XPO | Union Debate and News

I love the way you guys make it sound like the company is helpless and has no options or recourse. It isn't a scare tactic. It is a obvious possibility that you should be considering. All of your lies and grandstanding will be used against you. Call them opinions if you want. Sounds better I guess. Believe it or not.... when this union thing gets serious, you will not be pooping rainbows.

so are you saying if those sub-service drivers would help us instead of waiting for us to load there trailers conway would make more money?seeins how you went to conways brainwashing school, i understand the fact that you were programed to believe that the union puts companys out of business not poor mgt.

Big difference between a subservice driver and another Con-way driver. You didn't answer my question, How does it make sense for 1 Con-way driver on the clock to stand and wait while another Con-way employee loads his freight? Shouldn't he help while hes waiting?

Could it be that YRC uses less interline and outside contractors ....
The money question may point to much poorer supervision and poor management decisions. My understanding is YRC has a much lower labor cost than the rest at least for now .
Do you have cold hard facts to support your statement .. cause I am curious to see that on paper. And no I am not going to go look at spread sheets etc ... you need to show us

I love the way you guys make it sound like the company is helpless and has no options or recourse. It isn't a scare tactic. It is a obvious possibility that you should be considering. All of your lies and grandstanding will be used against you. Call them opinions if you want. Sounds better I guess. Believe it or not.... when this union thing gets serious, you will not be pooping rainbows.
It's already serious!

also how does a company make money when a driver is on the clock standing there watching other people load his trailers? It only make sense for everyone to pitch in. Maybe that's why so many Union companies have gone out of business.

do we all understand that we as employees can bring whatever we want into negotiations? We can vote in a contract to leave operations EXACTLY the way it is now.

'atta boy..

Do you have cold hard facts to support your statement .. cause I am curious to see that on paper. And no I am not going to go look at spread sheets etc ... you need to show us

No disrepect intended 99, and I don't want to speak for my brother the reptile, but I don't believe that his post was a statement. He used words such as "may", "could", "my understanding". More speculation then statement. An educated speculation none the less. TE out...

I only poop rainbows when I have ate a whole bag of skittles. TE out...

Big difference between a subservice driver and another Con-way driver. You didn't answer my question, How does it make sense for 1 Con-way driver on the clock to stand and wait while another Con-way employee loads his freight? Shouldn't he help while hes waiting?

I don't think he should. I think he should run trailers from terminal to terminal. I mean that is what he was hired to do, right? Why in the hell should a skilled cdl holder with hm, doubles, triples endorsements etc. be humping freight at a mini hub somewhere? You could hire two dockworkers for the same hourly wage as one tired hub driver. Young backs, safer for the driver, less damages, less mis routes, less workmans comp. claims, etc. Less purchased transportation would free up these drivers to perform their hired duties and make the whole operation safer, and more efficient. No brainer. TE out....

Disregard teamster elvis. He bounces around the trucking boards slamming anyone not following union gospel. He needs banned in my opinion. He is just out to make personal attacks. Not to trade facts or opinions. I have more respect for beerfd than him.

WOW! That is just mean spirited right there. I respect anyone with beer in their user name! Even my little buddy, beerboy! What is union gospel? TE out...

I don't think he should. I think he should run trailers from terminal to terminal. I mean that is what he was hired to do, right? Why in the hell should a skilled cdl holder with hm, doubles, triples endorsements etc. be humping freight at a mini hub somewhere? You could hire two dockworkers for the same hourly wage as one tired hub driver. Young backs, safer for the driver, less damages, less mis routes, less workmans comp. claims, etc. Less purchased transportation would free up these drivers to perform their hired duties and make the whole operation safer, and more efficient. No brainer. TE out....

I guess that's why Fed Ex and Con-way are #1 and #2 and the Union carriers are lagging behind.

UPS actually. There are too many rules to follow. Nothing worse than a hub employee filing a grievance against a driver for helping load a trailer. What ever happened to working together? Also hub employees filing grievences against management for working along side them when union members call in sick. Thats just some of my issues. I don't have a superiority complex and prefer to work with my employees not against them to get the job done.

