FedEx Freight | UNION: Organize, or not?

I don't work for UPS...maybe it is that place?? I haven't really experienced it but I have heard of union guys not liking non union guys enough to say pull 5th wheel at a truck stop. I am sure it goes other way too..I just hate that I think I am better than you crap mentality.

I don't stop at truckstops. I do check my fifth wheels whenever I get back in the truck.
Even (especially) in our yards. Some of the union drivers are quite sociable out on the road, some are not.
Not a big deal to me if somebody looks down their nose.

I don't stop at truckstops. I do check my fifth wheels whenever I get back in the truck.
Even (especially) in our yards. Some of the union drivers are quite sociable out on the road, some are not.
Not a big deal to me if somebody looks down their nose.

Exactly. Whenever the truck leaves my sight I do a walk around and check the fifth wheel, regardless of where I am.

I don't work for UPS...maybe it is that place?? I haven't really experienced it but I have heard of union guys not liking non union guys enough to say pull 5th wheel at a truck stop. I am sure it goes other way too..I just hate that I think I am better than you crap mentality.
why dose it have to be a union guy pulling your fifth wheel at a truck stop. so your saying that's the only people who will do that. Id be more worried about some disgruntled ex fed x driver who wants to get even with the company for being disqualified , fired ,or a victim from the merger a few years ago.

I find it ironic that Overnite spent millions of dollars trying to keep the Teamsters out, only to be bought out by UPS. When Roadway bought Viking they didn't need the Teamsters. They managed to lose enough money with bad management decisions to almost put Viking and Central out of business. TP

I find it ironic that Overnite spent millions of dollars trying to keep the Teamsters out, only to be bought out by UPS. When Roadway bought Viking they didn't need the Teamsters. They managed to lose enough money with bad management decisions to almost put Viking and Central out of business. TP

It was actually Union Pacific Rail Road who owned Overnite that spent all that money trying to keep the union out of Overnite. UPS purchased Overnite when they spun off from Union pacific. Talk about ironic, Union Pacific was union and the majority of Overnite was not.

[The best thing I can offer is go to a meeting.Support your fellow drivers and try to force positive change on a system that is definitely broken.We have always looked to management for leadership and guidance and can no longer accept their decisions for our futures.They are motivated by greed and stock prices.As far as the drivers that are against organizing go ,I am glad they weren't around during the time of the revolution ,we would all be carrying British flags

. I was spit at when I returned to American soil and now 45 years later you're doing it again because I want vote the way you want me to. Sir I am and always will be a patriotic American. That comment was uncalled for, (I am glad they weren't around during the time of the revolution ,we would all be carrying British flags) Stick to the issue of union vs. no union. What branch of the military were you in?

No one is spitting on you. This is America and you are entitled to your opinion just as we are ours. Pleases respect that at this time in our life we believe we need someone to standup for us. Let's stop the back stabbing and name calling and stand together as brothers and sisters. We respect your opinion please respect ours. Thank you for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's 30 years late. Don't say it just because it's the PC thing to do

I'm not a person that says it because it's the PC thing to do. I say what I mean and don't care if anyone else likes it or not. I was in the same place as him. It's never to late to say thank you. Maybe you should tell him thank you too you might feel better about yourself.

Please show me in my post where I was name calling or backstabbing . You need to reread both post before you take sides. He's the one that said if we don't vote the way he wants we're cowards. I assume that's not name calling when it is on the behalf of a yes voter , or maybe you just didn't comprehend the last part of his post. Your attacks on someone's post will never get them to change their vote. To be honest after RC's post to me I had started to consider changing my position. Now to think I would be paying into a pension for others to receive with your type of mentality I think not. Sorry RC to bad some on here don't have a little more tact. By the way fedupdal I don't have any brothers or sisters that work here.

Look my grandpa always said if you have a complaint also come with a solution. I'm don't care what side of the fence your on. FedEx management and policies are the problem! Look I'm open to all suggestions. Feel free to throw some up and maybe they will stick. Just please stop bashing each other. THATS WHAT FEDEX WANTS!! They want us divided! Look I told some of my coworkers that 50 of us should call in sick but no one wants to do that. So other option is union.

Please show me in my post where I was name calling or backstabbing . You need to reread both post before you take sides. He's the one that said if we don't vote the way he wants we're cowards. I assume that's not name calling when it is on the behalf of a yes voter , or maybe you just didn't comprehend the last part of his post. Your attacks on someone's post will never get them to change their vote. To be honest after RC's post to me I had started to consider changing my position. Now to think I would be paying into a pension for others to receive with your type of mentality I think not. Sorry RC to bad some on here don't have a little more tact. By the way fedupdal I don't have any brothers or sisters that work here.
I guess you don't!! Well good luck in the life you choose, this is America and you can think and believe anything you want. I respect your opinion and all I ask is you do the same for me and my brothers and sisters.

I think it would be great if all freight companies would go union.Do it all at the same time.The non union laborer would get most of what he or she would ask for.But hey that's my utopian mind and world again.I wouldn't say all things would get better over night.At least all would be on better ground labor to corporation wise.

[QUOTE=bigtruk_us;

Quite a risk to leave for another freight company represented by the Teamsters.All these companies have to do is just whimper that they are out of money and bam.out comes the MOU's and the ballot box.the trusty crusty ballot box

Now I'm really not sure where you stand...

I can understand your position. I felt the same when I was on the anti side, and the tone used by some did strengthen my commitment against the union. A lot.

I understand too that most here who really oppose the concept of union today are road drivers who don't have to work the dock and therefore have very little actual contact with management, so they don't see the problems first hand like some of us do. I can understand that. Nothing personal, just a quite different perspective.

Try to keep an open mind (and an eye on the ball) and you'll make your own mind up.