FedEx Freight | UNION: Organize, or not?

bigtruk_us; Quite a risk to leave for another freight company represented by the Teamsters.All these companies have to do is just whimper that they are out of money and bam.out comes the MOU's and the ballot box.the trusty crusty ballot box Now I'm really not sure where you stand...[/QUOTE said:
I might have posted my reply in the wrong discussion..pardon me

Don't be surprised if the company starts giving employees stuff and say it was because of good year! It couldn't have anything to do with union talk!! All I'm saying for now.

Pull an Overnite...then if the union craze would fade away, they'd institute twice as many ridiculous policies and nit-pick even worse than before.

I'll believe this tough Union talk when I see credible threats. Right now all I see are a bunch of guys just whistling Dixie.

I'll believe this tough Union talk when I see credible threats. Right now all I see are a bunch of guys just whistling Dixie.

I am union. I check my pins and seals every time I return to the set. That includes when I'm in one of our yards. I'm not making any threats as I'd never pull someone's pin. I've seen too many IMO mentally unstable drivers, on both sides of the aisle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am union. I check my pins and seals every time I return to the set. That includes when I'm in one of our yards. I'm not making any threats as I'd never pull someone's pin. I've seen too many IMO mentally unstable drivers, on both sides of the aisle.

I believe most Union guys are good guys who would be happy to have us. We need them, and they need us. An ABF driver I spoke to today was thrilled with the idea of us joining. These guys talking all this junk about pulling pins etc. and using it as an excuse for not joining is nonsense.

well first off I will start by saying that I have worked for a union company before and it was ok. I will say that many believe that organizing will be the answer to all problems that we face with everyday situations on the job and it will not. with that being said I would sign a card immediately for the sole purpose of having some type of representation in those situations that occur like the constant rule changes. I for one think that the new scorecard system is setup for failure it would seem. new system you would think everyone would start off with a clean slate but that's not the case. some started with points from incidents years ago and were disqualified when this system was implemented really makes you wonder if they are trying to downsize. but lets all see where all this union talk is going. we need something to level the playing field...

I believe most Union guys are good guys who would be happy to have us. We need them, and they need us. An ABF driver I spoke to today was thrilled with the idea of us joining. These guys talking all this junk about pulling pins etc. and using it as an excuse for not joining is nonsense.

I'd love to have all of you become Teamsters. United we all stand a better chance then we do on our own. None of this is gonna be easy, but a better future for ourselves and our families is worth some sacrifice and struggles.

Please show me in my post where I was name calling or backstabbing . You need to reread both post before you take sides. He's the one that said if we don't vote the way he wants we're cowards. I assume that's not name calling when it is on the behalf of a yes voter , or maybe you just didn't comprehend the last part of his post. Your attacks on someone's post will never get them to change their vote. To be honest after RC's post to me I had started to consider changing my position. Now to think I would be paying into a pension for others to receive with your type of mentality I think not. Sorry RC to bad some on here don't have a little more tact. By the way fedupdal I don't have any brothers or sisters that work here.

Redgoat, if you were to go union this does not mean that you would be paying into a pension for others to receive. (your words) Our pension at UPSF is completely paid for by UPS. This is a company paid pension that is negotiated and protected through a union contract.

Redgoat, if you were to go union this does not mean that you would be paying into a pension for others to receive. (your words) Our pension at UPSF is completely paid for by UPS. This is a company paid pension that is negotiated and protected through a union contract.

The UPSF pension is only for UPSF employees. It has zero to do with Central States.

With the stock market booming the way it is today and in the past few years.The CSPF shouldn't have to keep YRC held for the defiency in payments.The fund is doing quite well

I've been reading these threads off and on for years mainly for entertainment. This thread is a serious matter. I see the good in both sides of this thread. The million dollar question is will the union force management to behave? Do we need to be represented to be heard? I tend to believe with the proper channels.....we can be heard. This a job that I cared about until the takeover/ buy out. The 6 business principles.....where did they go? These are new times. Deep inside, I'm very concerned, scared and wondering what the future holds for me and my family here at this job. I looked on the other side of the fence and it is no better and in many cases worse like so many other drivers have said that I talked to. We need to be heard... and what will it take to make this happen? We can rattle our brains here on this board to try and figure out what Freights next move may be. The new scorecard for safety is a BIG one!! I have no points.... not bragging... just saying. But, it pisses me off to see drivers yanked from behind the wheel. Friends to boot. Now, we have to work work together to be heard. We need to set a date and stand up for our beliefs and what little rights we have left here at this JOB! I can do my job, collect a check and be a good little boy like the majority.....but is this the time to stand up and do something? What will it be like next year? And the following year.....will we still be safe, secure and the most part be happy or content....mostly likely not with all the pushing from management in the past years. Is the Union the answer? I don't know. Do my coworkers know the answer? Can we be heard.....I believe we can. I hear this saying all the time from Billy big rigger on sesame street....with out trucks, America stops. With out us, the company stops.....think they will hear us then? We are the resistance. Lets utilize this information highway tool at our fingertips and spread the word to get the train rolling. Maybe I'm just dreaming about this whole thing. But, that Martin Luther King guy had a vision as well. FXF in Canada...they are all owner operators, line haul and P& D.....hmm just saying. Maybe a Union is the answer....maybe not. If we choose Union,,,,it will get ugly before it gets better. If we stand up in front of the gates and not let the wheels turn...just to be heard.....it will get ugly before it gets better with out the union. We need a voice from all yards to get this choo choo rolling and fast. The constitution and bill of rights were formed by our founding fathers to keep big brother in check.....but big brother is out to squash us and our rights....but that is a thread for a different page. If the Union is easier to be heard.....so be it. We are the resistance.:grouphug: