TForce | Union Drive In Texas?

I guess I've just had bad luck. I've always wanted to be in the Teamster, but it took me a while. I was working a temporary construction job in San Antonio,TX at the new Toyota plant they are building. They let me go when work ended and I thought I would be able to get help from the local to find a job. They just told me I could sign a list for convention work. Someone has to hire at some point in time in San Antonio. All the union outfits are there.
The same thing happened to me in Dallas. I asked who was hiring in Dallas when I got fired from Yellow. I was just told to go apply wherever. Luckily a steward from Yellow gave me some info that I would get on quickly at Roadway and it worked out for me. I have had friends in other unions and they are very helpful when it comes to looking for work. If they aren't hiring anywhere they tell you and they know. I got a job and I'm thankful, but it was extremely frustrating for me and I didn't know what to do.

pgh1994 said:
Well I've waited around the breakroom the last two day and no sight of Hardway or Dallasdog. I would have thought if they are really interested in the unions they would be more open to discuss this in person.
Why would I want to have any kind of discussion with you about the union. When alls you have shown here is A tottal bias against anything Teamsters I will decide whats best for me. I ve had plenty of your opioin right here And not to mention youve had your azz handed to you on every point you attemted I will wait and give Indy A chance I believe It will be good. Why dont you try to open your mind A bit and just wait it dosent hurt to look at it and see if you like it. Dont make A mistake you might regret because of the past Remember I was there living it to DD.

OK so the union might not help total idiots get a new job after they screw something up and get fired for it but they were making good money before they became neglagant. at least you had sombody to go to. does conway or fedex have a office with a sign on the door that says "reject relocation & undesireables job replacement dept." NOBODY EVER HELPED ME GET A JOB IN MY LIFE, I went out and did it for myself. I have been a victim of closures and buy-outs many times and never blamed the unions that worked for me. I have always left non-union jobs when a union job became available. the way i look at it is this time a good job came to me when UPS bought O, otherwise I would have been gone last May. as I have posted here before, I am looking forward to a bright future, and its going to be a great place to work.

I had my foot in the door at CF.

When I called my local union hall telling my business agent what had happened with me taking down the phone line.

He wasn't interested in the details.
He said thats, that your done.
Or something like that?
It was a long time ago.

I asked him for help,just a simple phone call to the TM,to ask for another chance,or something on my behalf.
Any help at all.
He told me no he wasn't going to do anything.

I'll never forget what I said next.
I said I've got 20 years in the union,it was my bad luck to be with a company that went under,I'm on my own trying to get on with another union company,now your telling me your not going to help me?

He didn't say anything,so I said I might have to get a job outside of the union.
He says well we hate to loose a member,but you have to do what you have to do.

I than said I can't believe it?
My dues are paying part of your salary,and your telling me not that you can't help me,but you won't help?

There was only silence on his end,so I hung up.

I had just 20 years Teamster credit,for that I'll receive $810.00 a month,after getting out of trucking.
Had I gone on the clock with CF,I'd of had 30 years in 1997,long before they went out of buisness.

All the LTL's in my town had their pick of workers, because so many companies were falling out.
I was competing with a lot of younger drivers.

So I gave up my union card.
Hiring on with Overnite.
I had 3 years non-union before joining the Teamsters in 1966,20 union years.
And I've got 20 years with Overnite/UPS Freight.

I know this is all in the past,I've forgiven everyone involved,but the memories remain.

So as for me I have peace of mind,and am very happy working for a non-union trucking company.

I don't get it,wassesname?
Are you addressing post number 84?

If so please interpit post number 85.
Thanks,you know I'm a few frys short of a happy meal sometimes.

I don't have all the answers,that why I ask questions.

Apo ... I tryed to be a nice guy yesterday. if you need to re read it again do it or get your TM to read it to you. I never needed a union but was always GLAD- they were there to get me a good contract with all the fixins. Do you get those statements from social securty? I can easily see what years I was working a union job and when I wasnt. like truckin... I personaly may have had some bad "luck", but never blamed unions, I never relied on others to "get me a job". now lets get to work.

pgh1994 said:
Well I've waited around the breakroom the last two day and no sight of Hardway or Dallasdog. I would have thought if they are really interested in the unions they would be more open to discuss this in person.

