FedEx Freight | UNION: Organize, or not?

Bigtime capitalists like stability.
When ya go for a car or home loan the banker wants something signed for stability and legality. A binding deal.
THose are big money business deals and so too is employment.
THats why ya go to the union.
THey get a lawyer and experts and so too do you.
ANd ya get a legal binding contract on the biggest capitalist ventuer in your life. YOur job. MOre stability.

IF more people had these we'd have less need for welfare and govt assistance, imo.
Obamacare nevr would have existed...Because employers would have provided decent healthcare.

I'm not the one saying that is what the union brings to the table.
My experience with the Teamsters was positive.
Pension, rules that don't change, grievance machinery for when management steps outside the rules, someone to stand up for you when necessary.
These are the things the IBT brought to my table.

I'm not the one saying that is what the union brings to the table.
My experience with the Teamsters was positive.
Pension, rules that don't change, grievance machinery for when management steps outside the rules, someone to stand up for you when necessary.
These are the things the IBT brought to my table.

I wouldn't argue with you about your experience, but one has to only spend a few minutes on the YRC, ABF or UPS boards to see that your experience doesn't appear to be the norm.

As Its Sits Now, Our Management Changes Rules On Us All The Time. Thats Because We DON'T Have True Rules. Everything Is Up Interpretation. So That Means WE Cant Win Ankything. I Don't Know about The Rest Of You But This Is Getting Out Of Hand. One Day Its One Thing Then The Next Time To Change The Policy So It Fits Today's Agenda. HR Doesn't Really Have Our Backs They Stick With The Red Shirts. I DO Like What I Do For A Living. This USED To Be A Place That Management Cared About Its People, Not Anymore. Something NEEDS To Change Soon.

Myself and some of my colleagues believe that unless things change, goin' postal will be replaced by goin' FedEx.
I don't condone that, but things need to change before we end up in the news.

As Its Sits Now, Our Management Changes Rules On Us All The Time. Thats Because We DON'T Have True Rules. Everything Is Up Interpretation. So That Means WE Cant Win Ankything. I Don't Know about The Rest Of You But This Is Getting Out Of Hand. One Day Its One Thing Then The Next Time To Change The Policy So It Fits Today's Agenda. HR Doesn't Really Have Our Backs They Stick With The Red Shirts. I DO Like What I Do For A Living. This USED To Be A Place That Management Cared About Its People, Not Anymore. Something NEEDS To Change Soon.

I'm curious, why do you capitalize every word? No offense, I've just wondered for a while.

Guardrail

Bigtime capitalists like stability.
When ya go for a car or home loan the banker wants something signed for stability and legality. A binding deal.
THose are big money business deals and so too is employment.
THats why ya go to the union.
THey get a lawyer and experts and so too do you.
ANd ya get a legal binding contract on the biggest capitalist ventuer in your life. YOur job. MOre stability.

IF more people had these we'd have less need for welfare and govt assistance, imo.
Obamacare nevr would have existed...Because employers would have provided decent healthcare.

That is some funny stuff you present here! Capitalists like stability... Are you sure? I thought they were all Evil people who feed off the labor of their uneducated slave laborers. That has nothing to do with Capitalism at all! But the AFL-CIO, and the TEAMSTERS disprove now don't they. Sheep!

President Obama's regime have Nationalized the nations banks (DODD-FRANK), thanks to the Union 's support. So, if a Union member is denied a loan who shall he blame??? Capitalism or the Tyranny that they each helped to create 2008, 2012.?

Lawyers are next! The Affordable Care Act (OBAMACARE) was created for the attorney by attornies. Ya know the sleazy, trip and fall type of lawyer. It is a (TOOL of ENSLAVEMENT) control people at the basic level of health. I mean since Healthcare is now a Right granted by Lord Obama-not our Constitution can you explain how a visit to the DR. does not involve an attorney??? Obama just grants rights to those who are NOT Union members? Interesting that Union members were given a waiver on OBAMACARE until 2018. Isn't it? God Given Rights or more Class Rights? Who do you bend your knee to?... The U.S. government or God?

My job is important, but it is not the most important contract in my life! Maybe to you but not to me!

I can say without a shred of doubt that... You are a SLAVE, or maybe a better term would be a "Useful Idiot", You have been used. Your and my freedom is OVER,because of this mess that UNION members were exempted from. So cram your UNION dribble straight up your Waiver Canal because YOU have zero credibility as an AMERICAN . Thank You for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is some funny stuff you present here! Capitalists like stability... Are you sure? I thought they were all Evil people who feed off the labor of their uneducated slave laborers. That has nothing to do with Capitalism at all! But the AFL-CIO, and the TEAMSTERS disprove now don't they. Sheep!

