Union Coverage Map and List

Discussion in 'UPS Freight' started by TX_jarhead, Jan 29, 2008.

1. teamster elvis

teamster elvis Well-Known Member

Can I get a big GREEN AMEN? Elvis out....

2. accelerator

accelerator Active Member

I would be more then happy to give you some green, unfortunatly the server has determined that you are not ready yet!!!!!!!:biglaugh::smilie_132:

3. accelerator

Overnite, this thread was speaking of a contract that a couple of MC terminals had that was union, so this thread did go in the wrong direction.

Not all of MC did have a contract, and those that did "O" never negotiated with, so therefore take it or leave it. Which is the same that happened with the point system in the north when UPSF thought it good to take away points from the road drivers stating they were making to much money.

Considering your situation you probably will loose, but if a driver is getting paid at full rate for 1 hr. total of drop, hook, and refuel time, as opposed to "O" giving them now a .7, I would say they did loose, not getting paid for all of wait time as opposed to what they were earning prior to edge, is also a loss.

Now we are being told a doozie, all drivers now, must come into the terminal when the wether is bad, and the TM and only the TM will determin wether operations will be closed for the day due to weather, so if there is a rageing blizzard outside and the weather man predicts 2' of snow in 2 hours, road drivers and city alike must go to the terminal and the TM will determin wether we run or not. If we call in we get written up.

But god forbid if we get caught in a freezing ice storm and have an accident, even though we may have predicted such after being told to go anyway. 3 of them and you are out of a job.

4. renegade313

renegade313 Member

..common sense

..well get it in writing to cover youself..and make sure your wife knows a good lawyer and the number to the NTSB...I can plow snow with the best of them but if I get spooked the truck is going to get parked...period...torn up equip and fatalities serve no one....

5. Overnite

Overnite Active Member

Hats off to you.

6. teamster elvis

The last time someone asked for a big amen. Hillbilly frog responded with a big green amen. I was hoping he would do the same when I asked for one. He must be taking a nap! I would be too, if I had the spare time that he does these days. Elvis out.....

7. teamster elvis

You finally agree with one of my posts????? What do you think fellas and darkstar? Do we sense a chink in the armor? Are you turning towards the demonic dark side? Just busting your balls. We are all going to be brothers whether we agree on certain issues or not. You know the old saying. Opinions are like onion rings. Some go down good. And some give you heartburn. Did I really just post that? Elvis out and lubing my rusty humor.....:1036316054:

8. galaxy99dx

galaxy99dx ,,,,,dispatch

Dr. Pepper sucks.

9. Slo

Slo Member

What does all of this chitter chatter have to do with the coverage map and list ?

10. accelerator

Absolutely nothing.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

11. Overnite

Overnite Active Member

If us in the UPS freight sub forum could make it through 4 pages of on topic posts, the world would end.

12. accelerator

Thier certainly would be mass confusion.

13. Docksteward

Docksteward Teamsters Local 71

14. BusterNite

BusterNite Well-Known Member

Time for a map update!!!!

15. hugnlug

hugnlug Active Member

Give everyone a red dot!!! :hysterical:

16. accelerator

And a sticker , and a pin. You know a year ago I said " BRING ON THE HORSES WHERE ARE THE HORSES":horse::bananalama::bananalama:

I feel they are here and I am a bit concearned about being run over. At this rate we will be organized company wide in about a few more months, so let's forget about the 3 year card check shall we.

17. Greezy Trucker

Greezy Trucker Active Member

That would totally and completely leave me out.....I would know what to say......uh.....uh....uh

18. Greezy Trucker

Greezy Trucker Active Member

So roughly how mant termanals or as UPS says....centers...Does it make now?....And you can GRJ and COS to this too....And DVR soon...As soon as they get that SCM to knock off his crap......Last I heard thay were somewhere between 4 to 15 cards left to go....SLC is meeting on the 26th but that is all I know about them....They all lay low over there.....

19. Skeeter

Skeeter Well-Known Member

Where is Sacramento on the list? We got all our cards sent in. Also there is no Oakland terminal??? It is San Leandro...:1036316054:
    Man! We got a long way to go...

20. KGB 18

KGB 18 Active Member

The guy has other things to do! I sent him a PM, he'll get to it when he has a free moment.:biglaugh: