United Health Care

Discussion in 'New England Motor Freight' started by JLKKLJ777, Nov 25, 2010.

1. JLKKLJ777

JLKKLJ777 Member

I know Eastern has been using United Healthcare for a while now. I have found them to be pretty lousy when it comes to paying our family doctor (last 2 office visits were denied payment) on time. They have also been denying coverage for some prescription meds for my wife. I have complained to Human resources about this already.

Does NEMF have United Healthcare and if so is anyone else having issues with the insurance company making payments to healthcare providers on time or denying coverage on legitimate prescription meds?

I never had problems with BC/BS in regard to prescription meds or office visits being paid in a timely manner. I certainly hope we get rid of United Healthcare soon. They have been nothing but a pain in the azz since day 1.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2010
  2. MONTANANY

MONTANANY Member

I have not had any issues and United Healthcare has been great. Is you physician an approved UHC provider?

3. Black Dot

Black Dot Member

Think they are bad wait & see what OBAM CARE IS ALL ABOUT.

4. JLKKLJ777

JLKKLJ777 Member

Our primary doctor has been the same for the past 12 years. Our doc accepts United Healthcare patients as well. United Healthcare apparently has some issues about paying the office visit because my wife was discussing her meds for Depression. Our primary doc is not a psychiatrist but does listen to my wife and prescribe meds accordingly.

My beef is with some pencil pusher in a United Healthcare office interfering with the prescriptions issued by our family doctor and denying payment on a legitimate office visit.

I know if I were in charge of Human resources I would fire these bozo's the FIRST time they messed with a patients meds or denied a claim.

What good is a plan if you have to deal with crap on a regular basis?

5. mrlinehaul

mrlinehaul New Member

I have dealt with UH insurance at another job and it is the same crap from them across the board. When the company dropped BC/BS I seriously considered dropping the insurance and just saving the money.

6. JLKKLJ777

JLKKLJ777 Member

I am seriously looking at another job just to get Blue Cross/Blue Shield back. I hate to throw away 9 years of service and start over somewhere else though. I sure hope Human Resources realizes they screwed up and replace this United Healthcare BS soon.

7. Rodedog

Rodedog Member

NEMF switched almost 4 years ago because United came in with much lower rates.

They'll have the Shevell companies all driving KW's and Pete's before BC/BC comes back.

8. Black Dot

Black Dot Member

Good luck!