TForce | Union letter from Richmond

The thing I'm not getting in this whole deal.
Is the suppossed willingness of the UPS CEO,to allow J.Hoffa Jr. to have a free hand for the Teamsters to organize us?
Then we are getting feed back from our new company that they don't want us to have any part of being organized?
What gives?
Also the barganing talks that were just rolling along so fine,and dandy?
Who was truthful about that issue now that we are seeing the opposition of UPS Freight's president?

I know you Teamsters want us to be incouraged to keep seeking representation,but who can say where we are at now?

Or where is all of these claims,by all these voices going?

If all of you that aren't walking in the shoes of any UPS Freight employee's were in our same place,what would your call be?

Hang in there?
Or forget about the whole orgainizing issue,and just do your best for your company,as usual?

Apostolic I'll share my personal experience with you.

The company I worked for before I came to ABF had Road drivers that were Teamsters and Local drivers that were not.
We(local drivers) all signed cards and the Union petitioned the NLRB to hold an election since the company refused to recognize them as our bargaining agents.
For about 3 months we had to listen to anti union propaganda everyday for that 3 months. They doubled the number of drivers we had and we signed them up as fast as they hired them.
Finally had the election and we voted 100% in favor of the Teamsters.
The company found every excuse they could to postpone negotiations for as long as they could. Finally after months of this they began to negotiate.
Long story short it took a year and a half of negotiations before we ever excepted a contract. This was a white paper contract. All the language in it had to be hammered out from scratch just like yours is.
Good things come to those that wait. Hang tight and don't be discouraged by the length of time it takes to do this 1st time contract.
Just do as you say. Do your job to the best of your ability and don't worry about the rest. Folks are working hard on your behalf even if some folks don't want you to believe it.

Thanks a lot for your note of incouragment hillbilly frog.
Your someone here I've learned to trust,your posts have always been truthful.

I'm going to do just that,take my own advice,as well as your past experience,and continue to do my best,hang in there,and not worry about anything thats not in my control anyway.

You know worry is the same as rocking in a rocking chair.
You are moving,but you aren't going anywhere.
Its ok I'll let all the people that chose to do the worrying beat me to the grave yard with their wasted efforts.
So thanks again for your incouraging post comments hillbilly frog.

Apostolic I'll share my personal experience with you.

The company I worked for before I came to ABF had Road divers that were Teamsters and Local drivers that were not.
We(local drivers) all signed cards and the Union petitioned the NLRB to hold an election since the company refused to recognize them as our bargaining agents.
For about 3 months we had to listen to anti union propaganda everyday for that 3 months. They doubled the number of drivers we had and we signed them up as fast as they hired them.
Finally had the election and we voted 100% in favor of the Teamsters.
The company found every excuse they could to postpone negotiations for as long as they could. Finally after months of this they began to negotiate.
Long story short it took a year and a half of negotiations before we ever excepted a contract. This was a white paper contract. All the language in it had to be hammered out from scratch just like yours is.
Good things come to those that wait. Hang tight and don't be discouraged by the length of time it takes to do this 1st time contract.
Just do as you say. Do your job to the best of your ability and don't worry about the rest. Folks are working hard on your behalf even if some folks don't want you to believe it.

And this is exactly how I have felt about it. We have no control over the UPS/"O" purchase. Why get all stressed out about things we cannot control. Let nature run its coarse and in the long run I believe things will get better. What other choices do we have? Be stressed out and miserable, Leave the company or hang in there with a positive attitude. No matter what happens, On Thursdays I collect my paycheck, go home and leave it all behind. The family gets fed, & the mortgage gets paid. Just that alone is alot more than others can say. Happy, Stress free almost Debt free and waiting for nature to give me even a better life.:1036316054:

Thats the spirit BusterNight,we are working to provide the best life,for all of our loved ones.

At UPS Freight we really aren't being paid to bad.

Of course a lot of things could be a whole lot better.

But the issues like over time after 8,as well as delay pay for the road drivers,and better benefits,are something we can cry the blues about.

But its totally up to our company to take care of us, so everyone will want to keep working here.

However we are looking at our life at UPS Freight,it could also be a lot worse.

