FedEx Freight | Union....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get really tired of you self–righteous pro guys thinking your word is beyond reproach and can not be questioned. I have written this on here a dozen times but I will do it again just for you my lord. I am a member of the Teamsters local 284 heavy highway and was in 507 in Cleveland when I did food service. I did take a withdrawal from 284 and am a member in good standing. I'm also not anti union as I have also said a dozen times, you guys are just to pigheaded to fathom that someone who is a union member could say anything that isn't exactly what you think I should say. The whole reason I started posting on here is because of people like you. You claim you want everybody to have all the facts so they can make an educated decision but the fact is you want everybody to vote union blindly and any one who doesn't want to must be a moron. My point is I'm in a union and its fine but its not the paradise you all paint it to be. I still don't think it will fix a lot of their problems, but I also don't think it will ruin Fedex either. I think the union can fix some things and I think it will bring some new problems. If the drivers want the union then by all means go for it I hope they succeed I really truly do. But as far as you having a bead on the whole west coast from your perch in Utah I don't believe it. There are literally thousands of driver out there and you don't even work for the company. I'm not sure who your talking to but there is no way you know what you say you know. Remember CIN was a lock, LOU was a lock CLT had 70 or more percent cards signed and barely squeaked one out, that tells me you guy don't know what you think you know, I'm basing my opinions on what's on front of me. Come on now call me a union buster and whatever else you guys like to throw around, all the while skirting how you came to this great info.
Not a buster, buster.....Maybe a little pissed that no one feels your trustworthy?....That would be my guess for you and the king of assumption.

Not a buster, buster.....Maybe a little pissed that no one feels your trustworthy?....That would be my guess for you and the king of assumption.

I could care less what some strangers on an internet message board think, judging by the amount of time you spend on here it must mean a lot to you. That being said how do you come to the conclusion I'm no feels I'm "trustworthy" just because you don't agree with me, doesn't make me untrustworthy. If anything you are the one talking about something you have no possible way of actually knowing.

I could care less what some strangers on an internet message board think, judging by the amount of time you spend on here it must mean a lot to you. That being said how do you come to the conclusion I'm no feels I'm "trustworthy" just because you don't agree with me, doesn't make me untrustworthy. If anything you are the one talking about something you have no possible way of actually knowing.
Those that feel you should be included, they wouldn't be from the pro side.

I'm not disputing that you can communicate with different parts of the world. What I am disputing is having a bead on a particular subject involving an entire region. He says he has credible info pertaining to this and we are just supposed to take his word for it.
And knowing the man and who he has been " connected" with over the years I would .
I also know that the Freddies in Salt Lake have been told to not associate with other freight drivers.

And knowing the man and who he has been " connected" with over the years I would .
I also know that the Freddies in Salt Lake have been told to not associate with other freight drivers.

Well since you "know the man" enlighten me as to how he comes by this information. I'm in no way asking for names in fact avoid it at all costs. I'm just saying in my small company which I know every single employee, I have know idea of what everyone's opinion on anything is. Yet I supposed to believe he knows how a whole region of the country feels, and will subsequently vote when people were blindsided at heir own terminals where they should have a pretty good idea. I think you have both missed my whole point in this stupid dead horse beating conversation. Which is exactly why its an honor not to be included in your "group". As a rule the pro side on this particular site are some of the most arrogant closed minded people I've dealt with. You have made up your minds and anybody who disagrees with anything you say is a moron, you can say anything you want and we are expected to accept it at face value.

Well since you "know the man" enlighten me as to how he comes by this information. I'm in no way asking for names in fact avoid it at all costs. I'm just saying in my small company which I know every single employee, I have know idea of what everyone's opinion on anything is. Yet I supposed to believe he knows how a whole region of the country feels, and will subsequently vote when people were blindsided at heir own terminals where they should have a pretty good idea. I think you have both missed my whole point in this stupid dead horse beating conversation. Which is exactly why its an honor not to be included in your "group". As a rule the pro side on this particular site are some of the most arrogant closed minded people I've dealt with. You have made up your minds and anybody who disagrees with anything you say is a moron, you can say anything you want and we are expected to accept it at face value.
That's their motto at my center, you're either with them or your against them.
Of all of the "union pushers" at my center, there are only 3 who still associate with me and others, the rest won't even look at us, much less talk to us!

And to those 3, and you know who you are, props and much respect to you, at least you understand that we still must work together!

To the others, I guess this shows we weren't really friends after all.

Dang Red, are you sure you're not exaggerating ? Of the over 100 that voted yes, only 3 are still civil, respectful, or at least sociable? I heard things have been quite good at your place, since the vote.

An my center, there are some who were adamantly opposed, and some just not really convinced, for whatever reason. Only one seems to take it personal. I still make every effort to speak to them all, and not let this issue alter anything. I even congratulate the naysayers when they get a win... But that's just me.

Dang Red, are you sure you're not exaggerating ? Of the over 100 that voted yes, only 3 are still civil, respectful, or at least sociable? I heard things have been quite good at your place, since the vote.

An my center, there are some who were adamantly opposed, and some just not really convinced, for whatever reason. Only one seems to take it personal. I still make every effort to speak to them all, and not let this issue alter anything. I even congratulate the naysayers when they get a win... But that's just me.

