union joke

truxpin62

TB Lurker
Credits
After leaving NEMF back in the spring and now having a battle with the union about my severance i can understand how this joke of a union gets such a bad reputation--should of known a while back what was coming when by chance i found out the union was crediting my pension to another driver out of syracuse needless to say took almost a year to get that straightened out and only after a hundred phone calls and a few threats--now trying to get lump sum severance cause didn,t have enough time to get vested and all i get now is the run around, from 1 month to the next all i get is excuses. seems everyone there is either not there or on vacation, or something got screwed up and they have to get it straightened out. The one thing i keep hearing like it,s a recording is it will be next month. Talked to a lawyer about what i could do and he advised to first file a complaint with the states attys. offices in both jersey and pa. sad if that is what has to be done. like i said what a joke.:hysterical:

After leaving NEMF back in the spring and now having a battle with the union about my severance i can understand how this joke of a union gets such a bad reputation--should of known a while back what was coming when by chance i found out the union was crediting my pension to another driver out of syracuse needless to say took almost a year to get that straightened out and only after a hundred phone calls and a few threats--now trying to get lump sum severance cause didn,t have enough time to get vested and all i get now is the run around, from 1 month to the next all i get is excuses. seems everyone there is either not there or on vacation, or something got screwed up and they have to get it straightened out. The one thing i keep hearing like it,s a recording is it will be next month. Talked to a lawyer about what i could do and he advised to first file a complaint with the states attys. offices in both jersey and pa. sad if that is what has to be done. like i said what a joke.:hysterical:

well my situation was different. i was vested, and it took about 90 days to get ALL my money. why 90 days...?? a few keystrokes on the pc and send me my check..

i was sent a letter/form to fill out. this was about 2 weeks after i left the company.

yes, so someone else "see's" the union as a joke....

it in all actuality can be that people are on vacation. i mean it is summertime. but keep track of all your phone calls, who you speak with, time, dates, numbers, person's name(s), etc,etc....

i would file a complaint, if to at least leave another paper trail of your work. a good paper trail leaves no questions....but requires many answers....

If you were not vested,you might not be entitled to any thing.That is why getting your time in to be vested is so important.Years back you had to get 10 years,but now it is only 5 years.Good luck...

lies

if your not vested your pension is paid to you in a lump sum, and like being vested it is suppose to be handled 90 days after either retiring or resigning, but unfortunately 447 seems to have this attitude that it will do what ever it takes to keep what has been paid in your behalf (but legally they cannot) so they do the next best thing STALL, guess they hope you get frustrated and give up. they must take a lot of vacations at 447 cause thats been the same song and dance i hear month to month, you would think they would come up with a different story from 1 month to the next, you know write up a script these girls could go by so they don;t look or sound so repetitive. if your going to keep lying to me at least have the courtesy to be respectful.:toxic:

447 suck turned 62 and they are still holding my 401k they tell me i need to be 70 WTF me american I know the rules

if
you are no longer with 447 and you moved on to another job that also has 401 you have the right to roll it over to your present 401, if not then you have the right to withdraw your 401 out of 447 as soon as you turned 59 and1/2 you should of been able to withdraw your 401k without penalty. you need to do some serious checking into this cause it sounds to me that 447 is trying it;s best to screw you like they do every-one else.

if
you are no longer with 447 and you moved on to another job that also has 401 you have the right to roll it over to your present 401, if not then you have the right to withdraw your 401 out of 447 as soon as you turned 59 and1/2 you should of been able to withdraw your 401k without penalty. you need to do some serious checking into this cause it sounds to me that 447 is trying it;s best to screw you like they do every-one else.

Is it a pension or a 401K?? Two different plans,entirely different...

It is a 401k I know I could have it at 591/2 but I waited until I retired @ 62 now the tell me 70 I think I will get a lawyer they said If I take it it wont make any money I dont care I want me money