Yellow | UNION DRIVING POSITION

Management at fxf took a 10%haircut. I as a driver didn't have a pay cut. The 401k match was frozen for a bit but that was restored quickly.

Apparently you didn't work for them in 2008-2009. There was a LOT of pay reduction going on.
YES I was working then for the -15% and Reread it , I said none of my "Non-Union " jobs in the passed ever cut my wages or took -15% step child support from me . Only my passed "Union" job cut my pay scale by -15% !

Breeze, this is kind of like saying you don't want to go to jail. When they're holding a "gun to your head", that's known as persuasion.
Sorry, I don't buy that "gun to your head" BS. Everyone had a choice - refuse to accept the pay cuts (which were required by the investment banks in order for them to refinance the debt payment coming due) and see Yellow default on their debt or accept the pay cuts to keep Yellow in business and allow disgruntled employees time to find other employment while still having a good paying job with benefits. Anyone who doesn't see that needs more than new glasses.

Sorry, I don't buy that "gun to your head" BS. Everyone had a choice - refuse to accept the pay cuts (which were required by the investment banks in order for them to refinance the debt payment coming due) and see Yellow default on their debt or accept the pay cuts to keep Yellow in business and allow disgruntled employees time to find other employment while still having a good paying job with benefits. Anyone who doesn't see that needs more than new glasses.
PIE's was voluntary, I accepted it, made good money, and didn't chain up one time on my Fla run.
We had some who wouldn't accept it and made more money.
If enough had not accepted, who knows if we would have worked another year?

PIE's was voluntary, I accepted it, made good money, and didn't chain up one time on my Fla run.
We had some who wouldn't accept it and made more money.
If enough had not accepted, who knows if we would have worked another year?
Breeze, I didn't accept it at PIE and there were also a few others. Kinzy Reeves paid our terminal a visit to try and persuade us to give back. It didn't work. As soon as I got the chance to go to Roadway I left. Little did I know what would happen years later. Oh yea and thank God you didn't have to chain up in "The Free State Of Floridia".:lmao:

Breeze, I didn't accept it at PIE and there were also a few others. Kinzy Reeves paid our terminal a visit to try and persuade us to give back. It didn't work. As soon as I got the chance to go to Roadway I left. Little did I know what would happen years later. Oh yea and thank God you didn't have to chain up in "The Free State Of Floridia".:lmao:
I had a bad feeling they were not going to be around much longer.
I was one of the lucky ones, I already had my 30 yrs in.
I was going to work a few more years but Mama talked me out of that.
Starting on the bottom and running the North End was just too much for a South End boy.
We also had a good many who didn't take the pay cut.

Did it fix their problem?

Did it fix their problem?
Let's see, I'll pretend that's a serious question and that you're not just being a clown. Yes, it did fix their problem for quite a few years. That gave workers there plenty of time to look for a better job while still being employed and earning a good living. Any fool can see that it's much better to be looking for a new job while still employed than to be looking for a job while being out of work. Workers there were free to leave for something better or to stay if they chose to do so. No one was forced to stay or go, personal choice either way. You got a problem with that?

Let's see, I'll pretend that's a serious question and that you're not just being a clown. Yes, it did fix their problem for quite a few years. That gave workers there plenty of time to look for a better job while still being employed and earning a good living. Any fool can see that it's much better to be looking for a new job while still employed than to be looking for a job while being out of work. Workers there were free to leave for something better or to stay if they chose to do so. No one was forced to stay or go, personal choice either way. You got a problem with that?
I don’t recall the saying the givebacks was for any of those purposes. The same job a worker obtained when they closed in 2023 was available in 2008.