XPO | Union Rep in parking lot

Our regional manager stopped the use of CC days ( apparently it's the regional manager's discretion ) It's not a popular decision for a lot of reasons - it helped keep the senior drivers fresh , it allowed junior drivers to run , and it kept morale up.

Why burn out the senior drivers and starve out the junior ones? And , then make drivers burn up vacation time when CC days seem to be a win-win for everyone? Why?

It's not the Con - way to have happy drivers.

If things don't pick up after XPO takes over, there are gong to be layoffs.

It's not the Con - way to have happy drivers.

If things don't pick up after XPO takes over, there are gong to be layoffs.

If things don't pick up after a while with XPO, I hope there are layoffs. I'd want to be the first to go. Get my unemployment and find a better damn job. Hell, maybe I could get some kind of unemployment benefits to get me back to school or something. I'm tired of not having any god dang freight and the freight we do have being ****ing destroyed like the whole trailers been turned upside down.

If you have read any of my comments before you would know that I went to DC with some other retirees to support the drivers in the CSPF. So yes I would call that brotherhood.
just in case you don't get it the majority of people don,t care about the crap you speak about your job problem its not going to get better anytime soon. your caught up in it and we are not so go preach some where else please.

just in case you don't get it the majority of people don,t care about the crap you speak about your job problem its not going to get better anytime soon. your caught up in it and we are not so go preach some where else please.
Your problems may be the same you just don't know it yet.

And who is stupid enough to drive a company truck and have to pay for fuel, tires and plates? They deserve it.

Why do you say they deserve it,sounds condescending to me.
It doesn't mean they are stupid
These people need all the support they can get to fight against the giant XPO,you Conway guys may find this out,I hope not but if their lips are moving,well you know.

So if someone works for minimum wage they deserve it too,just trying to make a living like anyone else.

I wonder if it was that way before XPO bought them or did XPO make the change.

Does anyone know the truth.

I hear XPO has already cut the office girls pay at the former Conway to be effective at the first pay period.

So much for no changes for a year.

I used to always wonder why anyone would work more than 40 hours for straight time,but everyone has their reasons why they do it,doesn't make them less of a person because of it.

These people need all the support they can get to fight against the giant XPO,you Conway guys may find this out,I hope not but if their lips are moving,well you know.

So if someone works for minimum wage they deserve it too,just trying to make a living like anyone else.

I hear XPO has already cut the office girls pay at the former Conway to be effective at the first pay period.

I used to always wonder why anyone would work more than 40 hours for straight time,but everyone has their reasons why they do it,doesn't make them less of a person because of it.
how is putting up with a zero cheque, or owning the company money on a truck you don't own a good thing? Why would you keep doing it with the shortage of truckers nation wide? Condescending, no. But if your willing to stay and put up with it, not willing to go out, hunt it down and hit it over the head to bring back to your family with as many jobs that are out there, then it's hard to have sympathy.

how is putting up with a zero cheque, or owning the company money on a truck you don't own a good thing? Why would you keep doing it with the shortage of truckers nation wide? Condescending, no. But if your willing to stay and put up with it, not willing to go out, hunt it down and hit it over the head to bring back to your family with as many jobs that are out there, then it's hard to have sympathy.
Is that a Teamster symbol on their vests? If it is - IF it is , I am sure they'll get the proper help , guidence , job counseling , and strike fund money to weather any storm. And if that job doesn't work out I'm sure there's money to retrain them in a more marketable skill.

I'm pretty sure driving a company truck paying for fuel tires and plates, taking nothing home,would more than qualify as stupid. Sorry

Is that a Teamster symbol on their vests? If it is - IF it is , I am sure they'll get the proper help , guidence , job counseling , and strike fund money to weather any storm. And if that job doesn't work out I'm sure there's money to retrain them in a more marketable skill.

Your posts would be much more respected if you would give credit when credit is due.

If a teamster bought you a steak and lobster dinner you would complain that the lobster meat wasn't stripped from the tail.

