TForce | Union letter from Richmond

Gater

TB Regular
Credits
I got a letter in the mail today from Richmond from Jack H. the UPS Freight Senior VP of Operations. The letter talks about the Teamsters and the AWPA.

"The letter is intended to help you deal with the untruths spread by Teamster locals who have conducted themselves in suck a irresponsible way."

The letter says that "there is no current card check agreement with the Teamsters or any other labor organization. The one prior agreement ended when the Indianapolis facility's card check was validated and recongnized. Simply put, anyone stating that there is a current card check agreenent is not telling you the truth."

"Some locals across the country have been telling employees there will be a Master Teamster Agreement, accompanied by regional supplements for UPS Freight. This is not true."

The letter goes on too tell the the AWPA has filed a petition withe the NLRB on Monday, June 25 seeking the represent our partners in Kansas City. That "the majority to the employees will ultimately have the right to decide in a secret ballot whether they want the AWPA to represent them." "I do not believe the APWA will succeed in this endeavor" The AWPA "relies on the same rhetoric and empty promised in its attempt to find members and build its bank accounts with dues and initiation fees."

I wounder why they are always trying to get us UPS freight employees to join their unknown union?
Why not see if other non-union LTL trucking company employees are interested in coming on board with them?

If KC does go with the APWA,and the Indy contract drags on,as well as Reno with their paper Teamsters contract,no other card offerings to anyother terminal in our system.

This sounds like a union organizing nightmare?
What good will be the out come of having all of this seperate barganing going on?

If all of us old Overniters had any idea of what our futures had in store,maybe we'd of been Teamsters long before this?

Whos got the answers to avoid the organizing mess that seems to be unfolding before our eyes?

Maybe we should just hang it up,and stay a non-union company it looks like we'd make things a whole lot less complicated then seems to be going on at this present time?

I got the same letter today also.
what the hell is going on?

Bravo!!!

I think the company is trying to protect you from APWA.

APWA could disrupt operations severly if allowed to divide the masses. They will take your money, use you lie a "redheadaed Stepchild, and throw you to the wolves or even worse sell you short.

Listen to the company on this one, allow the Indy contract to be settled and go from there. It can only get better.
Good things come to those that wait.

Later T251

Bravo!!!

I think the company is trying to protect you from APWA.

APWA could disrupt operations severly if allowed to divide the masses. They will take your money, use you lie a "redheadaed Stepchild, and throw you to the wolves or even worse sell you short.

Listen to the company on this one, allow the Indy contract to be settled and go from there. It can only get better.
Good things come to those that wait.

Later T251
APWA could...APWA could... APWA could have financial ties to China. APWA could be channeling membership contributions to develop angry sharks with LAZERS attached to their heads.....

Teamsters kept saying that if UPS pulled out of CS, that it would destroy the fund. Now Hoffa is considering such a proposal from UPS in the parcel contract.

Teamsters kept saying that APWA isn't a real union. Seems that the NLRB accepted a valid election petition from this "fake union" this week, and they sure seem to think APWA is valid enough to file NLRB charges. Check your letter from Richmond and tell me what Jack says about APWA being or not being a union.

How many more "could be's" are gonna come up dry for you guys?

And "Listen to the company"...???? Wow.... Spin a little harder, will ya? Lets hear that one again.

Teamster251 said:
Listen to the company on this one
Cause the company is lookin out for your best interest. Right?

in my opinion...

one thing you have to understand on indy, nationwide card check and neutrality has to be in the contract at indy . that is so critical. ups don't want the legal problems overnite had so the best and quiet way is a card check. you have elections at our barns like we had before, same thing could happen that happen before, and i don't think anyone is up for that again. as for the apwa, i think they are union busters, what i can't figure out is this danny dude has 35 years with ups, 35 years! he has a hell of a pension check coming, go fishing, spend some time with his family, i mean something isn't right there.

I wonder why the APWA has not tried to organize DHL or FEDEX? Afterall they are package carriers. Wait a minute....thats right, the APWA is for UPS parcel only......until now!!! What happened? No one wants to listen to the empty promises at Buster Brown? Oh I think I get it now......as a special introductory offer we'll let the freight side in. It's looking more and more like a personal vandetta against UPS. At least if the APWA was focused on their primary purpose of representing the package industry as a whole, it would maybe appear to have some sort of respect. But apparently they are getting nowhere so it's time to cross to the freight side of the UPS name. Maybe they should change the name to AFWA to represent the freight side of UPS only. What a joke. And as far as Jack H. is concerned, he states that the APWA will fail in their attempts to organize UPSF too!!!

So your saying white paper contracts are no good webidiot?

Is it good for your barn in Reno, isn't your contract white paper?

A contracts only as good as its wording,so who cares what kind of paper its printed on?

