TForce | Union Meeting in CGO

I am not gonna argue with you becuase you make up facts as you go.

so here argue with the contract.

2326651351_5f13877909.jpg

I have said many times we do not get a teamster pension. We or the managers are no better off as far as the pension goes with the union.

The 401k is never in the companies hands they can never touch it. Even if the company goes bankrupt your 401k will still be there.

Dude,WTF is the matter with you? The contract has nothing to do with management having their pension frozen at any given moment by UPS. It has nothing to do with Ups terminating a managers 401k match. The contract covers those who petitioned for it. (hourly employees)not supervisors or managers. And if you remain an at will employee, they can have their way with you, anytime they care to, as well. And you bring a tear to my eye with the comment about making up facts. How dare you sir. How can facts be made up? Facts are facts. And that, sir, is what I post on this forum. In the future, please refrain from besmirching my good name, and keep your insults to a minimum while addressing your king. Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Elvis out...

Elvis,

Original statement:
Even some of the Supes at my barn wish they could join the union because they figure that brown is going to screw them out of thier pension and 401 !
It looks like he is saying going union will protect the 401k and pension, (which it doesn't).

So I asked :
breeze, how could brown screw the managers out of there pension or 401? And not the employees?

this is why I asked to let him know there is no "union pension" go reread the original statement.
Brown can do anything it wants...they control the purse strings on the non-union pension and it is not a guaranteed thing that will always be there. As far as the 401k, they could just stop contributing to it...a million things could happen to it. ENRON anyone ?

Alot of people still think we are getting a teamster pension we are not I will say it again it is no safer now then it was before we voted in the union. And the 401k can not be taken away ever.

Where did I make anything up? This is just like the post where you went on and on about me saying pretrips are not required.

I will ask you here also, show me where I am making any of this up as you say I am.

The statement I made, have been making and will continue to make is, the pension is not going to be controlled by the union, it will not be any safer once we go union then it is now.

Elvis,

Original statement:

It looks like he is saying going union will protect the 401k and pension, (which it doesn't).

So I asked :

this is why I asked to let him know there is no "union pension" go reread the original statement.

Alot of people still think we are getting a teamster pension we are not I will say it again it is no safer now then it was before we voted in the union. And the 401k can not be taken away ever.

Where did I make anything up? This is just like the post where you went on and on about me saying pretrips are not required.

I will ask you here also, show me where I am making any of this up as you say I am.

The statement I made, have been making and will continue to make is, the pension is not going to be controlled by the union, it will not be any safer once we go union then it is now.

Lets say this. If the pention is negotiated in the contract which it is, then the pention is protected for the next 5 years.

The entity that is managing the pention will not be the Teamsters, it will be UPS. How can something be taken away, if it is in the contract negotiated for the next 5 years. After all it took them no time at all to take the match for the 401.

I think if UPS wanted to take the pention away, they would have done so by now.

I also find it rather hypocriticle, that a SUP. wants to get involved with the union ,for the simple fact it is they who do not follow the rules, which is the hole reason for this movement, It must feel good for them to want what they may not have, I have been doing this without a contract for the past 10 years, I will shed a tear for them when my head hit's the pillow tonight. Just as they did when they felt it necessary not to follow the $10,000.00 dollar toilet paper.

If they want a pention and a 401 become a grunt.

I am not so sure Accel.

According to that second paragraph it says it is only included in the contract as reference. I am not saying I think the pension is going anywhere just that it is no safer under the contract.

I am not so sure Accel.

According to that second paragraph it says it is only included in the contract as reference. I am not saying I think the pension is going anywhere just that it is no safer under the contract.

Okay to be fair on this issue and a little ignorance on my behalf, is this all of section 7 ?, I have the feeling it is not.I have not had the time to make this contract we are referring too a priority based on the news from the hall stating it will change.

Considering this is now national, and a host of other rumors and forethoughts, this is ambiguous and vague at best.

With that being said ,and looking at section 7 here, I get the impression the contract was negotiated, but the terms and conditions are the sole resposibility of the manager, being UPS. So the referance this plan speaks of, is no conditions have been presented by the union, a benefit will exist, with the oversight of the Teamsters, nothing will change upon the ratification of this contract, the longevity of the contract is 5 years, that being said I feel it will be around for the next 5 years.

The teamsters speak in referance to this based on the fact thier sole position is oversight and oversight only.

The 401 is a good example of this, it is overseen by the Teamsters, and the manager is still CITISTREET, with the option of a new 401 by the Teamsters.

This is the way I am seeing it, or it is the way this has unfolded thus far.