TForce | Union Drive In Texas?

hardway said:
Where and when are we gonna be offered cards to sign in Texas? How do we get it started?:bananapowerslide:
Go to your local union hall tell them you are readly to start signing cards,,I work in Indy,,so go get it started don't wait,,for anyone to start it do it your self..once you sign the union card you are protected from being fired so don't let the richmond bunch scare you,,you have the rite to be union..go to the union hall or get the number on line at teamsters .org and look up the number by looking up the local..in your area..:bananapowerslide:

At the Fontanna, Ca Terminal "O" Dock Sups are telling the dock workers if they go union they will be made 4 hour casuals and they will loose all their benefits. UPS says they will remain neutral about the union but "O" is still up to their same old BS. The same old BS your gonna get if you remain non union. Get a card and sign it. Fight like hell to get a stack of cards to pass out to your brothers and tell them why they should sign them !!!

mossbackman said:
At the Fontanna, Ca Terminal "O" Dock Sups are telling the dock workers if they go union they will be made 4 hour casuals and they will loose all their benefits. UPS says they will remain neutral about the union but "O" is still up to their same old BS. The same old BS your gonna get if you remain non union. Get a card and sign it. Fight like hell to get a stack of cards to pass out to your brothers and tell them why they should sign them !!!

Mossbackman, get the names of those supervisors and make it known what they are doing. Let the local know these things, it very important that these things be brought to the attention of the governing local.

In some case it maybe against the law, or of a threatening nature.

Let the workers there now this also. Some people become very intimadated when their livelyhood is threatened.

This is also something that can be negioated intomthe contract.

NO PART TIME HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NMFA has no part-timers. We struck in '94 for that cause.

Later T251

mossbackman:
Just think about this. UPS pay's it's part timers on this scale 8.50 to start, 9.00 after 90 days, 9.50 after 1 yr., 10.00 2 yrs., 10.50 3yrs.,11.50 4yrs. plus 1.00 per hr. more for SKILLED positions. 3.5 hrs shift guarantied, 17.5 hrs per wk. and they do have some benefits. Thats for anybody gaining seniority after 2002 seniority before 2002 is higher. Now that's not drivers I have no idea what they start at, I did see a post that a shifter or jockey starts at 8.50 and it's part time also If you don't believe this check out post #2 by Mike01 on the UPS forum under PART TIME he is a UPS worker. My son applied for an unloader position and that's the same scale they gave him in the interview.
Now I'm not saying this could happen at UPSF but do you really think that freight is going to get more than package has? Just think how many full time dock and jockey positions UPSF has, and what they could save if they were part time. The people screaming for the union should be careful what they wish for.

35 things

mossbackman said:
Mossbackman,
What they are doing is not only a violation of the Fair Play agreement, here in Indiana it is against labor laws. Local 135 has a pamphlet titled: 35 Things Your Employer Cannot Do explaining this under Indiana labor laws. You or someone there should contact the local union hall and let them know what is going on so they can contact Ken Hall, who will in turn contact UPS and get this stopped. Or if you'd like private message me so I can get some specific terminal information and I will pass it on to the proper people for you. The important thing is not to let them intimidate anyone. They tried that here in Indy, but we just kept reporting it and in the end it helped us more than anything. Every time management tried to intimidate us, more people signed cards. We are now certified and we ended up with 80% of our people signed, so use their tactics to your advantage. Keep me posted here and let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

dvr49 said:
mossbackman:
Just think about this. UPS pay's it's part timers on this scale 8.50 to start, 9.00 after 90 days, 9.50 after 1 yr., 10.00 2 yrs., 10.50 3yrs.,11.50 4yrs. plus 1.00 per hr. more for SKILLED positions. 3.5 hrs shift guarantied, 17.5 hrs per wk. and they do have some benefits. Thats for anybody gaining seniority after 2002 seniority before 2002 is higher. Now that's not drivers I have no idea what they start at, I did see a post that a shifter or jockey starts at 8.50 and it's part time also If you don't believe this check out post #2 by Mike01 on the UPS forum under PART TIME he is a UPS worker. My son applied for an unloader position and that's the same scale they gave him in the interview.
Now I'm not saying this could happen at UPSF but do you really think that freight is going to get more than package has? Just think how many full time dock and jockey positions UPSF has, and what they could save if they were part time. The people screaming for the union should be careful what they wish for.
What makes you think that UPS won't do that to the part-timers anyway? That's why one of the things we are going to push for is a limit on the number of part-timers(casuals) and all current part-timers be grandfathered in so they will become full-time if they so choose. Like it was pointed out in a previous post, NMFA has no part-timers, so it shouldn't be a problem getting that into our contract also.

mossbackman said:
sounds like the propagada machine is on full blast.....

well I know why the Dallas drivers with more than 6 years time, wont sign cards, because they can't manipulate themselves into time off and jumping to the head of the extraboard drivers so that they get extra runs. Ok to screw fellow drivers but bet they are the 1st to complain if it happens to them! I will be at the union hall this week! local 745

mossbackman said:

This Terminal needs to be Union or maybe Hoffa can just throw a brick through one of their windshiels to get their attention. Anyway it goes their going to have to do some work.

mossbackman said:

They had a open meeting about the union a week ago, so they aren't falling for that.

I really don't believe this to be true.

Union info posted on the employee board and even the APWA has info posted there. I'm here and I haven't seen or heard the Sup's or Managment saying anything about one side or the other.

Did you hear this from an employee from here?

hardway said:
Where and when are we gonna be offered cards to sign in Texas? How do we get it started?:bananapowerslide:

Hardway,

If your really interested in the Union, come talk to the road drivers in the break room around 7:00pm or 8:00pm. We're all getting together and signing APWA Card's inspite of the teamsters. But if you're not interested that's ok too. To each is own and no hard feeling!