XPO | Union Debate and News

When a profitable company implements 5% pay cuts or 401 k freezes like conway did, its amazing what little effort is given to the company from the labor force. I know when I was there I informed the customer of every scratch and dent on the merchandise. Integrity!!!! Told the custome you didn't pay for this so file a claim immediately. I know existing conway drivers do this everyday to get back at the company

They weren't profitable..they lost millions that year.

Dude your like 5 years late to the game with that ' find another place to drive ' crap ... Hell we can't find any drivers now and your trying to run people off on trucking boards , WTF you sound like an imposter or a management troll !
I don't think I'm 5 yrs late, I think I'm right in the loop with what's going on. Like it or not, I think LEAN is here to stay and they will fire people, mngmt and labor alike, if they don't get on board with the program Say what you want about me, I'm a driver just like you. I observe and listen and I am cordial with mngmt. If I didn't think I knew what I was talking about then I wouldn't be talking because the last thing I want is for something I say here to be proven false later. To prove what I just said, I happen to know that in my region, they recently fired a mngt type and a driver for performance related issues pertaining to LEAN. But hey, don't take my word for it, join in with the guys who want to slow things down and take your chances if you think it's worth it.

And regardless of whether or not we as drivers ever got back all the money we lost, is of little consequence to me because I think they did what they had to do during tough times. The company loses, so do it's employees, such is the way of things, union contracts interfere with natural economic forces. In hindsight, perhaps if YRC had the same cost cutting flexibility that Con-Way did when the crunch came, maybe their drivers would not have needed to give up 15% for another 5 years.

:butt kiss::butt kiss::butt kiss:
Dude your like 5 years late to the game with that ' find another place to drive ' crap ... Hell we can't find any drivers now and your trying to run people off on trucking boards , WTF you sound like an imposter or a management troll !
Hey convict, sounds like they found a replacement for merdock!

:butt kiss::butt kiss::butt kiss:
Hey convict, sounds like they found a replacement for merdock!

Whoa ... That's a hard call on that comparison , if it was Mr. Merdock we would have received a grand speech or a theory on the evolution of the sequence of events that transpire throughout the ages in the trucking industry all complimentary from the ol' legacy of Conway coffee table book !

Whoa ... That's a hard call on that comparison , if it was Mr. Merdock we would have received a grand speech or a theory on the evolution of the sequence of events that transpire throughout the ages in the trucking industry all complimentary from the ol' legacy of Conway coffee table book !

Neil deGrasse Tyson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Like this guy? Did you see his show on Sunday? He talked about space and stuff, but not conway..I would fill that part in for him.

Neil deGrasse Tyson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Like this guy? Did you see his show on Sunday? He talked about space and stuff, but not conway..I would fill that part in for him.
There's no doubt he's a man of his own making , anyone that can argue on the basis of intelligent design and the scientific advancement of knowledge to mankind , plus will give a truth value of claims pertaining to the existence of god and the universe ... We're prolly not going to find him on a freight dock, but ya never know what might show up because I think I've met a few supernova drivers in my 25 year venture ... Lol !

The 5% pay cut was a pre-emptive move to finance Johnny L and Doogles plan to put YRC out of business by "aggressively eroding the pricing structure in the LTL market place". In other words...They were cutting the rate every time we turned around. YRC would match the rate and con-job would cut it lower, almost to the point of bankrupting the company. We were hauling freight for practice. The company lost millions DUE TO Johnny L's debacle (that's after the failure of his plan, beer). All we did was wear out equipment....and men.

The Truth the Bastards up top will never admit too they don't make mistakes only Drivers and csr's do the Almighty Gods of Con~way never make no bad choices !!!

So Tired of there lies and Bull **** just want to be treated with respect is that too much to ask for >?? Stick your Kindergarten games up your hole of Darkness !!

The 5% pay cut was a pre-emptive move to finance Johnny L and Doogles plan to put YRC out of business by "aggressively eroding the pricing structure in the LTL market place". In other words...They were cutting the rate every time we turned around. YRC would match the rate and con-job would cut it lower, almost to the point of bankrupting the company. We were hauling freight for practice. The company lost millions DUE TO Johnny L's debacle (that's after the failure of his plan, beer). All we did was wear out equipment....and men.

