FedEx Freight | UNION: Organize, or not?

Actually, I'm not assuming anything. I'm using the information provided to me by union members about how the union fails them everyday. You ASSume non union folks will join the union to fund your pension, because the union has failed you for the last 34 years. If your union was worth belonging to, you wouldn't need to recruit members, as folks would be flocking to your doors begging to join. Even RC quit the union and hasn't rejoined. He works at a non-union and won't quit and re-join the union, because he evidently doesn't believe in it. If he did, he'd be long gone...Grow up dude...you are truly Yrc's atm...and you will continue to be...congrats....I'm no one's atm.

ST

Actually it was fedex drivers that went to the union not the other way around. So I guess fedex drivers are recruiting the union. And I have said in other threads that an organized FedEx should have its own pension. As far as me personally, the union hasnt failed me as you say. Its done me and my family good for several generations. Do I like my current contract? No. I didnt vote for this but I understand that being in a union I must accept what the majority has decided. Just like you must accept what Fred has decided for you. Can I leave? Sure. I'm still better off with concessions than being non union. A contract will always trump being an at-will employee. Yeah you are nobody's atm but you are Fred's redshirts' b!#ch

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forum Runner

E
So somehow YRC is different than the union? If that's how it is at YRC, then it's safe to believe that's how it would be at FedEx Freight if we went union. Do I need to start cutting and pasting from ABF and UPSF threads??? Really? Just admit the union has failed to deal with de-regulation. They've failed their members for 34 years, and now they promise FedEx drivers anything and everything, with no guarantee in writing. Put it in writing, since you folks claim a contract is so valuable. If you don't deliver, I can sue you personally and take your house away from you. Put all your assets where your mouth is.

BS is what the union is selling, and the membership keeps paying for it!

ST

You should change your user to silent red shirt! At our union meeting the man told us the union is no excuse to be lazy or not do your job. He also said if your here thinking I can get you more money or free benefits. He said that all has to be negotiated. He said what I can guarantee you is a safety net from fire happy management and representation that's really there for your interest not FEDEX's!

How we work and do our job is up to us! If we use the union to try and be lazy and not do our job then FedEx will start to fail like YRC!

We all know how to do our job and make FEDEX profitable. We just need representation against the crazy policies that are coming one after another for the last couple of yrs!

ST I respect your opinion, but the union will be what we make it not what it is at YRC or ABF or Holland.

Actually, I'm not assuming anything. I'm using the information provided to me by union members about how the union fails them everyday. You ASSume non union folks will join the union to fund your pension, because the union has failed you for the last 34 years. If your union was worth belonging to, you wouldn't need to recruit members, as folks would be flocking to your doors begging to join. Even RC quit the union and hasn't rejoined. He works at a non-union and won't quit and re-join the union, because he evidently doesn't believe in it. If he did, he'd be long gone...Grow up dude...you are truly Yrc's atm...and you will continue to be...congrats....I'm no one's atm.

ST[/Qi too believe everything on the inter net, especially from a guy with a cb handle as his name.

Oh no drivers won't use the union to be lazy no way. Um by the way, I'll leave it up to mommy and daddy to tell you drivers the truth about santa clause and the easter bunny. It's scary stuff, almost as scary that people still believe that union garbage.

Oh no drivers won't use the union to be lazy no way. Um by the way, I'll leave it up to mommy and daddy to tell you drivers the truth about santa clause and the easter bunny. It's scary stuff, almost as scary that people still believe that union garbage.

Then FedEx will start to fail! I don't want it for that! I need a safety net! Nothing more nothing less!

Whats up with all the red in your reputation everyone else is green, it must mean your very popular with your posts....

I see some YRC and ABF guys everyday parked in some secluded spot reading the paper or taking a nap just about everyday. And don't tell me there taking there lunch at 9:30 AM. Hell a YRC driver toady was backed to a dock Reading the paper. He got pissed when I made him move.

I see some YRC and ABF guys everyday parked in some secluded spot reading the paper or taking a nap just about everyday. And don't tell me there taking there lunch at 9:30 AM. Hell a YRC driver toady was backed to a dock Reading the paper. He got pissed when I made him move.
My lunch is at 8:15am. How do you know what time they started?

I see people drinking a beer @ 6am all the time does that mean they are drunks or could it be the work nights and that's their 5 o'clock somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Toady doesn't like you. By the way, is that his nickname or birth name?

E

You should change your user to silent red shirt! At our union meeting the man told us the union is no excuse to be lazy or not do your job. He also said if your here thinking I can get you more money or free benefits. He said that all has to be negotiated. He said what I can guarantee you is a safety net from fire happy management and representation that's really there for your interest not FEDEX's!

How we work and do our job is up to us! If we use the union to try and be lazy and not do our job then FedEx will start to fail like YRC!

We all know how to do our job and make FEDEX profitable. We just need representation against the crazy policies that are coming one after another for the last couple of yrs!

ST I respect your opinion, but the union will be what we make it not what it is at YRC or ABF or Holland.
I must interject on a little bit of conjecture.The labor here at YRC is not lazy.We all work hard and for the most part do the job as required.The Teamsters here at YRC did not ask for a merger.Because of the Economy and some bad decisions on the part of the last President and CEO.Placed two big major freight companies in jeopardy financially.

Before the merge, yellow and roadway were the two biggest LTL OUTFITS IN the nation. If being lazy can get you to the top. We would not have so many americans in poverty

E

The labor here at YRC did not become lazy and cause this company failure.

The labor here at YRC did not become lazy and cause this company failure.

There is at least a few of us that respect the work ethic of the YRC companies and their employees.
There are also more than a few of us with one or possibly two notable exceptions that are aware that the IBT did not hold a gun to anyone's head and force Yellow Freight to leverage themselves to the tune of one billion dollars not once but twice, all in the name of market share.