TForce | Union info laws

It's ok to do it in the UPSF Forum due to the fact that UPS owns UPSF......However, please follow the other guidelines of posting and avoid personal attacks even if someone's opinion differs from yours.

Just to add to what stldude44 said, If it's the forum of a union company, union talk is allowed. If you want to talk union about a non union company, please take it to the union/non union forum. Union talk for any company is allowed there

Which Board?

skull said:
Whats the rules or laws for posting union info on company boards?
Are you talking the UPSF bulletin board at work or here on TB? We discreetly put it up on our bulletin board at the barn. Then somehow they mysteriously disappear. I'd say they take them down and send them to a lab to dust for fingerprints!! :biglaugh:

you can post it on the employee board only. But don't be surprised to see it disappear real quick like. We've been through this before, it to will pass.

Talk about disappearing.
I came into the drivers room at my terminal monday morning,and everything that had the Overnite logo on it was recycled in file #13,in other words gone to the dumpster.
Street guides,signs about safety,everything but our V.C.R. report pads,and otc #69 delivery bring back pads.
Almost seemed kind of errie.
I was so used to seeing Overnite stuff for 20 years.
Now its clean gone.
Oh well times they are ah changing.

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.

Silverhawk1 said:
I guess we are not in Kansas anymore!
You guys and gals at Overnite ought to feel lucky.When USF Holland took over USF Red Star,They threw us away like the morning trash and made those that wanted jobs beg for em. You guys were incorporated into a larger group and gained money and benefits from it.No body in labor lost their jobs over it. Did They ? Congradulations..I think in the long run weither you go union or stay union free ( Your choice) things can only get better. When things change we all (human nature I suppose) look for the bad things to pop out and chew us up.

mattjm said:
I used to post teamster info on the bulleten board till they tired of taking it down.
my T/M WILL WEAR OUT,OR 'GET RETIRED' before I will,so I got lots of copies that I keep posting at the terminal everday,suppose the little worm has nightmares of TEAMSTERS news bullitins chasing him?:biglaugh: :biglaugh:
:nutkick: :biglaugh:

Maybe we can get some info we can copy online we can post. Like parts of the union contract about linehaul do they give hours up at every stop? It has to be word for word no hearsay.

skull said:
Maybe we can get some info we can copy online we can post. Like parts of the union contract about linehaul do they give hours up at every stop? It has to be word for word no hearsay.
Heres the link to our contract book.
http://www.teamster.org/divisions/freight/nma/TOC_.htm

Every local has a different supplement agreement on some of the pay issues. But as far as I can tell, nobody gives up more then a couple minutes per stop, if any. I could not give you a definite answer, unless your located in my local area.

skull said:

Skull, most pay issues invloving delays, etc are located within the supplement agreements.
I have looked for links for supplements in the past and they are hard to come by.
Also delay pay varies between supllements.

Like serta said in the above post, you may lose a few minutes here or there but never hours and never at a reduced rate.

If this helps I am going to type out exactly what the New England supplemnt says about paid time in general.

Article 61 Section 8

All empployees covered by this agreement shall be paid for all time spend in the service of the employer. Rates of pay provided by this agreement shall be miniums. Time shall be computed from the time that the employee is ordered to report to work and registers in and until the time he is effectivley released from duty. All time lost due to delays as a results of overlaods or certificate violation involving federal, state or city regulations, or which occur through no fault of the driver, shall be paid for. Such payment for driver's time when not driving shall be the hourly rate

Hope this helps

T251

Thanks for the info Serta And 251. I'll spred the info. Road drivers should get paid for all there time except half hour lunch. How would city drivers like not get paid when they get stuck at a stop.