So I'm taking hillbilly frogs advice,as well as the way I've worked in the non-union sector of the LTL trucking industry.
Which is do your best,don't pay any attention to the negatives.
Collect our pay once a week,and enjoy our time of with the ones we love,or pal around with.

Life can really be good if you chose to live it with the right attitude.

Thats the spirit BusterNight,we are working to provide the best life,for all of our loved ones.

But the issues like over time after 8,as well as delay pay for the road drivers,and better benefits,are something we can cry the blues about.

But its totally up to our company to take care of us, so everyone will want to keep working here.

So I'm taking hillbilly frogs advice,as well as the way I've worked in the non-union sector of the LTL trucking industry.
Collect our pay once a week,and enjoy our time of with the ones we love,or pal around with.

Yup, I started drinking again and everything is great. I love life and I love UPS.:hysterical:

Amen. I could not have said it any better.

Partner?:hysterical:
'Ol J.H. sure has a sense of humor...

As I read his letter, to his "partners", I couldn't help but think of Roy, Dale, Pat, Gabby and trigger & buttermilk sitting around the campfire singing "Happy Trails"...
Almost brought a tear to my eye...
Partner...

The thing I'm not getting in this whole deal.
Is the suppossed willingness of the UPS CEO,to allow J.Hoffa Jr. to have a free hand for the Teamsters to organize us?
Then we are getting feed back from our new company that they don't want us to have any part of being organized?
What gives?
Also the barganing talks that were just rolling along so fine,and dandy?
Who was truthful about that issue now that we are seeing the opposition of UPS Freight's president?

I know you Teamsters want us to be incouraged to keep seeking representation,but who can say where we are at now?

Or where is all of these claims,by all these voices going?

If all of you that aren't walking in the shoes of any UPS Freight employee's were in our same place,what would your call be?

Hang in there?
Or forget about the whole orgainizing issue,and just do your best for your company,as usual?

Geez man! You need to mellow out.

MELLOW OUT???

How would you like being in the middle of all this uncertainty.

Will the honest people please stand up.
All others may leave the room!!

Why can't we get some straight answers,instead of all the hogwash thats been on going since the latest organizing efforts?

You want I should just chill?
Or mellow out?

Well heres how I'm seeing this issue,at this time.
We are hanging in limbo,we are still a non-union company with little hope of being organized anytime soon,and theres nothing,any of us can do about it?

So I say just do your best,and don't worry about anything we have no control over.

MELLOW OUT???

Why can't we get some straight answers,instead of all the hogwash thats been on going since the latest organizing efforts?

Or mellow out?

We are hanging in limbo,we are still a non-union company with little hope of being organized anytime soon,and theres nothing,any of us can do about it?

So I say just do your best,and don't worry about anything we have no control over.

We are the reason we are not organized Apo. We have the power to sign a card or not sign. I agree with so much you say on this board, but if We sign cards and ask for representation then wala we will get what we asked for. We shouldn't be in limbo, we all should be signing cards and getting the representation that working for UPS needs. At our barn things have went down hill drastically. and I'm disgusted with the way people are treated (sometimes better than others and sometimes worse, but it never seems equal).................

I'm signed. are you?

I am always told by our local union here in Rochester that no more cards are going to be offered to any other terminals,untill the Indy contract is complete.
I've posted this fact numerous times on here.
So I don't know what to tell the rest of you?

We can't sign up,because theres nothing being offered by our local union hall to sign.
End of story!!!!!

I am always told by our local union here in Rochester that no more cards are going to be offered to any other terminals,untill the Indy contract is complete.
I've posted this fact numerous times on here.
So I don't know what to tell the rest of you?

We can't sign up,because theres nothing being offered by our local union hall to sign.
End of story!!!!!

If you have enough of a following, go to your hall and sighn cards to see the agreement , tell your hall that they are there to represent you, not visa versa. Do they want the representation or not, and make it a point.

If you have enough of a following, go to your hall and sighn cards to see the agreement , tell your hall that they are there to represent you, not visa versa. Do they want the representation or not, and make it a point.

Sign a APWA card apostic.Look into it!That's where all the hubs are going.Watch and see!

MELLOW OUT???

Or mellow out?

Pos did you ever call that number i gave you?