1 ) I do whatever I want @ cnwy b/c I kick major a$$ on the street and everybody knows it .
2) no one said sh.. about damaging frt , so how bout arguing points instead of reading into sh..
3) admit the real reason for the 5% cut was for US to finance THEIR safe stack , using the excuse of a bad economy
4) What they call a raise is a pittance , just to say they threw us something as opposed to nothing . barely covers gas to get to work .
5) I am 100% attitude
6) ya'll gotta be a bunch of grey shirts trolling , no one could be that obsequious
7) FOS 's don't run me , They're Full Of S---

1 ) I do whatever I want @ cnwy b/c I kick major a$$ on the street and everybody knows it .
2) no one said sh.. about damaging frt , so how bout arguing points instead of reading into sh..
3) admit the real reason for the 5% cut was for US to finance THEIR safe stack , using the excuse of a bad economy
4) What they call a raise is a pittance , just to say they threw us something as opposed to nothing . barely covers gas to get to work .
5) I am 100% attitude
6) ya'll gotta be a bunch of grey shirts trolling , no one could be that obsequious
7) FOS 's don't run me , They're Full Of S---

WOW,somebody that understands the reason for paycut, don't forget the yr of lost vacation to pay for the handhelds.

.i remember now. 90% for 90 days. FedEx and conway had the master plan that blew up in their face. What was it, 80 million in claims that year? I actually enjoyed seeing the look on the customers face when they'd unload their damaged product. Priceless. They'd always sked what happened. My response was 1. High school kids move your freight, 2. Safe stack doesn't exist in contractor vans. 3. We gave you 90% discount. What did you expect? Conway stole our money and 401k. You think we're gonna keep going the extra mile? Hell no

Instead of trying to earn the trust and the relationship of each dsr after stealing from them, conway invests millions and sticks a camera in your face. Classic

As a driver, I entered into a business relationship with this company of my own free will and I know if conditions become intolerable to me, then I am free to leave on my own free will. They rent my time from me at a rate we both agree on and in return I do what they want in a safe and efficient way while executing said time rental agreement. When the wage and vacation cuts came, I agreed to stay on, knowing that I could have quit if I desired, but I chose to stay on, as did many of you who are now complaining. It was and remains none of my business what the company did with the money they saved from the pay cut nor does it matter to me now. The company is still honoring the rental agreement they made with me. That all being said. Apparently some of you men in crabbing about how the company spends it's money still find conditions tolerable enough to stay on. I think it's hard to make your case when you're still able to tolerate coming to work here.

spell

awwwnow I know "hammer " is management . All day long . Twice on Sunday .

Perhaps the No.1 consummate statement from a corp. is " You don't like it ? Leave ! " You see they'd be much happier with you leaving than ORGANIZING .

Surprised that a mgr knows what a hammer is . I get more than 62 , 'cause I messed w/ my computer .

Last edited by a moderator:
Redline, you have opinion of me, no problem. I used to be a manager at another company(not trucking) so I have little insight that perhaps you don't have. I try to keep my opinions of the company as fact based as I can and it is because I'm trying help some of you guys understand that what you see on the surface, what upsets you, isn't always the truth. This company sucks in some ways, particularly how they train and discipline their employees. I don't like the "don't let the door hit you in the butt" idea and I try hard to avoid that, but in the end, if you can't get organized, the only recourse you have when conditions become intolerable is to terminate you employment. Everyone has a limit as to how much they will put up with, if you're still a conway employee, then you haven't yet reached that limit. Think what you will of me, it won't change the fact the fact that I'm a driver just like you are, but just because I'm a driver, doesn't mean I'm going to hold the same opinion of the company that you do. It seems to me that it's important to you that I am mngmt because you can use that to discredit the things I say that you don't agree with rather than having an honest and open debate about our differences of opinion. Doesn't matter much I guess because I know a couple guys like you at my SC and I'm pretty sure that you're not open to any facts about the company that might change your mind for the better.

awwwnow I know "hammer " is management . All day long . Twice on Sunday .

Perhaps the No.1 consummate statement from a corp. is " You don't like it ? Leave ! " You see they'd be much happier with you leaving than ORGANIZING .

Surprised that a mgr knows what a hammer is . I get more than 62 , 'cause I messed w/ my computer .

No what hammer said is common sense. Conditions became intolerable, so I left. Organizing in my opinion does nothing because it just further alienates the already bad relationship between managment and the employees. If Con-way is ever organized, they will get a sweetheart deal from the ibt just like YRC and ABF did. And you'll still not be happy. You'll end up being Ike one of the guys on YRC or ABF's board, bitching about the company AND the union!

No what hammer said is common sense. Conditions became intolerable, so I left. Organizing in my opinion does nothing because it just further alienates the already bad relationship between managment and the employees. If Con-way is ever organized, they will get a sweetheart deal from the ibt just like YRC and ABF did. And you'll still not be happy. You'll end up being Ike one of the guys on YRC or ABF's board, bitching about the company AND the union!

Come-on song ' you know that makes us feel good to b---h , express complaints , discontent , discomfort , displeasure , dissatisfaction ,and or show unhappiness ..That's about all the 'D' words I could come up with right now on complaining .

Yeah, but still we got ours back plus three raises since..and profit bonus...you can't say that about YRC...nobody is trying to put them out of business. Its their own doing. Oh yeah, and we got new equipment too..gets all the facts in there next time.thanks.