XPO | Union Rep in parking lot

What about if after the purchase he closes the terminal to use it for something else in his portfolio and moves the LTL to another site ?

You can't blame the teamsters from trying.....either Conway of FedEx could save their pension. They are paying out for 3.5 retired guys for every guy that is paying in, the numbers just don't add up. I am just impressed that they are trying at all. Biggest mistake they ever made was letting UPS buy their way out of the pension......dumb dumb dumb.

They follow their work .

The " pro " crowd is feeling strong. I have plenty of union experience. But I don't have any experience with working for a company being bought.

Lots of people running their mouth. About everything. Most will stick it out through the winter. Just doesn't make any sense to jump ship off-season. Unless you intend to sit for the winter. Spring comes around and there will probably be a fairly large defection. Most people realize what this guy is. If things go bad he will shut down or sell off what isn't working. If things go according to his plan the reward, for us, is being sold off again in five years for him to receive his massive pay-out.

I'm not sure how this whole mess is gonna turn out. But I am starting to loose my optimism.

You can't blame the teamsters from trying.....either Conway of FedEx could save their pension. They are paying out for 3.5 retired guys for every guy that is paying in, the numbers just don't add up. I am just impressed that they are trying at all. Biggest mistake they ever made was letting UPS buy their way out of the pension......dumb dumb dumb.
$6 Billion is more than twice what is being offered for the purchase of Con-way. Double the value of a decent size company - poof!!! Gone...

Until the union cleans up it's problems in leadership and provides transparency of the finances , why would any recruitment efforts work?

We don't get our 3% match if we contribute 6% , but we still get contributions quarterly to our 401k based upon our length of time with Con-way , and other variables.

The " pro " crowd is feeling strong. I have plenty of union experience. But I don't have any experience with working for a company being bought.

Lots of people running their mouth. About everything. Most will stick it out through the winter. Just doesn't make any sense to jump ship off-season. Unless you intend to sit for the winter. Spring comes around and there will probably be a fairly large defection. Most people realize what this guy is. If things go bad he will shut down or sell off what isn't working. If things go according to his plan the reward, for us, is being sold off again in five years for him to receive his massive pay-out.

I'm not sure how this whole mess is gonna turn out. But I am starting to loose my optimism.
Getting bought out is never good for labor.

$6 Billion is more than twice what is being offered for the purchase of Con-way. Double the value of a decent size company - poof!!! Gone...

Until the union cleans up it's problems in leadership and provides transparency of the finances , why would any recruitment efforts work?

We don't get our 3% match if we contribute 6% , but we still get contributions quarterly to our 401k based upon our length of time with Con-way , and other variables.

Is Conway not matching 6%? Most are matching .50 per dollar contributed up to 4%. Some are .50 per dollar at 6%. Weekly. If you aren't getting that then are you counting on social security? I'm of the opinion that Uncle Sam will get his hands on our 401k money eventually, but until it happens you need some retirement savings.

Is Conway not matching 6%? Most are matching .50 per dollar contributed up to 4%. Some are .50 per dollar at 6%. Weekly. If you aren't getting that then are you counting on social security? I'm of the opinion that Uncle Sam will get his hands on our 401k money eventually, but until it happens you need some retirement savings.
$1500 per month from a pension fund is better than $0

What about if after the purchase he closes the terminal to use it for something else in his portfolio and moves the LTL to another site ?
It could get dicey and ugly if he wants it to. He has to move pretty far to shed a union shop (100 or 150 miles). If they're closed labor charges should be filed and he would have to explain his reasons for doing so. He could win or lose, either way it takes time to go through the whole process. If he already has some union shops that would play in your favor because he knows that work can be done in a union shop. Right now drivers are a little harder to come by than they have been in the recent past and it wouldn't behoove him to lose too many drivers. He can't just keep a shop that voted for union representation and stay there and ditch the union. He can't reduce your wages or benefits either. But either way all you can do is hold on and see what happens. I know that times like this are tense but there is nothing you can do but wait and see what happens.

It could get dicey and ugly if he wants it to. He has to move pretty far to shed a union shop (100 or 150 miles). If they're closed labor charges should be filed and he would have to explain his reasons for doing so. He could win or lose, either way it takes time to go through the whole process. If he already has some union shops that would play in your favor because he knows that work can be done in a union shop. Right now drivers are a little harder to come by than they have been in the recent past and it wouldn't behoove him to lose too many drivers. He can't just keep a shop that voted for union representation and stay there and ditch the union. He can't reduce your wages or benefits either. But either way all you can do is hold on and see what happens. I know that times like this are tense but there is nothing you can do but wait and see what happens.

Yeah. We hear about how he is handling things in SoCal. But then he owns stuff in Europe and that is almost all union over there. So it could be whatever. Dunno.

Not so great for the ones who are already retired and counting on 3000. I have more control over what I will have and be able to count on when I retire. I have some friends who are in that CSPF mess and are retired. They are considering looking for part time work.
Illigal aliens can get government payments and we can't take care of these retirees. Unbelievable. What the hell is going on?

Bad news, from what I can gather most teamsters will get their pension cut from $3000 to $1500. Worse news Conway's current offered pension is being cut from $0 to well $0.
I'm in Western States and my pension nor anyone else is going to be cut.

Teamster members were out on the curb to the enterence of NRM (Richmond, va) Tuesday morning.......at first I thought it was a group of people on a smoke brake......one person started walking towards my truck with papers in hand.....once he realized I wasn't stopping he quite walkin! I caught a glimpse of a UPS jacket and then I knew who the crowd was.

Not so great for the ones who are already retired and counting on 3000. I have more control over what I will have and be able to count on when I retire. I have some friends who are in that CSPF mess and are retired. They are considering looking for part time work.
If you made truck driver wages your whole life, have been collecting 3000 a month plus social security plus anything your wife gets and you are cut down to 1500 plus social security and you have to think about a part time job.....then buddy you or your wife have a serious spending problem!