Central Transport | Update on Central Transport

CTNY

Never judge a driver by his tractor
Credits
Here is the latest information on our Central Transport.Originally Published: December 23, 2010 1:24 PM Modified: December 23, 2010 2:43 PM
Central Transport names new president.Trucking industry veteran David McClimon will become president of Warren-based Central Transport International Inc. on Jan. 3, the company said in a statement today.

The position is believed to be new for the privately-held company.
McClimon, 55, was most recently COO at Ann Arbor-based ADR North America LLC. He also had been president of Con-Way Freight, also based in Ann Arbor.

The company is owned by the Moroun family and is part of their Warren-based CenTra Inc. family of companies, which also includes the Detroit International Bridge Co., which operates the Ambassador Bridge.

What happens for us Drivers next wait and see

Things still suck alot : ( The wonderful Michigan dispatchers just don't and cant get a handle on how a trucking company is run. The old timer drivers we sit watch wait and HOPE for change for better. Some of the original people at Central Transport are trying to correct the huge problems but someone keep undermining them. No Name of a Son used here notably the one who drove a company under he managed in the past. Again names aren't used to protect the guilty the innocent just live on : (

CTNY - CT IS BEYOND SUCKING. They are by far one of the worst trucking companies in the US
The tractors for the most part are junk. All of the trailers are junk. The terminals are an OSHA inspectors wet dream.
The "centralized dispatch" concept sucks, it doesn't work. CT does NOT care about its drivers or its terminal workers, I know this for a fact. CT's rep in the industry is laughable. Whenever I mention to another industry professional that I worked at CT, they laugh and wonder how / why the hell I ever got involved with such a terrible organization

yes, they definitely must be making money! we have been raiseless for over 3 1/2 years. no incentives or bonuses. this is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. and for them to consider themselves an LTL company is a joke. most LTL companies have liftgate trailers and straight trucks. I t took them forever to get pup trailers to most terminals. they do not have the needed equipment for LTL operation. as far as raises, lol, business is still going great with us and still we are denied raises. so someone's pockets are getting deeper. not the drivers! the one's who must have all these endorsements on their license for their job. must go through federal background checks for the hazmat. and still we are not partially reimbursed anything. not one cent for something required by the company.
IT'S JUST A REAL CRAP COMPANY FROM TOP TO BOTTOM !

Well you guys that work there now better start looking for other jobs. The inside information I received, is that Central is going to close 23 of its terminals. 1 of them I know is going to close is Jackson Michigan. I think the reason for this is the cause of the state of Michigan is going to build a brand new toll bridge right next to Matty's. I think that he realizes he is going to lose too much money if his bridge closes down. So he will need to make cuts somewhere. I am also been told that this is only round 1 of the cuts. More terminals are going to be closing after that.

I thank God everyday that I do not work there anymore!

Well you have to thank central like yrc for bastardizing the rates....seriuosly you have to wonder how they are able to make money on these pallet programs.

I'm surprised they gave you that much notice! I'd thought they'd hand you your pink slip the day before they closed the doors!

John

isn't this what central does with a lot of their smaller terminals, they close them down and open them as they wish? i remember driving by williamsport Pa, and for a long time it was vacant. then all of a sudden it was crawling with trucks. Same thing with Elmira NY.

ya williamsport is now an AC n they had such a hard time holding onto drivers for linehaul that thay pay a flat rate of 1200 a week n if u show up all 5 days u get a weekly bonus of $325 only for that term tho its not bad if u can del with there bull****

yeah, thats not too bad!

gee, i wonder if matty hadn't shut the teamsters out of central, if he would have such a hard time finding drivers to run his junk?

my situation is not bad because we have fuel at our terminal so when we run to the AC at nite i can take watever truck i want but if u dont have fuel at ur term then they rotate ur truck everynite....thats when u run into problems and frankly alot of drivers dont have alot of exp so they dont kno any better and continue to drive watever there TM assigns to them!!