XPO | Union Rep in parking lot

He did. I was helping you comprehend

No I got it perfectly the first time. He got his, his fund is in great shape so screw the rest of y'all. I don't care how many of you went to DC, the union stole the pension money, doesn't represent you now and had left a majority of its members, some of which are currently retired, for dead. And you are paying for the experience (dues). If you want to talk shared sacrifice and brotherhood I think they should tie all the funds together. Hey, you're a brotherhood, why not? Then see if the whole thing sinks or swims.

No I got it perfectly the first time. He got his, his fund is in great shape so screw the rest of y'all. I don't care how many of you went to DC, the union stole the pension money, doesn't represent you now and had left a majority of its members, some of which are currently retired, for dead. And you are paying for the experience (dues). If you want to talk shared sacrifice and brotherhood I think they should tie all the funds together. Hey, you're a brotherhood, why not? Then see if the whole thing sinks or swims.
I wish it had all been one fund, UPS never would have been able to get out. It would still be in good shape IMO, the West and North still has a good numbers. Yes I have mine, what would you like me to do, give it back. I didn't have to go to DC but I did to support my Brothers and Sisters that are getting screwed, I would call that Brotherhood. I'm sure you don't have that at OD.

I wish it had all been one fund, UPS never would have been able to get out. It would still be in good shape IMO, the West and North still has a good numbers. Yes I have mine, what would you like me to do, give it back. I didn't have to go to DC but I did to support my Brothers and Sisters that are getting screwed, I would call that Brotherhood. I'm sure you don't have that at OD.

I think it should be consolidated now into one fund. Even with UPS out of the fund (and I agree they shouldn't have been allowed out either) it might survive with minimal effect to current retirees. Those and those close to retirement are the ones who are hurt most in this. Those still working can back up and punt, hopefully coming up with a suitable plan B.

No I don't want you to give yours back. You've earned what you've got. Question is, what does going to DC stamping your feet in a tantrum going to do? The money has been pissed away, stolen, you name it, it's gone. Even if the reform is voted down by the rank and file the Treasury Department can override the no vote. So what does your vote get you? And before you cast rocks at my glass house, let me tell you about "brotherhood". Brotherhood is sitting out on a schedule when freight is slow so extraboard can run... Our guys do that. Brotherhood is helping out a junior man with questions or problems. Brotherhood is coming together for a common goal so the company AND the employees succeed. Brotherhood is hooking a guy's jiff to his lead box when he's hooking so he doesn't have to get out of the tractor. Brotherhood is flashing your markers and waving passing on a 2-lane. Brotherhood is working efficienly and smartly so there's a company left for the next generation to work for, not dragging your feet because you got your pay cut, wasting company resources that are already poorly mismanagemed by the company. Brotherhood is allowing a guy (me) temporarily transfer to another terminal because his mom had surgery and he has to stay at his parent's house for 6 weeks taking care of business for his aging parents while his mother recuperates. I couldn't do that at a union line. I'd be running around the seniority board, and my "brothers" would be pissed because they weren't getting theirs. OD has an open door policy, that I have used to call out my boss when he screwed up. And he apologized with no retaliation. Yes, hard to believe. The big bad nonunion line did the right thing, not screwing a guy over because he dared open his mouth.

I watch the union lines, they don't even acknowledge each other when they pass. I've seen Union guys let the bottom man starve while the top runs every day because it's a hog board. I've sat in a driver's lounge at a union line, the hatred between management and the drivers is palpable. I laugh and joke with dispatch and my boss. Brotherhood sounds good when you are trying to convince someone to sign a card, but if brotherhood is how the Teamsters operates, I must have misread the definition in the dictionary.

I think it should be consolidated now into one fund. Even with UPS out of the fund (and I agree they shouldn't have been allowed out either) it might survive with minimal effect to current retirees. Those and those close to retirement are the ones who are hurt most in this. Those still working can back up and punt, hopefully coming up with a suitable plan B.

