yes, I would support that tactic.

Well, if they've been selling you on their GREAT pensions, then yes!!!

http://www.bankrate.com/financing/retirement/should-union-pensions-be-cut/
Why is it the only plan your company puts out there to frighten you all is the Central States.? If memory serves me, there are 22 different plans across the U.S. that participating companies contribute to on behalf of their employees. Here is a link to the meat and potatoes of the plan that Cab Lizzard and myself are in. Cab Lizzard is retired and drawing his pension as I type this.

http://www.wctpension.org/about-pension-trust/plan-advantages

You're correct, no one disputes that.....but it's also fair to say that we're (FedEx Freight) more stable and secure than any union LTL company.

No, you're wrong. The President of Local 71 has said, (so I've been told by several people that have attended their meetings) that unless they reach a certain percentage of employees signing up to be members, then the union would pull out b/c the fight wouldn't be worth it for them financially.....so it IS about the money!

You might want to ask the workers of UPSF if they agree with that assessment. ABF is no slouch either. Had YRC not got their greedy hands on New Penn and Holland, you could have thrown them into the mix and they would make a liar out of you for sure. No one could touch New Penn in their area before the merger.

Sure it's about the money. But not in the context you are eluding to. Let me ask you a question. Would you continue to throw dollars down the drain if no one is interested at that barn? Organizing drives are expensive. If there is no interest, why waste resources that could be better spent on those that do wish to organize? It makes good business sense. Period.

Ask YRC and ABF drivers what they make per hour or mile. Doesn't add up to Union making more to me. Must be some of that Obama- Union type math.
You add the benefits along with the per mile and hourly compensation and they could be making more. ABF for sure. Subtract your insurance premium from your wage. Subtract any contributions to your retirement you make. Those two companies contribute to both for their employees with no out of pocket for the insurance premiums or pension from the employee.

I see no ifs in my post

You are right, what you said was at the end of the contract WE WILL GET plus pay 0 In health care benifits, The point on the IF, IF, IF is IF there is any feasible way you can get that negotiated into a contract. Good luck with that. I am not sure if you know or not thei is FEDEX it is not ABF, or UPSF, or even YRC. FEDEX could care less what the other union contract consist of. They will agree to or not agree to what they are comfortable with. If they wanted to have the healthcare free, we would already. Can't afford to now nor will they be able to afford at contract time.

Multiple votes allowed? That's ironic. I was told, generally, during a union campaign, a company traditionally hires 20 or more moles. Their sole purpose is to disrupt the movement. To get people off track. To cause chaos. All the time, they will be there. To make it seem as if it's a lost cause. These people are paid well, to do one thing, disrupt.

I think we can all see who they are. I think fedex also hired more. What lengths will fedex stoop to next? I know, they love and respect us all. Every day we all see the gratitude.