XPO | Union Debate and News

They will never vote. They will never be serious enough for the union to invest the time in them to do a vote.

The teamsters pretty much told us to hit the highway from what I heard some guys went down to local hall not sure if conway is paying them off or what but they didn't even wanna hear what they had to say that shows what kind of integrity is at conway god I wish we were union that would make me happy! !!

The teamsters pretty much told us to hit the highway from what I heard some guys went down to local hall not sure if conway is paying them off or what but they didn't even wanna hear what they had to say that shows what kind of integrity is at conway god I wish we were union that would make me happy! !!
Heres the problem with trying to organize a barn, get five cards signed and two weeks later four of them quit . This is a real challenge to anyone who has the ambition to put his or her neck on the chopping block and try to organize. Second problem - the Con-Rats will come out in groves to squeal so they can move up a spot on the board . And third - the IQ level of employees (most) that conway hires believes every anti-union video they see and that's where another issues begins . I would love to take that video down to the union hall so every teamster could see the two conjob guys ripping the sign off that CF trailer and replacing it with a Conway banner with a big smile on there face !

Heres the problem with trying to organize a barn, get five cards signed and two weeks later four of them quit . This is a real challenge to anyone who has the ambition to put his or her neck on the chopping block and try to organize. Second problem - the Con-Rats will come out in groves to squeal so they can move up a spot on the board . And third - the IQ level of employees (most) that conway hires believes every anti-union video they see and that's where another issues begins . I would love to take that video down to the union hall so every teamster could see the two conjob guys ripping the sign off that CF trailer and replacing it with a Conway banner with a big smile on there face !

Couldn't have said better!!!

4th problem - unions are about as powerless as can be. We deliver to these places. I got one that is being closed early next year. Split between a cheaper labor location in WV and Mexico. And another where they have been working without a contract for over a year because the company made a take it or leave it offer and they didn't take it. Just getting jerked around now. It's not the picture a pro union guy would want you to see.

4th problem - unions are about as powerless as can be. We deliver to these places. I got one that is being closed early next year. Split between a cheaper labor location in WV and Mexico. And another where they have been working without a contract for over a year because the company made a take it or leave it offer and they didn't take it. Just getting jerked around now. It's not the picture a pro union guy would want you to see.
Ya know if Hoffa were alive today and he read that first sentence (unions are about as powerless as can be) I'll bet he would personally hunt you down and kick you right in the nutz ... But on the other hand I'll have to agree with the rest of this post because under the current state of affairs on the economy no one is safe anymore , this regime has created a welfare state with no jobs and are attempting to flood the market with illegal workers ... IMO this puts more burdens on non-union and union workers alike because these corporations will not hesitate to replace you for cheap labor. So the question is do we stand and put up some kind of resenstance or do we just bow down to the masters who knows they have our ass in a vice like Conway management .

Ya know if Hoffa were alive today and he read that first sentence (unions are about as powerless as can be) I'll bet he would personally hunt you down and kick you right in the nutz ... But on the other hand I'll have to agree with the rest of this post because under the current state of affairs on the economy no one is safe anymore , this regime has created a welfare state with no jobs and are attempting to flood the market with illegal workers ... IMO this puts more burdens on non-union and union workers alike because these corporations will not hesitate to replace you for cheap labor. So the question is do we stand and put up some kind of resenstance or do we just bow down to the masters who knows they have our ass in a vice like Conway management .

So you aren't just suggesting a union vote. But a full blown civil war ?

So you aren't just suggesting a union vote. But a full blown civil war ?

Civil war ? I'm sure the Lincoln administration ( Obama ) will not require us in the south to raise a standing army and invade the states to the north due to the aggression on workers .. Although the act of no over time and deliberately unfriendly behavior from our keepers does give a feeling of hostitaly that arouses thoughts of attack sometimes so we'll keep that civil war option open for now and continue our quest for representation .

Last edited by a moderator:
Civil war ? I'm sure the Lincoln administration ( Obama ) will not require us in the south to raise a standing army and invade the states to the north due to the aggression on workers .. Although the act of no over time and deliberately unfriendly behavior from our keepers does give a feeling of hostitaly that arouses thoughts of attack sometimes so we'll keep that civil war option open for now and continue our quest for representation .

So. You are in the south. And want a union. And equal wages.

I am in the North. I want 60 degrees and sunny in December. And a beach.

