TForce | Union Discussions

MC tried to decertify us 3 years ago and we won to stay Union by a margin of 2 to 1.Now that UPSF has taken over, we are stronger and don't believe their propaganda.

nightprowler said:
It 's funny how most people don't understand this . The company ( UPS ) uses the contract to their advantage just as much as the Teamsters .
For instance there was air language , for part-time delivery drivers , put in our contracts back in the 70's . That's before we owned any planes ! They always have a plan and are always thinking ahead .

Thinking ahead!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at this present contract and read the language for new hires and new hires doing sleeper team and mileage work.

WOW, four years into the contract and this language applies.

Someone defintely thought ahead on this one.

UPS is cleaning up on wages with new hires, what new hires they can find to work at 2002 rates that is.

T251 (Currently a new hire Sleeper team driver)

Johnnybegood said:
We have had Union represented Terminals in the past and they eventually decertified..Go figure........:biglaugh:

And why did they decertify DY?

Could it be the failure of Overnite to bargin in good faith for over five years?

Could it be the largest violator of Labor Laws in this country's history forced out, injustly fired, or eventually wore down those that were fighting for what they believed in and were legally intitled to?

Were the decertified terminals that voted to decertify ever get a contract?

Were the individuals that voted for decertification valid employees of overnite?

Were those same employees voting for decertication there in the beginning voting for Union representation?

Go figure.........:biglaugh:

Johnnybegood said:
We have had Union represented Terminals in the past and they eventually decertified..Go figure........:biglaugh:
There were 22 Overnite terminals that vote for representation. and all 22 successfully voted for and was granted decertification. The union played a lot of games with the employees and always trying to block the results from being finalized. It took some terminals several tries to get it done. Keep this in mind when putting your vote in the ballet box.

It is easy to get teamster representation. and it is very difficult to get decertified. :smilie_132:​

Silverhawk1 said:
There were 22 Overnite terminals that vote for representation. and all 22 successfully voted for and was granted decertification. The union played a lot of games with the employees and always trying to block the results from being finalized. It took some terminals several tries to get it done. Keep this in mind when putting your vote in the ballet box.

It is easy to get teamster representation. and it is very difficult to get decertified. :smilie_132:​

Are you saying that the union played games once being voted in that caused the decertification voting? I find that very hard to beleive seeing that it totaly goes against the core principles of organizing. I tend to agree with T251 on the reasons behind the decerts.

Animo916 said:
Are you saying that the union played games once being voted in that caused the decertification voting? I find that very hard to beleive seeing that it totaly goes against the core principles of organizing. I tend to agree with T251 on the reasons behind the decerts.
Me too...we all know that Leo and the boys are the biggest Labor Law violators in the history of America....and some of you are still loyal to him? Wow.

Animo916 said:
Agree with whom ever you wish too. I'm not here selling or spinning anything here. Just the facts...

The Teamsters tried everything in there power to stop the employees from getting there decertification's. It took some terminals several tries to get this done. :smilie_132:​

Teamster251]And why did they decertify DY?
Ok T251 lets do this post one piece at a time.

Could it be the failure of Overnite to bargin in good faith for over five years?
I believe that there were two parties at the table not just one. Maybe the union wanted more then Overnite wanted to give. I respect the fact that they didn't give in. If it would have been a company wide negotiations they might have gotten something done. But the vast majority of Overnite employees wanted to remain union free.

Could it be the largest violator of Labor Laws in this country's history forced out, injustly fired, or eventually wore down those that were fighting for what they believed in and were legally intitled to?
If we all here this line another million or so times then everyone will start to really believe this is really true.

T251 how many grievances do you think that have been filed against UPS over the years. or for that matter any of the big 4 union trucking companies?

I do recall that at one point that Overnite went ahead and gave the represented terminals there raises and benefit packages and back pay because the Union kept on blocking them from doing this. imagine that... it is a unfair labor practice if you give your employees a raise that isn't approved by the union.

Were the decertified terminals that voted to decertify ever get a contract?
Dont know. I cant see into the future.

Were the individuals that voted for decertification valid employees of overnite?
YES!