Fair enough. Everyone has a job to do. If everyone is doing their job the work gets done. You don't see a shortstop playing right field do you? He probably could, but it wouldn't be in the best interest of the team. If one of the players is sick you bring someone off the bench to fill his position. Same applies here. That is what casuals are for. If you truly do prefer to work with your employees instead of against them, I don't see why you had a problem at UPS. TE out...

I guess that's why Fed Ex and Con-way are #1 and #2 and the Union carriers are lagging behind.

I assume you are talking about the LTL sector, because UPS isn't lagging behind anyone. And they are very much unionized. Maybe the moderator should ask you to support your allegations with documentation as he did with the lizard. I mean what's fair is fair. I'm not calling you out 99. Just having fun with Mr. White shirt. TE out...

so are you saying if those sub-service drivers would help us instead of waiting for us to load there trailers conway would make more money?seeins how you went to conways brainwashing school, i understand the fact that you were programed to believe that the union puts companys out of business not poor mgt.
He did say standing around on the clock. The sub service guy would not be on the clock.

What's up Drivers,
I've been following these threads for awhile about this whole unionization thing,and I'm just wondering what regions alot of you are from ? I'll just say I'm from one of the 6 New England states. P.S. I heard XAB was trying to organize.

Fair enough. Everyone has a job to do. If everyone is doing their job the work gets done. You don't see a shortstop playing right field do you? He probably could, but it wouldn't be in the best interest of the team. If one of the players is sick you bring someone off the bench to fill his position. Same applies here. That is what casuals are for. If you truly do prefer to work with your employees instead of against them, I don't see why you had a problem at UPS. TE out...
Come on now TE, we would need a contract for everyday of the week. It seems we do things differently everyday.

What's up Drivers,
I've been following these threads for awhile about this whole unionization thing,and I'm just wondering what regions alot of you are from ? I'll just say I'm from one of the 6 New England states. P.S. I heard XAB was trying to organize.

Oh no! Another soldier has shown interest. Somebody better summon the wack pack asap! This thing is growing out of control and needs some covert intervention! Hurry call the neo-con brigade to twist, propagate,distort, mislead etc. at any cost. Be sure to bring your anti union tool belt complete with all the tricks of the trade. You know what I'm talking about. Fear, intimidation, guilt, patriotism,religion, govt. politics, union politics. These tactics are very effective in distracting them from their discussions. Make sure you insult them with degrading labels. And if all else fails, uhhh, just dazzle them with BS. TE out....

Oh no! Another soldier has shown interest. Somebody better summon the wack pack asap! This thing is growing out of control and needs some covert intervention! Hurry call the neo-con brigade to twist, propagate,distort, mislead etc. at any cost. Be sure to bring your union tool belt complete with all the tricks of the trade. You know what I'm talking about. Fear, intimidation, guilt, patriotism,religion, govt. politics, union politics. These tactics are very effective in distracting them from their discussions. Make sure you insult them with degrading labels. And if all else fails, uhhh, just dazzle them with BS. TE out....

Fixed that typo for you.

The fedex/con-way numbers he referred to were in a company hand out. 2nd quarter in LTL fedex had #1 spot with 16% share and Con-way #2 with 11%.

Not exactly dominating, but they had highlighted it and made a big deal of the companies continued success. And mentioned how great it was that the non union companies were doing so well in the segment.

Everyone at my barn saw through this. It is a very small stat. And if you torture the numbers long enough, they will tell you anything.

The fedex/con-way numbers he referred to were in a company hand out. 2nd quarter in LTL fedex had #1 spot with 16% share and Con-way #2 with 11%.

Not exactly dominating, but they had highlighted it and made a big deal of the companies continued success. And mentioned how great it was that the non union companies were doing so well in the segment.

Everyone at my barn saw through this. It is a very small stat. And if you torture the numbers long enough, they will tell you anything.

Haha!! I like that last part. Torture the numbers long enough..Slimestones knows all about this. Its part of slimeonomics. Lol

I may have to steal your word..

Last edited by a moderator:
No disrepect intended 99, and I don't want to speak for my brother the reptile, but I don't believe that his post was a statement. He used words such as "may", "could", "my understanding". More speculation then statement. An educated speculation none the less. TE out...

And that is why I asked for him to prove his educated speculated numbers .. this is something HE believes that is true .. I dont buy into your golden twisted wording that you MAY have used and COULD backfire which is MY UNDERSTANDING .. with all due respect.