Shouldn't be to much. Fair trade.

So. You are in the south. And want a union. And equal wages.

I am in the North. I want 60 degrees and sunny in December. And a beach.

Shouldn't be to much. Fair trade.
Yeah I'm in the south and the sun, conch shells and sand is over rated ... First of all it's hot like jalapeño hot down here and if that sand gets in your azz crack it tends to grind a bit so you can have all the sunny sunshine -pretty sea shells and sand you want and I'll take the equal pay.

Yeah I'm in the south and the sun, conch shells and sand is over rated ... First of all it's hot like jalapeño hot down here and if that sand gets in your azz crack it tends to grind a bit so you can have all the sunny sunshine -pretty sea shells and sand you want and I'll take the equal pay.

we have drought conditions and water restrictions. no sunny beaches.

Hey beerfd this guy must be from Columbus OH or something , im sure he's never seen the Rio Grande down in Nuevo Laredo because he thinks Texas ain't the south and drought conditions ends in ankle deep water ....! :438:

Hey beerfd this guy must be from Columbus OH or something , im sure he's never seen the Rio Grande down in Nuevo Laredo because he thinks Texas ain't the south and drought conditions ends in ankle deep water ....! :438:

I am certain you have various weather phenomenon that make things unpleasant.

I have seen your rivers. And been across your state a handful of times. It is F ing big. But you are rewarded with food. Stop at a gas station. Happens to also be a BBQ pit. Eat like a king on a plastic table cloth for ten bucks.

LOL ! Of course, I am a yankee. Crazy Ohioan for sure. But I was talking about the Mississippi River. Head west of that and you ain't in the South any more.

Isn't Texas it's own country or something ? I saw you guys signed that petition ? What happened ?

I am certain you have various weather phenomenon that make things unpleasant.

I have seen your rivers. And been across your state a handful of times. It is F ing big. But you are rewarded with food. Stop at a gas station. Happens to also be a BBQ pit. Eat like a king on a plastic table cloth for ten bucks.

LOL ! Of course, I am a yankee. Crazy Ohioan for sure. But I was talking about the Mississippi River. Head west of that and you ain't in the South any more.

Isn't Texas it's own country or something ? I saw you guys signed that petition ? What happened ?
We are currently transforming the BBQ pits into Papas Tacoria Stands with personal Pinata's to wack on while you eat , and I don't think the petition is needed any longer for Texas and Oklahoma have secession in there grasp to join Mexico . 600,000 a day crossing the border down here but ' no fence ' is needed as some say .

Viva La Raze ... Pinche Gringo .

Well, it looks like you guys got clowned again. Northwestern College athletes are realizing their abilities are being taken advantage of while the big fish are making millions. NLRB recognized these student athletes to form a union. I'm amazed some of you guys are content with a camera in your face, crummy treatment, poor wages...while the big wigs laugh their ass off to the bank at the cost of your back.

Well, it looks like you guys got clowned again. Northwestern College athletes are realizing their abilities are being taken advantage of while the big fish are making millions. NLRB recognized these student athletes to form a union. I'm amazed some of you guys are content with a camera in your face, crummy treatment, poor wages...while the big wigs laugh their ass off to the bank at the cost of your back.
Couldn't agree with you more!!

We don't have poor wages. The pay check is the only thing we really do have.

Those kids have been trying to get a piece of the mutli billion dollar NCAA kitty for years. Finally a group has been successful in finding an avenue that will make head way. The rules imposed on student athletes are ridiculous. Going as far as you can have jelly on your bagel but not cream cheese. But they are not employees. To exert such extreme control over some one and not compensate them is absurd. Borders on slavery. This is finally getting interesting.

So who unbanned you and why are you here ? Do you honestly think playing with your avatar will help ?

We need to get a mod on this board to sweep it clear of rubbish like you.

I'm a guest and not out of line. Not yet anyway. And yes they are employees. They provide entertainment for the general public and receive private education. Kinda like conways truck driving school. You kids work our dock, we will give you a cdl.

Gotta disagree on this one. They aren't employees, they are students. Their "compensation" is a free ride education with room and board. The also get the chance to showcase their talents to potentially become pro athletes. Football programs generally find the entire athletic program, this allowing athletes in less popular sports the opportunity to come to school free. A rising tide raises all boats, I figured the more liberal among us would like that. Give someone something, all they want is more.