TForce | Union Coverage Map and List

Motor Cargo Wages

I can not give you a dollar amount. I can guess around to 3 to 5 dollars less than master freight. This is also pre OVNT/ UPS
Bennys no where near MF
Was also a very good company to work for when the Tate family ran the place.

I know very little about the MC terminals, but it just sounds strange that alot of MC guys say they took a pay cut, when they were bought out. But it seems there contract has low wages in it.

I know very little about the MC terminals, but it just sounds strange that alot of MC guys say they took a pay cut, when they were bought out. But it seems there contract has low wages in it.

They last money on pulling a third box, and they lost when they went to "O"'s drop-hook-fuel, point system. They lost when they were no longer getting delay while sitting for hours waiting for freight at their meet point or hub turn. They lost when bucket loads of drivers all of a sudden were sitting at home while teams and contractors started running around them.

Most of the MC barns lost alot of quality runs not to long after the buyout!

Yup, "O" thinks it makes more sense to run freight 250 miles out of the way, break it and reload it again, then get it to its destination 12 or more hours later than it used to. Instead of running straight through to destination, being on the street, and delivered in the same time.

They last money on pulling a third box, and they lost when they went to "O"'s drop-hook-fuel, point system. They lost when they were no longer getting delay while sitting for hours waiting for freight at their meet point or hub turn. They lost when bucket loads of drivers all of a sudden were sitting at home while teams and contractors started running around them.

so why did the 2 terminals sign a contract where they were paid 4-5 dolllars less per hour and $.11 per mile less?

Yup, "O" thinks it makes more sense to run freight 250 miles out of the way, break it and reload it again, then get it to its destination 12 or more hours later than it used to. Instead of running straight through to destination, being on the street, and delivered in the same time.

There was a reason O's reutation was so bad in the west!

so why did the 2 terminals sign a contract where they were paid 4-5 dolllars less per hour and $.11 per mile less?

They were bone heads, and not the whole terminal was union, just some drivers. The union sent out a letter to the guys in salt lake that told them they didnt want to represent them anymore. Not enough dues paying drivers to make it worth while.

what benefits did they get by having a contract?

And reno is making 4-5 per hour less?
and $.11 per mile less?

Or do I have t wrong?

what benefits did they get by having a contract?

And reno is making 4-5 per hour less?
and $.11 per mile less?

Or do I have t wrong?

I suppose when they got the contact it was pretty good.I dont know for a fact but i suspect it was some disgruntled drivers at that terminal who thought it would help them. MC on the whole was a great place and didnt need anything from the union. Pay might have been a little less, but job satisfaction counts for more than some people think.

MC

MC seemed to head off in a new direction as far as they operated and it did not work out.
They were getting smaller as everyone else moved west and cut prices. They just kinda faded away.
They had First class equiptment and lots of terminals. They also served small towns out west that no one else went to. Every major LTL turned freight to them.
In short the world passed them and their wallets by .

MC seemed to head off in a new direction as far as they operated and it did not work out.
They were getting smaller as everyone else moved west and cut prices. They just kinda faded away.
They had First class equiptment and lots of terminals. They also served small towns out west that no one else went to. Every major LTL turned freight to them.
In short the world passed them and their wallets by .

MC did very well in all the states they were in!