TForce | Union letter from Richmond

seminole wind, I am glad you made a comment after several months of not posting. I for one want to hear as many people with their diverse opinions as possible.
Please don't let a few knuckle heads stop you. I put my foot in my mouth sometimes. But we are all human.
I wish things was working out for us to stay nonunion also. But I believe UPS could of nipped it in the bud if they would of made the right changes in the beginning.
Especially with Motor Cargo. But to our surprise their didn't.
Like the delay pay and sick leave and on and on. I know I'm a long term employee to but this is not Overnite any longer.

I'm finding out that what most of the feeder drivers I run with are right about what they say about UPS. You need a union working here.

Time will tell.

Sorry I did'nt know how to take just one quote out of the whole post! I was wondering about the quote he made regarding Motor Cargo!

Sorry I did'nt know how to take just one quote out of the whole post! I was wondering about the quote he made regarding Motor Cargo!

I cannot speak for skeeter, but I am assuming he was referring to how MC employee's got the shaft with no lube or even a kiss when UPS first took the reigns.

I cannot speak for skeeter, but I am assuming he was referring to how MC employee's got the shaft with no lube or even a kiss when UPS first took the reigns.
You mean with UPS(freight) using overnite like a marionette to operate overnite as overnite. UPS is just as crass as the one they bought.No improvement at all ! There is no show of real management involvement to make anything work, no comradre,no leadership; just a wicked dreary self survival air about it. It stinks.They`re weak & they`re overnite & those few mc guys that are brain washed by them.

You mean with UPS(freight) using overnite like a marionette to operate overnite as overnite. UPS is just as crass as the one they bought.No improvement at all ! There is no show of real management involvement to make anything work, no comradre,no leadership; just a wicked dreary self survival air about it. It stinks.They`re weak & they`re overnite & those few mc guys that are brain washed by them.

You can blast "O" all you want. I am not in your shoes.
I do know that before UPS bought us, every driver I talked to before I was hired(on the CB or in person) said they wouldn't work anywhere else and how much they loved it here. You don't hear that anymore because we are not "O" anymore.
"O" management might still be in place but UPS is pulling the strings. So blast away, but you should correct who you are blasting.

You can blast "O" all you want. I am not in your shoes.
I do know that before UPS bought us, every driver I talked to before I was hired(on the CB or in person) said they wouldn't work anywhere else and how much they loved it here. You don't hear that anymore because we are not "O" anymore.
"O" management might still be in place but UPS is pulling the strings. So blast away, but you should correct who you are blasting.

All the old MC drivers I know and talk to say they would give up every thing they have now with UPSF, if it meant going back to MC!

All the old MC drivers I know and talk to say they would give up every thing they have now with UPSF, if it meant going back to MC!

I don't disagree with you there. I'm quite sure there are a lot of "O" employee's that love to do the same to be "O" again...but we don't have that choice.

Just remember (if you were here then) when "O"
bought MC (as far as I know) they didn't make big changes to you. I believe you operated as before. It was when UPS bought us that you saw changes...then you guys were pissed at Overnite.

That is all in the past now and we are UPSF, so I guess we just hope for a better tomorrow....and that isn't going to happen with the APWA.

Hey, It takes team work to get any where. The old MC guys and the old "O" guys should stick together now. Lets all be pissed off at UPS.

Gater, Can you scan/post the copy of this letter. curius bout the apwa.

I don't have a scaner and I don't know anyone that has one. Maybe some of the other people on the list has a scaner and they could post it.

I'm hidding out at the OBX. I will be gone for several more day's

this letter is the real deal. it's not from a former overnite employee. this gentleman has 27 years with UPS. as sr, vice president i figure he has the authority to tell it like it is. no doubt he carries a lot of clout for lack of a better word.

Gater, Can you scan/post the copy of this letter. curius bout the apwa.
REXTeamsters,
I have an "official" brochure from APWA that I got shortly after the buy-out.. I've scanned it and it's ready to go if you want me to PM it to you. It's got the web address, phone #s, names of the President and the Sr. Vice Pres too.
I'm sure they have a web site that's very entertaining..... I mean informative.

I don't disagree with you there. I'm quite sure there are a lot of "O" employee's that love to do the same to be "O" again...but we don't have that choice.

Just remember (if you were here then) when "O"
bought MC (as far as I know) they didn't make big changes to you. I believe you operated as before. It was when UPS bought us that you saw changes...then you guys were pissed at Overnite.

That is all in the past now and we are UPSF, so I guess we just hope for a better tomorrow....and that isn't going to happen with the APWA.

AMEN, HALIALUEHIA.

APO, DID I SPELL THAT RIGHT?

TRUER WORDS WAS NEVER SPOKEN, HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD AND DROVE IT HOME BABY, RIGHT ON.

Thank you very much.

Elvis has left the building.:smilie_132:

Why isn't this something?
All the sweet flowery news letters using big terms about how grand the barganing talks are proceeding.

Now we have here from the under ground faction of the Teamsters union,a letter that totally refuits their claims,of being close to a contract settelment?

In my opinion from this latest information,we UPS Freight folks may be in the middle of a fulblown war between labor union groups?

Two angry UPS employees in the procees of forming their own labor union,the (APWA)in opposition to the Teamsters.

Then we have the Teamsters for a democratic union,better known to everyone as the (TDU),who are in opposition to the International Brotherhood of the Teamsters,known to all as the (IBT).
So where do all of us UPS Freight workers come in with this labor war?

We are waiting for a contract to be completed that the IBT says is going very well.
The TDU is showing us that the IBT doesn't know what they are reporting.

Now heres a news letter posted with remarks from our UPS Freight president thats totally in opposition to any barganing?

When we were first rebranded we were told by the IBT that the UPS CEO gave the IBT the green light to organize us?

I think we are all between a rock,and a hard place so to speak.
Who really knows whats going on for sure?

I guess we are still going to be a non-union LTL trucking company with no end in sight.

Whatever it works for me.

Its just to bad we were being fed a line of balony all of this time.

Well you tell me hillbilly frog,whos telling it straight?
Its becoming a case of everyone involved in this labor organizing fight,making their clams.

So how can we sort all of the truth,from the hogwash?

I guess what I'm asking is who,and what can we believe?

This whole deal has become some what frustrating,with all the claims that are being thrown at us?

I'm really getting fed up with this whole organizing effort this time.
So I can't answer for the rest of my co-workers,but I'm about ready to throw in the towel,and just do what I'm used to doing.

I give them,my best,and don't worry about the rest,of the balony thats going on around me!!

Maybe we should just hang it up,and stay a non-union company it looks like we'd make things a whole lot less complicated then seems to be going on at this present time?
Delay is an effective tactic used by the employer,delay will kill desire. remember its the company's campaign to keep the union out.