ODFL | United Healthcare

Snowmann

TB Lurker
Credits
I just received a bill from United Healthcare. My two children had a check up with the dentist. Now they don’t pay ¾ of the bill. I enrolled on the highest possible coverage.
Lately, I also had to fight over a doctor’s bill. It took the Insurance about 5 Months to pay, and I received constantly messages from the doctor’s office. OD pays Millions every Month to this insurance. Did anybody else have also troubles with United Healthcare?
If it is so why doesn’t OD take actions about this?
:cuss: mad: :cuss: :mad:

I just received a bill from United Healthcare. My two children had a check up with the dentist. Now they don’t pay ¾ of the bill. I enrolled on the highest possible coverage.
Lately, I also had to fight over a doctor’s bill. It took the Insurance about 5 Months to pay, and I received constantly messages from the doctor’s office. OD pays Millions every Month to this insurance. Did anybody else have also troubles with United Healthcare?
If it is so why doesn’t OD take actions about this?
:cuss: mad: :cuss: :mad:

I can tell you storys that would make a grown man cry.

and if i remember right, last raise we were told that at the end of this year 07 the premium plan will be changed, most likely we will more per week and have a higher co pay.it is not just us the unions are looking at this with their next contract and we even have a union at Kennedy Space Ctr on strike right now with that being one of several issues they want fixed.

and if i remember right, last raise we were told that at the end of this year 07 the premium plan will be changed, most likely we will more per week and have a higher co pay.it is not just us the unions are looking at this with their next contract and we even have a union at Kennedy Space Ctr on strike right now with that being one of several issues they want fixed.

We employees pay a lot of money to this healthcare.
I don’t now how many employees OD has.
But calculating with 5000 employs and each one pays 60 bucks, that comes up to 12 million US$ per month. Now where is the power of OD.
I think with this amount OD should be able to force this company to work better.
If OD delivers only the half of the freight to a customer and tells him he can go to pick up the rest at the terminal, this customer will take the next time another carrier.
I just hope some of the guys in the main office check also from time to time this forum.

We employees pay a lot of money to this healthcare.
I don’t now how many employees OD has.
But calculating with 5000 employs and each one pays 60 bucks, that comes up to 12 million US$ per month. Now where is the power of OD.
I think with this amount OD should be able to force this company to work better.
If OD delivers only the half of the freight to a customer and tells him he can go to pick up the rest at the terminal, this customer will take the next time another carrier.
I just hope some of the guys in the main office check also from time to time this forum.

O.D probably has over 10,000 employees now with the latest buy outs.It's a safe bet the boys in the big building are reading this.

O.D probably has over 10,000 employees now with the latest buy outs.It's a safe bet the boys in the big building are reading this.

So that makes over 24`000`000 US$ per month to healthcare, and apparently nobody is able to put this company to the knees.

So that makes over 24`000`000 US$ per month to healthcare, and apparently nobody is able to put this company to the knees.

For what ever reason nobody at corporate has ever got a handle on the insurance or the 401.Terminal level is a lost cause because it still has to go thru T'ville.

Sorry but with all that zeros behind, I get a little confused.
You are right it is ONLY 2.4 Million litlle bucks.
But I think it is still enogh what we pay, to get a little better service

Well I have been waiting for someone else to make this post, I sure agree with you that insurance could be better and the dental / vision really is bad. But. the way I understand it is OD pays all the claims themselves unless maybe it goes over a certain amount like a catastrophic amount. Also many employees do not pay that much some are single, use their wifes insurance or just do not get it for their families. If you read the news you would know that health insurance is a big problem for not just people but companies in this country. I believe it is one of the reasons that the American auto makers are suffering since they have to compete with car companies in foreign countries where they do not pay benefits such as health insurance. I am sure that many companies pay better health benefits but many pay much less OD is probably somewhere in the middle. So I think you can take some more zeros off of how much OD gets off of us it may not even pay for itself. I do not think it does.

I work for Jevic, and we also use United Healthcare. They are primarily a healthcare benefits administrator(a company that just does the paperwork for companies that pay there employees health claims instead of using a healthcare insurance company).

For those of you who don't want to read this article United Heath CEO Pay Package, I'll sum it up for you.

While you guys slave at your job, and subsidize what your company pays towards your health insurance, the CEO of United Heath received $1.5 BILLION last year in stock options. This does not include his annual salary.

Something like this does not surprise me. And I am sure UHC makes big bucks. UHC is probably one of several PPO providers. When OD started using them our choices of doctors and payment of health claims improved substantially.
Just like the fellow from Jevic posted UHC is a health care administrator. This probably comes down to a quick diagnose not necessarily the right or best. The doctor may think you need a MRI or something but UHC does not pay that in the case you are presenting the doctor knowing that you probably do not want to pay for the expensive procedure avoids telling you that realizing that you would probably not want to pay that out of pocket. You get the services that UHC is willing to pay the doctors office for the diagnose. Basicilly we and tens of millions of others do not get the best healthcare and probably never will unless we pay for it ourselves.

I've had my share of problems with UHC since we went with them. I can say that it takes a lot of phone calls and patience to get things paid correctly. Call corporate and speak to the people in the benefits dept., they sometimes can help.
I see we just got a letter about them checking who's enrolled on our policies and I'm sure this is going to cost in the long run.
Unfortunately this isn't an isolated OD problem, it's happening to many workers. UHC has become huge and every time they gain another company the employees cry. We as the workforce of America are too busy working to do anything and the people we elect keep walking on our backs to get where their going. Gov't isn't going to change any of this and neither is corporate America.