Yeah but you're one the reasonable ones.

Trust me, we do NOT have 100 union pushers! There only about 10 of them that are pushing hard, another handful or so that ride their coat tails, the rest go on as business as usual.

I also make it a point to talk to everybody, including those that are pushing and those that voted yes. I have no problem with those that go on as business as usual, it's the pushers that are taking it personal. I congratulated those pushers when they won and said good job, and it's those 3 that get it, they understand that we can agree to disagree, the rest just take it to personal I guess.
Again, with the rest you're either with them or you're against them!
Kudos to those 3 that get it....and they know who they are!

But Redracer, to be fair, are you on the "other side", going on and on, about a done deal? Are you accepting of you centers decision? I only ask, to try and figure out why the treatment would be, as we'd agree, less than admirable.

Many on here from the anti-Union side, are quick to point out (when someone from a no vote center cites the virtues of the Union), that if the pro guy's center voted no, they should accept it and move on, giving it a rest. Doesn't that same rationale apply to a no voter at a yes voting location? Fair question? Am I missing something?

But Redracer, to be fair, are you on the "other side", going on and on, about a done deal? Are you accepting of you centers decision? I only ask, to try and figure out why the treatment would be, as we'd agree, less than admirable.

Many on here from the anti-Union side, are quick to point out (when someone from a no vote center cites the virtues of the Union), that if the pro guy's center voted no, they should accept it and move on, giving it a rest. Doesn't that same rationale apply to a no voter at a yes voting location? Fair question? Am I missing something?

Im sure there is a Paul Harvy version of the story on why they treat Red the way they do. I will find out about it there are Charlotte drivers coming up here to speak to us this eve and tomorrow. I try and be nice and work with everyone at my barn but there are a few guys that nobody like's "has nothing to do with union" they are lazy and have sucked up to the boss they just want to go home early every day and they do. They wine their way out of work everyday.

I respect the vote....but many we're lied to. Since our election, and the lack of this so called East Coast Tsunami that everyone was promised, there's a good many drivers that feel slighted. If there was another election today, the NO's would win by a landslide due to this very reason...these fence riders were sold on a hope and a dream that never existed. Therefor, we will keep fighting until the union is decertified, we now have the numbers through facts and truths, not hopes and dreams....and the pros's know this...that's why they're now currently trying to organize our dock in order to increase their support because they've lost so many of the drivers!

As for centers that voted no, from what I'm hearing those drivers don't feel slighted at all. They're happy with their decision and are ready to move on...that's why I and others encourage them to do so.

Im sure there is a Paul Harvy version of the story on why they treat Red the way they do. I will find out about it there are Charlotte drivers coming up here to speak to us this eve and tomorrow. I try and be nice and work with everyone at my barn but there are a few guys that nobody like's "has nothing to do with union" they are lazy and have sucked up to the boss they just want to go home early every day and they do. They wine their way out of work everyday.
They treat me the way they do because I'm not afraid to speak my mind...they don't like when people speak out against them...especially with truths and facts. Feel free to ask the 3 drivers that come up there nightly...but I would recommend you speak with the #3 driver, he's the only one who really "knows" me.
I would also suggest you ride down to exit 95 off 77 and talk to any of the 13 CLT drivers that come in to the GoMart daily. You'll have a big window, they arrive between 10am to about 3pm, you'll get a better idea of who I am and what I'm about.

I respect the vote....but many we're lied to. Since our election, and the lack of this so called East Coast Tsunami that everyone was promised, there's a good many drivers that feel slighted. If there was another election today, the NO's would win by a landslide due to this very reason...these fence riders were sold on a hope and a dream that never existed. Therefor, we will keep fighting until the union is decertified, we now have the numbers through facts and truths, not hopes and dreams....and the pros's know this...that's why they're now currently trying to organize our dock in order to increase their support because they've lost so many of the drivers!

As for centers that voted no, from what I'm hearing those drivers don't feel slighted at all. They're happy with their decision and are ready to move on...that's why I and others encourage them to do so.

But you said the same thing when u all voted. No way we will vote for union. I seem to think you have no idea what the other drivers want.

They treat me the way they do because I'm not afraid to speak my mind...they don't like when people speak out against them...especially with truths and facts. Feel free to ask the 3 drivers that come up there nightly...but I would recommend you speak with the #3 driver, he's the only one who really "knows" me.
I would also suggest you ride down to exit 95 off 77 and talk to any of the 13 CLT drivers that come in to the GoMart daily. You'll have a big window, they arrive between 10am to about 3pm, you'll get a better idea of who I am and what I'm about.
Who treats you bad ? Company ? Drivers ?

No it wouldn't, you'd just find something else to complain about!
The whole union mess started with the points system....the company changed it.
Then it was the BS policies...the company changed them.
Then it was wages....the company gave us a raise.
Now it's insurance and pensions....
You guys are NEVER happy, most think you just want something to complain about!

Hell, if you were to get a contract, you'd probably complain about that too!!!!
Yes they probably would complain if they got a contract.Wouldnt have to worry about you complaining.You would be riding on the shirt tails of others.Those others that won you a better deal than you think you have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.