Just what kind of leverage does the APWA have in comparison too the teamster's.?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING..theyr'e a bunch of union-haters run by a labor busting attourney.they have no members, no contracts in place.. don't waste your time on them..i posted a link to this jerk's resume.. i'll have to find it, unless somebody else remembers which forum it's in...http://www.williamsmullen.com/practice_areas/labor_employment/Labor+Employment.htm here.. i found it check out this dirtbag.. love the part where they brag about teaching companies about "union avoidance".. this man wants to divide the workforce.

jeff_spicoli said:
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING..theyr'e a bunch of union-haters run by a labor busting attourney.they have no members, no contracts in place.. don't waste your time on them..i posted a link to this jerk's resume.. i'll have to find it, unless somebody else remembers which forum it's in...http://www.williamsmullen.com/practice_areas/labor_employment/Labor+Employment.htm here.. i found it check out this dirtbag

http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/showthread.php?p=46223#post46223

oops,I guess you beat me to it with your edit...oh well

jeff_spicoli said:
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING..theyr'e a bunch of union-haters run by a labor busting attourney.they have no members, no contracts in place.. don't waste your time on them..i posted a link to this jerk's resume.. i'll have to find it, unless somebody else remembers which forum it's in...http://www.williamsmullen.com/practice_areas/labor_employment/Labor+Employment.htm here.. i found it check out this dirtbag.. love the part where they brag about teaching companies about "union avoidance".. this man wants to divide the workforce.
This guy is a real prize .:wacko:

Just in case it hasn't been posted, Van S. one of the main guys in apwa, was a Teamster. He still works his shift at UPS because he still holds seniority. He can get a better start time/ run because of it. He still has a weekly guarantee on his hours. He receives free insurance and retirement. He chose not to pay union dues and stands around and talks trash about the union, while the whole time taking all of the benifits that are provided for him BY the Teamsters!! :furious: DS.

Accelerator said:
Just what kind of leverage does the APWA have in comparison too the teamster's.?

None! I just think the teamsters mismanaged the members money. I personally don't care for the teamsters as a whole and feel I have nothing to lose with the APWA. Now I have Jack D thinking I'm getting my a$$ handed to me. I've read this forum and havn't seen one reason why I should give the teamsters a chance. If they would clean up the trash more people might change their mind. How long are we going to have to wait on the Indy deal? I interested to see what kind of comments well get as the months roll bye. Sorry for being so neg. I've just not been sold on the empty promises.

pgh1994 said:
None! I just think the teamsters mismanaged the members money. I personally don't care for the teamsters as a whole and feel I have nothing to lose with the APWA. Now I have Jack D thinking I'm getting my a$$ handed to me. I've read this forum and havn't seen one reason why I should give the teamsters a chance. If they would clean up the trash more people might change their mind. How long are we going to have to wait on the Indy deal? I interested to see what kind of comments well get as the months roll bye. Sorry for being so neg. I've just not been sold on the empty promises.
wow posting last names is clear violation of the rules just cant stick to em can you.Well I aint him I know him but you struck out on that one But whoever you are that should get you banned bye bye.

pgh1994 said:
None! I just think the teamsters mismanaged the members money. I personally don't care for the teamsters as a whole and feel I have nothing to lose with the APWA. Now I have Jack D. thinking I'm getting my a$$ handed to me. I've read this forum and havn't seen one reason why I should give the teamsters a chance. If they would clean up the trash more people might change their mind. How long are we going to have to wait on the Indy deal? I interested to see what kind of comments well get as the months roll bye. Sorry for being so neg. I've just not been sold on the empty promises.
This is JackD. who are you Identify yourself.

pgh1994 said:
Now sir you have some more to add to your signature. If you wish to remain here and posting I strongly suggest that you read the rules. If you can not locate them try clicking here. If not just keep up the violations and I'll help you leave.Doesn't matter to me either way.

jdtex said:
THank you Hillbilly !!!!!
Not a problem sir. Wish I had been able to catch it sooner. I really do wish people would read the rules before they start posting. It sure would make things much more civil.

I've already spoke with JDTEX on the phone and apologized for calling him out. At least he was man enough to call on the phone and we able to
discuss a few other topics. And also Hillbilly do me a favor. No, do the loyal members a favor and Ban my a$$. Matter of fact e-mail Jeff and have him remove me completly from this forum. Please! With all due respect as Jeff requested. (You get what you give)