Union warehouses back east?

They ride good though, don't set the camera off, my bad habits don't get found out!

Double R, I do remember you saying you like your fruitliner? We just got another 8600, I checked it out today, it is a filthy mess, I do love those trucks though.

I like the power that my Fruitliner has, that's it. The POS rattles, shakes, and is niosey, lol

I like the power that my Fruitliner has, that's it. The POS rattles, shakes, and is niosey, lol

Ours are new enough we ain't got that problem yet, it has alot to do with the driver as well, if you never tighten things up they are gonna get loose. I think my Cascadia has 80 something thousand, I got it before the winter of 2011, I sure am considering that 8600 though, just because I have always loved them, my shaker is nice and new, the 8600 has 311,000 on it, that ain't much at all.

Just my 2 cents but don't get stuck on union Sysco mine is not and as far as Sysco houses mine has been in the top 5 or the past 5 years his year we are the number 1 Sysco house. No union for us means no one others us as long as we show up and do our job. I have not talked to a supervisor in over a month no one bothers us. Just my 2 cents

Not to start a union / non argument , but money and benefits aside , you are investing your time in work, your dwindling time. Seniority is very important as you get older, you want the opportunity to have the easiest job available to you, money will become secondary. Plus protection as your body just cant do the job as when you were younger. You need protection from the ever changing whims of management , the machinations of the number crunchers. There are good managers and bad ones, the good ones are smart enough to leave you alone to do your job. Good luck to all !

Well All I can say is I have worked for sysco for 15 years and with the way we get treated I would not work in a nonunion house. Especially with corporate taking over all the warehouses. Things have gotten worse. I think if corporate had their way we would all be making minimum wage and working right up to the 70 hour a week limit. I really am not dead set on sysco. Just think it would be easier to transfer. If I can find a job some were else I will.

Not to start a union / non argument , but money and benefits aside , you are investing your time in work, your dwindling time. Seniority is very important as you get older, you want the opportunity to have the easiest job available to you, money will become secondary. Plus protection as your body just cant do the job as when you were younger. You need protection from the ever changing whims of management , the machinations of the number crunchers. There are good managers and bad ones, the good ones are smart enough to leave you alone to do your job. Good luck to all !

Thats a damn good post Kevin, you nailed it! 2WD must work for the exception rather than the rule, we got a guy that transfered from Memphis, non-union, he said it was hell, he told me about some guys that transfered to Houston, corp HQ, they came right back to Memphis, they said it was unbearable, I'll take my Union thank you.

DO NOT go to harrisburg pa. we are not union and they will f**k you here they do not care about us management just did away with my pay jump from junior to senior rate 10000 to 12000 ayear maybe somebody knows how to get a GOOD union in here any ideas.

Thanks for the info spongebob. I am hoping to not stay with sysco. Would like to find a company that cares, atleast a little, about their employee's. As far as going union, you need to contact a local and talk to them about getting organized.