President Obama's regime have Nationalized the nations banks (DODD-FRANK), thanks to the Union 's support. So, if a Union member is denied a loan who shall he blame??? Capitalism or the Tyranny that they each helped to create 2008, 2012.?

Lawyers are next! The Affordable Care Act (OBAMACARE) was created for the attorney by attornies. Ya know the sleazy, trip and fall type of lawyer. It is a (TOOL of ENSLAVEMENT) control people at the basic level of health. I mean since Healthcare is now a Right granted by Lord Obama-not our Constitution can you explain how a visit to the DR. does not involve an attorney??? Obama just grants rights to those who are NOT Union members? Interesting that Union members were given a waiver on OBAMACARE until 2018. Isn't it? God Given Rights or more Class Rights? Who do you bend your knee to?... The U.S. government or God?

My job is important, but it is not the most important contract in my life! Maybe to you but not to me!

I can say without a shred of doubt that... You are a SLAVE, or maybe a better term would be a "Useful Idiot", You have been used. Your and my freedom is OVER,because of this mess that UNION members were exempted from. So cram your UNION dribble straight up your Waiver Canal because YOU have zero credibility as an AMERICAN . Thank You for your time.

So you're a no vote? I really can't tell by all of your political ramblings. I must have gotten lost trying to find the organizing thread in the FedEx forum. I somehow found myself in the Conservative/Liberal debate forum. Thank you for your generic generalizations. I'm sure they're very helpful with this debate. And thank you for revealing yourself as the judge and jury of credibility as it pertains to being "American". SMDH.

I bend my knee to God also.
The Lord will provide. But He will provide alot better with a union.

I'm gonna try hard not to talk politics in here but its very hard to avoid. Because the unions and politics go hand in hand. THe unions make up a whole lot of the money in DC and its hard to avoid although itns easy for the corporate run media on the left and right to shove under the table and twist us to be evil. I see you must've come into contact with some of that.

OBamacare exists because the business side has the scales tipped all the way in their favor. ANd have for years.
Do ya think any media will talk good about us? The networks,stations and commerical sponsors are all anti-nion because they are corporations. Same with newspapers magazines and radio.
My Church isnt supposed to be anti-union and neither are most.

The union is like anything else. IF ya dont like stuff "they" do ya have to put in effort to change it. Wallflowers don't get the dance. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Ya gotta squeak to get something done.

There's corruption anywhere there are people but throwing the baby out with the bathwater is not very productive. Letting the union numbers get as low as they are has created alot of the political problems we have today. And letting them get any lower is dangerous,imo. Business has too much power. Wall street has too much power and Wall street is not a purelly American interest. It is a trojan horse for foreign interests,IMO.
And we are the national defense of our interests eceonomically because union members are "we the people" who actually live here......shareholders and corporations don't necessarilly have to.

If ya want to argue politics ya can find me on threds over there in the DC forums.

I wouldn't argue with you about your experience, but one has to only spend a few minutes on the YRC, ABF or UPS boards to see that your experience doesn't appear to be the norm.

What you see on those other company boards is the last of a good thing. Deregualtion and the corporate backed attacks on the unions is what you see. YOur trade with it's back to the wall and getting way to close to the end. Help is defintelly needed. It ain't gonna get better if we get any weaker in numbers, for anybody. The Mexican truck pilot program is up and running and those drivers are the imports wall street designed to take our wages even lower and make conditions even worse and contracts even weaker. They are the foreign cars brought in to destroy the auto and steelworkers trades. We are next if we dont stick together.

What you see on them boards is the last 2 company's of the NMFA. And backs are to the wall. One wrong move and it's over. They are not just fighting for themselves. They are fighting for the whole LTL business, wages and bennies and working conditions.
Too many years of going backwards. TOo many years of starting over and over again on the bottom as one company and another and another folded.....and they follow their pensions as they get older constantlly starting on the bottom...It's not right. IT's a sad nation,imo, who stood by and watched..
That NMFA contract is what made this job decent. And if YRC or ABF fold it ain't gonna come back too easilly, for those who want it gone will make sure it can't. And that is the standards for YOUR trade. Nobody in the business should stand by and watch. It is time to do something to save the trade and the best thing would be to organize.....If things are rough while the NMFA still exists, it ain't gonna get better if YRC or ABF fold....The trade will be ruined for a long long time....Time is running out.

"FedEx pays OT after 8 and after 40. We pay a lot of the Union benefits to keep the Union out." This was said in my interview at FXF. That being said, if there were no Union, there wouldn't be some of the companies matching some of their benefits. The Union companies are the standard of the industry. The Union has made it better for all in one way or another in this industry. The Union has benefited all whether for it or not.