No I don't want you to give yours back. You've earned what you've got. Question is, what does going to DC stamping your feet in a tantrum going to do? The money has been pissed away, stolen, you name it, it's gone. Even if the reform is voted down by the rank and file the Treasury Department can override the no vote. So what does your vote get you? And before you cast rocks at my glass house, let me tell you about "brotherhood". Brotherhood is sitting out on a schedule when freight is slow so extraboard can run... Our guys do that. Brotherhood is helping out a junior man with questions or problems. Brotherhood is coming together for a common goal so the company AND the employees succeed. Brotherhood is hooking a guy's jiff to his lead box when he's hooking so he doesn't have to get out of the tractor. Brotherhood is flashing your markers and waving passing on a 2-lane. Brotherhood is working efficienly and smartly so there's a company left for the next generation to work for, not dragging your feet because you got your pay cut, wasting company resources that are already poorly mismanagemed by the company. Brotherhood is allowing a guy (me) temporarily transfer to another terminal because his mom had surgery and he has to stay at his parent's house for 6 weeks taking care of business for his aging parents while his mother recuperates. I couldn't do that at a union line. I'd be running around the seniority board, and my "brothers" would be pissed because they weren't getting theirs. OD has an open door policy, that I have used to call out my boss when he screwed up. And he apologized with no retaliation. Yes, hard to believe. The big bad nonunion line did the right thing, not screwing a guy over because he dared open his mouth.

I watch the union lines, they don't even acknowledge each other when they pass. I've seen Union guys let the bottom man starve while the top runs every day because it's a hog board. I've sat in a driver's lounge at a union line, the hatred between management and the drivers is palpable. I laugh and joke with dispatch and my boss. Brotherhood sounds good when you are trying to convince someone to sign a card, but if brotherhood is how the Teamsters operates, I must have misread the definition in the dictionary.

You had to go and wake Song up. Well, now, here you go. Whatcha gotta say to that ?

I predict that xpo will cut compensation and increase pressure on drivers to perform higher and other companies will do likewise.
And there any chance that you could give me the numbers to this week's power ball lottery. Thanks in advance.

Yes, that's a lot of supposition, but if I'm right wouldn't it be better to get union now rather than have everyone in all freight companies suffer through years of decreasing wages and poor working conditions?
The 80's just called, and they want their Union talking points back.

The Union no longer has the better package for drivers. The fact is that other than insurance, the union companies don't have a better product to sell.

I think it should be consolidated now into one fund.
If you want to see the true "Brotherhood" within the Union, just propose consolidating the pension funds together so that they all can survive and nobody get their pensions slashed.
Not a snowball's chance in hell, would they ever agree to protect their "Brother's" pensions by merging the funds.
Just sayin'.

He did. I was helping you comprehend
YRC-atm , you and several of the other union members that post on here seem internet savy.

As far as you know has anyone put out the idea to crowdfund (kickstarter , gofundme to name a few) an investigation and/or a lawsuit over bad investments/missing money?

If you guys sue , the discovery process would give you a chance to see the paper trail , hopefully.

Last edited:
YRC-atm , you and several of the other union members that post on here seem internet savy.

As far as you know has anyone put out the idea to crowdfund (kickstarter , gofundme to name a few) an investigation and/or a lawsuit over bad investments/missing money?

If you guys sue , the discovery process would give you a chance to see the paper trail , hopefully.
One man did give that a shot and he got an embarrassing amount of support, mission aborted.

One man did give that a shot and he got an embarrassing amount of support, mission aborted.
I'm guessing this is before the CSPF issues? Whenever this was it seems like the unions keep trying the same things and expect a different result - the definition of insanity.

There are several groups working to try to reverse the law. Havent heard of any type of go fund me investigation for CSPF as of yet but I think the initial sticker shock hasnt worn off yet. When it passes I think you will see that happen. We are also in an election year for the international so that may come up as the election nears.