Gee wiz webidiot sometimes I can't tell what your trying to say?

Your a real funny guy,but seeing your one of my UPS Freight co-workers I wish you all the best.
Keep up the good work,your a credit to our company.

So your saying white paper contracts are no good webidiot?

Is it good for your barn in Reno, isn't your contract white paper?

A contracts only as good as its wording,so who cares what kind of paper its printed on?

Gee wiz webidiot sometimes I can't tell what your trying to say?

Your a real funny guy,but seeing your one of my UPS Freight co-workers I wish you all the best.
Keep up the good work,your a credit to our company.

:funky: :hysterical: :biglaugh:

You find my post funny Skeeter?
I guess your little cartoon figures tell it all.
In your post reply actions speak louder then words!

We can all save a lot of time and problems if we just stay non union (in my opinion). I know im gonna catch a lot of flack from saying this but thats the way i feel. Ive been reading these posts for months and it seems like if you think counter to what somebody thinks or says on here they try to belittle you (i.e. you belong to management or you dont know what your talking about). I ve been employed here for 8 yrs.now and ive been treated very well. In my opinion i would like to stay nonunion but thats my opinion (some people have a problem with that but i dont care). Sorry for the rambling on here im done now ill just sit back and wait for all of the negative posts to be written about this one thanks for your time.

We can all save a lot of time and problems if we just stay non union (in my opinion). I know im gonna catch a lot of flack from saying this but thats the way i feel. Ive been reading these posts for months and it seems like if you think counter to what somebody thinks or says on here they try to belittle you (i.e. you belong to management or you dont know what your talking about). I ve been employed here for 8 yrs.now and ive been treated very well. In my opinion i would like to stay nonunion but thats my opinion (some people have a problem with that but i dont care). Sorry for the rambling on here im done now ill just sit back and wait for all of the negative posts to be written about this one thanks for your time.

seminole wind, I am glad you made a comment after several months of not posting. I for one want to hear as many people with their diverse opinions as possible.
Please don't let a few knuckle heads stop you. I put my foot in my mouth sometimes. But we are all human.
I wish things was working out for us to stay nonunion also. But I believe UPS could of nipped it in the bud if they would of made the right changes in the beginning.
Especially with Motor Cargo. But to our surprise their didn't.
Like the delay pay and sick leave and on and on. I know I'm a long term employee to but this is not Overnite any longer.

I'm finding out that what most of the feeder drivers I run with are right about what they say about UPS. You need a union working here.

Time will tell.

Why are we getting so many mixed messages about the contract? One minute we are being told its in the work then this letter says its all a lie. So who are we to believe?

Why are we getting so many mixed messages about the contract? One minute we are being told its in the work then this letter says its all a lie. So who are we to believe?
The contract is for INDY. This will help the other terminals if and when they choose to go TEAMSTERS.

If UPS wanted us to stay non union they would have given us better medical benefits at a MUCH lower cost than we have now. They would also respect seniority. Pay delay time, Overtime after eight, Same rules for everyone, No favortisim, Ect. Ect. What did we get? RULES thats it. I have been non union for 29 years in trucking. After alot of investigating the facts, And after seeing this operation run on a daily basis since UPS bought us I am convinced that working for UPS, We need a union.:1036316054:

now now

If UPS wanted us to stay non union they would have given us better medical benefits at a MUCH lower cost than we have now. They would also respect seniority. Pay delay time, Overtime after eight, Same rules for everyone, No favortisim, Ect. Ect. What did we get? RULES thats it. I have been non union for 29 years in trucking. After alot of investigating the facts, And after seeing this operation run on a daily basis since UPS bought us I am convinced that working for UPS, We need a union.:1036316054:

To hear the management speak there is NO Favoritism at UPSF (What a F*k*** JOKE.)
Work Rules? Whats that? OH you mean those rules that change DEPENDS ON what the company wants?
Senority--Now that depends on how thick your knee pads are.
PAY?????? {I guess you get one if you work.
OH SORRY thats right I dont work for a common carrier but I do work for UPSF}

I will admit we are not the perfect companyin the business but there are far worse.As for your reasons we need a union i disagree. Reconizing seniority sometimes does seem to be a problem ill be the first to admit that. As for favoritism i hope you dont think going union will stop all that there is more favoritism and cronyism in a union (everybody taking care of there buddies ive seen it done). As for the rules yeah sure in a union its all written out as to how its supposed to be done but it always seems to be an as per instance as to how those rules are interpreted and who the person is depends on how they enforce those rules. As for delay pay yeah it can be better but getting it after 1 hour is better than nothing.The insurance i get it at a lower cost than i did with overnite and its a better insurance. The overtime after 8 i think it will come in time i may be wrong but who knows. Im done my rant for now.