Your posts would be much more respected if you would give credit when credit is due.

If a teamster bought you a steak and lobster dinner you would complain that the lobster meat wasn't stripped from the tail.

Because think about it, dude. Without the teamsters you would have never been born, man ! Like, for real. You owe your whole world to the teamsters. Get your head out of your arse. How can you be so clueless ? The teamsters are the best thing to happen to mankind since air. ( extreme sarcasm laced with resentment and a touch of hatred )

Please take your pulpit somewhere else.

TE , were these guys Teamsters? In all honesty , I admit I don't understand , yet this situation looks ridiculous on its surface.

There have been posts saying that the Teamsters are busy recruiting fruit pickers , and maybe these port workers. Does this benefit the freight haulers or the upper echelon of the Teamsters? What's the strategy?

And we've come full circle to the union guy in the parking lot. Most are aware of the issues facing YRCW , the CSPF and other pension funds , and other issues. What is the top union leadership doing? I mean no disrespect to the driver doing what I do everyday , but most of us don't have time to look over the trucking company's shoulder to make sure Con-way , or YRC , or OD , or whoever is doing the right thing and NOW you have to watch the union when you thought you could trust them?

What are the people that run the union doing? Make them answer for the nonsense and there wouldn't be as much of an issue recruiting new members. Even when resentment was high at FedEx and Con-way the response from the union was very timid. You may have missed the window of opportunity.....now , whatever gets posted by those who predict doom and gloom for XPO seems more like a wish.

TE , were these guys Teamsters? In all honesty , I admit I don't understand , yet this situation looks ridiculous on its surface.

There have been posts saying that the Teamsters are busy recruiting fruit pickers , and maybe these port workers. Does this benefit the freight haulers or the upper echelon of the Teamsters? What's the strategy?

And we've come full circle to the union guy in the parking lot. Most are aware of the issues facing YRCW , the CSPF and other pension funds , and other issues. What is the top union leadership doing? I mean no disrespect to the driver doing what I do everyday , but most of us don't have time to look over the trucking company's shoulder to make sure Con-way , or YRC , or OD , or whoever is doing the right thing and NOW you have to watch the union when you thought you could trust them?

What are the people that run the union doing? Make them answer for the nonsense and there wouldn't be as much of an issue recruiting new members. Even when resentment was high at FedEx and Con-way the response from the union was very timid. You may have missed the window of opportunity.....now , whatever gets posted by those who predict doom and gloom for XPO seems more like a wish.

This Jacobs guy ain't no Zollars. Believe it.

This Jacobs guy ain't no Zollars. Believe it.
Bradley Jacobs is a smart man with a good sense for merging companies and making money. He is also the largest shareholder of our company. The other night I passed a low boy hauling some sort of bull dozer. Name on the truck was United Rentals and I thought to myself, are president made that happen.

Because think about it, dude. Without the teamsters you would have never been born, man ! Like, for real. You owe your whole world to the teamsters. Get your head out of your arse. How can you be so clueless ? The teamsters are the best thing to happen to mankind since air. ( extreme sarcasm laced with resentment and a touch of hatred )

Your anger towards me is misguided.
I'm not the one who is serving up validity to the teamsters in the ports of long beach, ca.

Maybe your anger should be aimed at this "Jacobs guy".

Your anger towards me is misguided.
I'm not the one who is serving up validity to the teamsters in the ports of long beach, ca.

Maybe your anger should be aimed at this "Jacobs guy".

Why would I be angry at Jacobs ? For what ?

And I'm not angry at you for being a teamster. I am angry at you for thinking I should be a teamster.

Why would I be angry at Jacobs ? For what ?

And I'm not angry at you for being a teamster. I am angry at you for thinking I should be a teamster.

Because he is the leader of a corporation that allegedly exploits cheep labor and skirts labor laws.
And in regards to your anger issues, I'm not going to lose any slumber if you are not a teamster. So rest your neck.