XPO | Union Rep in parking lot

I'm guessing this is before the CSPF issues? Whenever this was it seems like the unions keep trying the same things and expect a different result - the definition of insanity.
Concurrent with them but a smaller fund in NY. I think it affects 4400 people and he couldn't get $10 off of each beneficiary.

if the union is to step in and help now is the time senior drivers now are thinking WTF. conway pension cut in half ins. going up wages staying the same? how bout it i believe the union has a good pitch for us how can they hurt us . we sit back and wait for this big party on the 2nd na bring us some of those blue cards and a couple of pens lets get down to business now is the time!!!!!:emoticon digging:

And how's that working out for you so far?
You know you asked a question and got a civil answer and you want to come back with a smartass remark, and you wonder why everybody is picking on you. The local 707 pension that ABFer mentioned had fewer retirees contribute to the forensic audit fund than outsiders, I contributed and have no dog in the fight. Kind of hard to help if the people that need the help won't help themselves , going to DC is a start, everything has a beginning. That is how it working out for us. Who is going to stick up for you when your 401 tanks or the politicians decide to tax it out of existence, or YOUR financial advisor makes off with your money. I know call RAT and him and Dave Ramsey will fix it for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know you asked a question and got a civil answer and you want to come back with a smartass remark, and you wonder why everybody is picking on you. The local 707 pension that ABFer mentioned had fewer retirees contribute to the forensic audit fund than outsiders, I contributed and have no dog in the fight. Kind of hard to help if the people that need the help won't help themselves , going to DC is a start, everything has a beginning. That is how it working out for us. Who is going to stick up for you when your 401 tanks or the politicians decide to tax it out of existence, or YOUR financial advisor makes off with your money. I know call RAT and him and Dave Ramsey will fix it for you.

A little touchy aren't we??

Last edited by a moderator:
You know smart ass you asked a question and got a civil answer and you want to come back with a smartass remark, and you wonder why everybody is picking on you. The local 707 pension that ABFer mentioned had fewer retirees contribute to the forensic audit fund than outsiders, I contributed and have no dog in the fight. Kind of hard to help if the people that need the help won't help themselves , going to DC is a start, everything has a beginning. That is how it working out for us. Who is going to stick up for you when your 401 tanks or the politicians decide to tax it out of existence, or YOUR financial advisor makes off with your money. I know call RAT and him and Dave Ramsey will fix it for you.

And don't give me that "who's gonna stand up for you" crap... The union isn't standing up for you and it won't stand up for anyone... hasn't for years.

Which is why people went to DC, and how would you know what the union has or has not one for years?

All it takes is opening your eyes and looking at the results. Even reading back to the after-effects of the 1994 strike. And the results I'm talking of is the pillaged, shell of what used to be a CSPF. Where'd all that money go? Right into union official's pockets, that's where.

And don't give me that "who's gonna stand up for you" crap... The union isn't standing up for you and it won't stand up for anyone... hasn't for years.
I am going to make a few comments about your company song remains the same, First, I am not getting into the union/ non union back and forth. Your company requires drivers that are Xtra board in this area to qork six days before getting 34 off. They go through people on the dock like McDonald's goes through a pack of buns. Just saying that all is not the greatest that some would have us believe. Nothingppersonal towards you. Just getting this out there.

I am going to make a few comments about your company song remains the same, First, I am not getting into the union/ non union back and forth. Your company requires drivers that are Xtra board in this area to qork six days before getting 34 off. They go through people on the dock like McDonald's goes through a pack of buns. Just saying that all is not the greatest that some would have us believe. Nothingppersonal towards you. Just getting this out there.

I appreciate your candor and desire to keep this non-personal. I don't know what area you are in, but where I am we choose between 5-6 days work. I work 6 some weeks and take a little more than 34 off (I have worked my schedule around to be due up Sunday morning which gives leeway to when I start up again, usually Sunday after church) and then like this week, I worked 5 and am taking Friday and Saturday off. No company is perfect, and no terminal is perfect. All I am saying is for my working dollar, I haven't found a better place to be. I see a lot of other terminals in my travels, and most seem to operate in a way that gives the driver the power to choose their course. Work hard or work soft, or somewhere in the middle.

I have yet to run into an OD city driver that has anything good to say about that promised land.