Were those same employees voting for decertication there in the beginning voting for Union representation?
If these so called new employees were pro union. I guarantee that you would have let them vote.

Go figure.........:biglaugh:
T251 I apologize in advance if I have offended you in any way here. I just think that everyone needs to see both perspectives here. :smilie_132:​

stldude44 said:
Me too...we all know that Leo and the boys are the biggest Labor Law violators in the history of America....and some of you are still loyal to him? Wow.
Have any of your BOY'S ever been found guilty of any crimes or corruption in the past say 100 years? And you still remain loyal! WOW :smilie_132:​

Silverhawk1 said:
Have any of your BOY'S ever been found guilty of any crimes or corruption in the past say 100 years? And you still remain loyal! WOW :smilie_132:​
It's not the person, but the entire Labor Movement that we remain loyal to. If you find no fault with what Leo did during the O fiasco, and are happy with less, more power to you. The things you mention above in your reply to T251 about grievances at the Union Companies are just everyday life. But none of the aforementioned Companies denied a worker his legal right as an American to belong to a Union. Sure, there are differences of interpretation of the Contract, and always will be, but we don't just have to accept anything the Company might throw at us. Do you? Oh, and we don't have to quit if we don't like it either.

stldude44 said:
It's not the person, but the entire Labor Movement that we remain loyal to. If you find no fault with what Leo did during the O fiasco, and are happy with less, more power to you. The things you mention above in your reply to T251 about grievances at the Union Companies are just everyday life. But none of the aforementioned Companies denied a worker his legal right as an American to belong to a Union. Sure, there are differences of interpretation of the Contract, and always will be, but we don't just have to accept anything the Company might throw at us. Do you? Oh, and we don't have to quit if we don't like it either.

You realize this is pointless, right? If less means you have a good thing than you will argue and get all fired up at something you are scared of. Personally it is the stupid "pat you on the head and stab you in the back that is going on in this company take over that is going on, or should I say cannibalizing that wnder"O" is doing to a good company......And then to read what a great thing we should all be so proud of....Truly depends on what side of the fence you stand on....

Silverhawk1 said:
There were 22 Overnite terminals that vote for representation. and all 22 successfully voted for and was granted decertification. The union played a lot of games with the employees and always trying to block the results from being finalized. It took some terminals several tries to get it done. Keep this in mind when putting your vote in the ballet box.​

Are you saying the Teamsters also play game just like management.....NO WAY.....:duh:

greezy trucker said:
You realize this is pointless, right? If less means you have a good thing than you will argue and get all fired up at something you are scared of. Personally it is the stupid "pat you on the head and stab you in the back that is going on in this company take over that is going on, or should I say cannibalizing that wnder"O" is doing to a good company......And then to read what a great thing we should all be so proud of....Truly depends on what side of the fence you stand on....
It's pointless in the fact that some folks will never see how much the Teamsters and all Unions have done to better the plight of the working man.....or maybe they see it (how could they not?) but won't admit it. But then, it's their life, who am I to try to steer them to a better working situation?

stldude44 said:
It's pointless in the fact that some folks will never see how much the Teamsters and all Unions have done to better the plight of the working man.....or maybe they see it (how could they not?) but won't admit it. But then, it's their life, who am I to try to steer them to a better working situation?

Oh but hey if you can get us to go union your pension will be increased or whatever!!!!! Just can't trust ya, your dog looks shifty!!!!!

greezy trucker said:
Oh but hey if you can get us to go union your pension will be increased or whatever!!!!! Just can't trust ya, your dog looks shifty!!!!!

Whether UPSF joins the union or not will have no bearing on our pensions one way or the other.

Animo916 said:
Whether UPSF joins the union or not will have no bearing on our pensions one way or the other.

Sarcasm, sarcasm, sarcasm.......I know this but I keep hearing how you union fellars just want us for our money. Don't take me so seriously just a trucker trying to keep my head up and all.....

greezy trucker said:
Sarcasm, sarcasm, sarcasm.......I know this but I keep hearing how you union fellars just want us for our money. Don't take me so seriously just a trucker trying to keep my head up and all.....
How much money do you have?:chairshot: