TForce | Union Drive In Texas?

Apo ... no Im not retired yet, i work nights but i should have been retired back in 03 but companys i worked for, for years were sold and O was the third time I had to start over.I have been in the business scence 73. I have 2 horses myself, on my favorite hat. will your wife let you get a machine to help you do the chores? MORE POWER!!! dont over do it my friend... take a break.

Horses on your HAT?

I had to read your post a couple of times to see what you were saying?

Now I get cha!!

Thats funny,your horses are the best kind,wassesname.

You don't have to feed them,or muck out their stalls.
My wife had 9 but shes down to only 4.
2 Appy's.1 pony,and 1 minature.
Also 2 goats,3 barn cats,as well as 4 house cats,that never go outside.

All these animals,no kids.

With kids they grow up,get married,than move on.

I gotta wait for all of her pets to kick off.

Although I don't have to pay for a college education,or bail them out of jail,so I guess theres a bright side to everything.

She has her animals,but she's not a QVC hound like other wives.

She knows I hate all of her pets,but I love her,and thats something she's secure with.

Apo ... it sounds like there is never a dull moment arround your place. Are you in Texas or did we stray from the origional topic?

Thanks frog... I am glad your watching. didnt want to hurt Apo`s feelings by saying we were way off topic. He seems like a swell guy.

Yeah I like the old Boy too. He's older than me and that seems hard to find on the boards. We don't see eye to eye but thats okay too.
I do think we are a little off topic though!

Please forgive me for straying off this threads topic.

What is it?

Ha,ha,sorry about that.

Just thought I could post something becides union stuff for a little change of pace.

But I'll let you get back to the business at hand,and keep my non-union thoughts to myself.
Unless of course I ever find a non-union thread around the UPS Freight forum.

Than again I could always go up to the watering whole,thats not all union stuff.

You poster are way to kind to me sometimes,thanks for the slack.
Carry on,my friends.

I live just west of Rochester,N.Y.
My terminal number is RCH#126 for all of you that wants to know.

If you don't care where I live.
Than don't read this part of my post.

Apo ... you have friends here, we are intrested in what you think but dont know what you have against Unions. I should speak for myself, I am intrested.

Apo,
No need to apologize for straying off topic from time to time. I kinda like to read about the farm and your Wife's pets, etc. Sometimes we all need a break from the reality of life. Keep posting Apo!

Well I had nothing but trouble in my old Teamster days.

My local rep.'s were not very nice to me.
Of course I was kind of a big mouth,that didn't always agree with what the union was doing with my dues money.

I joined the Teamsters in 1966.
I didn't see the light,to change my wicked ways,to become a Born again Christian in the Apostolic faith untill 1981.

So for all the years,from 66' till 81' I was butting heads with the union.
Toward the end of my union days,Hall's Motor Transit that I had 17&1/2 years with,closed their doors in March of 1986.

I really needed union representation,and I was denighed any help.

I worked as a casual,at 11 union companies,almost going on the clock full time with Consolidated Freightways.

I popped off a phone line that wasn't a weight posted road.

By law in NY utility lines have to be at least 14 feet high.

I called the phone company,giving them the address to fix the line.

They didn't even ask me who I was,they just wanted to put their line back up.

So to be honest I called into dispatch to report it.
They said we hate to loose you,your such a good worker,but thats an accident,you can't work here any more.

My next call was my local rep.'s who said not only that they couldn't help me,but they wouldn't even try.

I said I may have to get a job outside of the union.
My buisness agent says well we hate to loose a member but you've got to do what you have to do.

I saw other casuals get some breaks,but thats the way it goes,if you don't have friends in high places your on your own.
Even if your dues are helping to pay for the union rep's salaries.

this was the last thing I had to say to my union rep.,which was answered with silence.
I hung up,went to the union hall and took a withdrawl.

Than over to the old Hall's terminal that Overnite had purchased.

The TM didn't want me because of all my union years.

I had my Pastor,and my church pray for me to be hired on at Overnite the rest is history.

In the end I got my help from God,someone that cared,not the union that could care less.

Now you know the whole story of why I'm not to thrilled to be organized again.

pgh1994 said:
Hardway,

If your really interested in the Union, come talk to the road drivers in the break room around 7:00pm or 8:00pm. We're all getting together and signing APWA Card's inspite of the teamsters. But if you're not interested that's ok too. To each is own and no hard feeling!

Well I've waited around the breakroom the last two day and no sight of Hardway or Dallasdog. I would have thought if they are really interested in the unions they would be more open to discuss this in person.

my problems with the teamsters

I read Apostolic's post and it reminded me some of the things I do not like about the Teamsters. I think that your choices are limited though. The APWA isn't going to be there and the company sure isn't if u got a problem.
I am a relatively new member in number of years in the Teamsters. Why don't they help people more with simple things like finding work with a teamster company. I lost my job and had to move to Dalas from San Antonio because the local down there wouldn't help me at all.

truckinusa said:
I read Apostolic's post and it reminded me some of the things I do not like about the Teamsters. I think that your choices are limited though. The APWA isn't going to be there and the company sure isn't if u got a problem.
I am a relatively new member in number of years in the Teamsters. Why don't they help people more with simple things like finding work with a teamster company. I lost my job and had to move to Dalas from San Antonio because the local down there wouldn't help me at all.
I have a friend that put 27 years in ST. J's the teamsters helped him find other work, He went to Valeri, When they closed he went to Red star, When they closed he could not find work for along time so he gave up and retired. He got sick of starting all over again at each barn on the bottom of the list. My point is that when their were so many Frt. company's shutting the doors, It was impossable for the teamsters to find everyone a job with less company's and more teamsters looking for work. This is how "O" ended up with alot of people from CF, Red Star & St. J's

truckinusa said:
The APWA isn't going to be there

I lost my job and had to move to Dalas from San Antonio because the local down there wouldn't help me at all.
The APWA, who has represented, let's see, NOBODY EVER, has a few disgruntled clowns who won't pay dues (great Union men, huh?) to the Teamsters and a Union Busting lawyer running their little dog and pony show.

I remember reading here where you said you worked for a non Union Company and lost your job, right? It's hard enough to get Teamster members a job in a city where no Union Company has a breakbulk terminal, much less a newcomer.