All it takes is opening your eyes and looking at the results. Even reading back to the after-effects of the 1994 strike. And the results I'm talking of is the pillaged, shell of what used to be a CSPF. Where'd all that money go? Right into union official's pockets, that's where.
Well if you know where all the money went you should bring some proof, was there mishandling or shady deals or was it incompetence, you seem to know so tell , if all you have is the cspf to cite why not talk about some of the others funds that are doing fine, if not stellar? For a guy that doesn't care about the union you sure seem to pay a lot attention to it.

Well if you know where all the money went you should bring some proof, was there mishandling or shady deals or was it incompetence, you seem to know so tell , if all you have is the cspf to cite why not talk about some of the others funds that are doing fine, if not stellar? For a guy that doesn't care about the union you sure seem to pay a lot attention to it.

Who says I don't care? It's an interesting topic for discussion.

You're seriously going to go that route? The teamsters have been notorious for their shady dealings, corruption, and thievery. How about you provide some proof that CSPF hasn't been pillaged by the officials running it? Ah, another typical tactic, try to cast dispersion by trying to dilute the conversation by bringing up the other funds. The guys out west are lucky, the officials aren't the crooks the ones in the heart of the country are, where a majority of the rank and file are located.

https://www.unionfacts.com/article/crime-and-corruption/

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2014/12/17/pers-d17.html

Start about halfway down in the second link and my argument is made for me. Where's your proof that the union has been innocent in corruption and theft?

Just my opinion - For years we've been told that unions set the benchmark as to how much pay and benefits are available in many lines of work ( manufacturing , and driving to name a few ) Now , in the LTL industry most of the non-union jobs pay better and have equal or better benefits , equal or better equipment , and a decent environment to work in. Unions paved the way for this in most regards.

Even with the CSPF being on the ropes and other retirement funds being fine , these funds are "on the clock" due to the new law , Multiemployer Pension Reform Act of 2014. This gives companies and the federal government an out when it comes to fulfilling their obligations to these pension funds. While other funds may not be in trouble , it should bother each and every union member that your leadership in the union and elected politicians ( Republican Majority Congress and Democratic President ) has let you down. It's not the fault of the working man driving a truck just like you for another company.

Shouldn't the union fix it's own problems before trying to "help" the non-union companies? How about transparency and accountability at the top?

As far as what I want ( I know , nobody asked! ) I want the union companies to do well and have great pay and benefits. If you read these boards and talk to other drivers we've all worked somewhere else - I would rather have great options , a lot of options , instead of broke down :crap:ty choices between bad and worse.

Fix your unions , please. Don't waste your time attacking people that did nothing to you. Get the people ruining your retirement and depressing your wages.

http://ww2.cfo.com/credit/2015/02/anatomy-turnaround-yrc-worldwide/

The CFO of YRCW that said don't expect the return of 15% paycut.

You're seriously going to go that route? The teamsters have been notorious for their shady dealings, corruption, and thievery. How about you provide some proof that CSPF hasn't been pillaged by the officials running it? Ah, another typical tactic, try to cast dispersion by trying to dilute the conversation by bringing up the other funds. The guys out west are lucky, the officials aren't the crooks the ones in the heart of the country are, where a majority of the rank and file are located.

https://www.unionfacts.com/article/crime-and-corruption/

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2014/12/17/pers-d17.html
look who you quoted, how do they know were they there? How about me provide proof, hell as I said before I don't know what happened and neither do you or your sources, but whenever you want to run the union , any union you bring up CSFP or YRC. you're like a parrot on meth, just repeat what somebody else says.

look who you quoted, how do they know were they there? How about me provide proof, hell as I said before I don't know what happened and neither do you or your sources, but whenever you want to run the union , any union you bring up CSFP or YRC. you're like a parrot on meth, just repeat what somebody else says.

I just love how you union guys are... ask for proof, get presented proof then it's not good enough. Before you cast stones, you seem awfully like a parrot on meth yourself. Just spouting the latest union propaganda.

Nothing shocking about losing 50% (or more) of your planned retirement? You're a lot more understanding than I...
First off I didn't say how much I lost you jumped to that conclusion and I can adapt and overcome what is happening,some guys can't most will.It's life everybody knew what was happening.Is it right "HELL NO IT'S NOT" There is nothing that can be done about it 'cause the people we elect don't care about you or me. "nuff said it's nice outside time to relax