Central Transport | "Unstoppable" with Denzel Washington

runawaytrain

Wear their scorn with pride.
Credits
This movie is based in the town of Stanton Pa. Its a true story about a runaway train that got loose in Ohio and was going 70 miles per hour. Ironic its based in the State of Pa. The train was owned by CSX. Vitran is this runaway train..Just picture Vitrans logo on the side of the train as you watch the movie...Just look at how management treats Frank (Denzel) as he risk his life, even after they force him into early retirement. What you really need to understand is how management dealt with this. And once you get that, then try to understand that even though we are a runaway train we can be stopped. But its only us that can stop this train..Management can try to derail it to minimize the damage and control their cost, but we are the ones on the tracks, and are the only ones that can prevent it from derailing...thus saving the company millions of dollars. We can save this company..But we can't do it alone. Management needs to step up and do the right things..They have made some good moves, but its not near enough..They need more experienced managers in key positions of operations..We can't accept the status quo any longer, because we will someday run out of time. City operations must be more productive with professional dispatchers..the key to turning this company around..The linehaul has been streamlined..much better..Now its time to get the city's more productive with big changes in dispatching....Hire us some experienced dispatchers with years of dispatching experience from within the LTL field. When you are pulling out of a delivery and you see another Vitran driver pulling in before you even leave, not to productive. When you make a pick-up and another Vitran driver is sitting across the street, not to productive. Just those kind of things hurt the bottom line.

Last edited by a moderator:
the movie was ok in my opinion, but you hit it perfectly witht he anaolgy. the brakes are tore up and the train will never stop, and the passengers on the train don't care anymore, becuz of the way the train operator has treated the pasengers in the past present and probley in the future,so they dont care if they live or die on the train, but I know one thing for sure, most of the passengers on the train have their hands up and are saying to the operator," we have did our part while you went out and bought more trains to expand your RR tracks, and now u expect us to fix this train b4 it goes off the tracks"? sorry this pasenger and many more have done more then plenty to stop the train from running off the tracks, now its the operator to make the passengers comfortable while the train is running......

Southside you must be thinking of another movie, because this train was hauling tankers of Haz-Mat and no passengers...and the company wanted to derail it before it hit Stanton and cost them 10 times what it would have cost them if they derailed it in a less populated city...They had no faith that their employee's could catch it and stop it with no cost at all...As they did in the end.

runaway train haz mat jackass manager gee sounds like toledo with steve at the controls and pitt is not listening until the news teams and e.p.a. are there and then its quick fire the perv[thats another story] send damage control cover our asses yah sounds just like the movie only patrick is no denzel train tipps haz mat all over whoops bust out another million gatez chris drop the ball

Southside you must be thinking of another movie, because this train was hauling tankers of Haz-Mat and no passengers...and the company wanted to derail it before it hit Stanton and cost them 10 times what it would have cost them if they derailed it in a less populated city...They had no faith that their employee's could catch it and stop it with no cost at all...As they did in the end.
I think what southside was talking about was the passengers on the vitran train, not the one in the movie.

This movie was made in a couple Pa towns.... one of them was Port Allegheny Pa.

The tracks were just across the river for our land ... we have 300 acres of woods on the Allegheny river where we go camping.

It was a little annoying hearing all the train horns and the choppers in the air.

..Fudgie...Good one..I should have known what the Southside was thinking..The man knows his stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks fudgie, I was making a "twist" to the real movie, our movie has real drama. cuz its real life, real people, and real family this place is messing with. and thanks train, I try to act like I know alot, but most people call it diarrhea of the mouth.