XPO | Update on XCO

I'm a 17yr employee and also one of those 90k plus guys. I'm not from xco but very close to a lot of guys there. when I started here I didnt pay for a single thing as far as benefits and they were good as well. now my insurance is $127.50 a week and I'm making the same money I was 5 years ago. You want to know where the xtra money could come from?? for one, they have the money, we have more cash on hand than any other company out there. also, we could get rid of at least 50% of the FOS's that we have and that have no clue about freight. bottom line is something has to be done. I have a perfect safety record ans a million and a half safe driving miles, and I feel like I have somebody looking over my shoulder daily. If you're not for the union thats fine, because it sounds to me like you weren't around when things were great. Also, when all of the details come out about this XML driver, its gonna blow everybody's mind, and the man's story needs to be told. This is not a top notch job anymore, just average. More later.

You pay way too much for health coverage..should've done some research and pay 10 dollars like i pay. health care reimbursment account paid by the company. it's great. I dont pay any out of pocket. And i dont want that messed with. And i'll say again, if there is no money for raise or 401 distributions and allow the company to remain profitable, your not going to get it. Where is the extra money going to come from?? Where are they going to get this extra moneyto pay for all this glorious stuff you seek with a labor union? If they were to re-instate the pension(which would be great), where is the money going to come from?

The question is...where is the money they have (and you know as well as I do that they HAVE it) going NOW???? Hint: It's not going to us, that's for sure.

This is the way this is going to work...

The good folks Con-Way are either going to elect to organize or not...bottom line.

The company has demonstrated in its recent past to blatantly disregard the professional and personal security of the drivers employed therein.

Blatantly....

Now they want to do something..."backpeddle" if you will to recuperate the respect long gone...from those folks they made promises in 'times' more civilized...

Too little...too late...

Whatever diatribe the company oozes in the near future be guaranteed this..it is bereft of sincerity...

Smoke and mirrors...the tiger can't change its stripes.

When...and only when...the CEO is replaced will there be any hope of change.

Con-Way's mindset is one of..."there are thousands of peeps just waiting for your job"...

There aren't...they just want you to believe the lie...

Its what they are good at...sleight of hand...misdirection.

The drivers at Con-Way need to be organized...and soon...Dougie is out for Dougie and the BOD...if you believe anything else you are deceived...

Rat

Great post, Rat! You are SO right!!!

I'm a 17yr employee and also one of those 90k plus guys. I'm not from xco but very close to a lot of guys there. when I started here I didnt pay for a single thing as far as benefits and they were good as well. now my insurance is $127.50 a week and I'm making the same money I was 5 years ago. You want to know where the xtra money could come from?? for one, they have the money, we have more cash on hand than any other company out there. also, we could get rid of at least 50% of the FOS's that we have and that have no clue about freight. bottom line is something has to be done. I have a perfect safety record ans a million and a half safe driving miles, and I feel like I have somebody looking over my shoulder daily. If you're not for the union thats fine, because it sounds to me like you weren't around when things were great. Also, when all of the details come out about this XML driver, its gonna blow everybody's mind, and the man's story needs to be told. This is not a top notch job anymore, just average. More later.

Great post, bulldawg!! Wow...that story about the driver from XML is really something! And his story DOES need to be told. In the old days, that story may not have gotten past the regional level and just swept under the rug, but with the internet, it's all over the place. I'm wondering now if they'll even post something at my terminal about it. That event, and this current organizing drive should be a huge wake-up call to management. I've been in the workforce since 1976, and this company ranks at or near the bottom for it's blatant disregard for it's employees health and welfare. I can only think of one, maybe two other jobs (long ago) where we were treated this poorly in all aspects of the job.

What beerfd fails to mention with his 10 dollar weekly insurance premium is his $5000 dollar yearly deductible. Then after he meets that he has to pay 30% of the remaining bill. Your not foolin nobody. Be real. You got everyone wearing the bag

What beerfd fails to mention with his 10 dollar weekly insurance premium is his $5000 dollar yearly deductible. Then after he meets that he has to pay 30% of the remaining bill. Your not foolin nobody. Be real. You got everyone wearing the bag

All those numbers are not true. And what about the company paid HRA? You have to do your homework to know about that. The company wants you to pay high premiums, but there are other choices. It works for me.

Will someone please tell what happened to the xml driver I think people need to know P.s. my heart goes out to his family

I agree crazy how these guys think every thing is great until the hammer drops on them, they say I'm just happy to have a job until they fire their butt for something ridiculous! You are so right bulldog these guys will be crying when conway comes to them in oct. and says by the way you will have to pay even more for your medical now and Dougie is getting a 2million dollar bonus and you won't see a raise again in june. THEY WILL TAKE EVEN MORE IF WE DON'T ORGANIZE!

Heard that the company lawyers were at XCO to tell the management the right way and the wrong way to fire a driver. Any truth to that?

No. There isn't.
Thats good. I'll bet a $1 they dont feel the need to put much effort into fighting the current issue. They couldn't care less that the majority of their employees are tired of them treating everyone as if we are too dumb to know we are being taken advantage of. Here's a lil secret.....the working man isn't as dumb as the corporate eletists think. Believe it or not we can actually read and know how to find out if what we are told actually is true or some kind of psycological manipulation.

Thats good. I'll bet a $1 they dont feel the need to put much effort into fighting the current issue. They couldn't care less that the majority of their employees are tired of them treating everyone as if we are too dumb to know we are being taken advantage of. Here's a lil secret.....the working man isn't as dumb as the corporate eletists think. Believe it or not we can actually read and know how to find out if what we are told actually is true or some kind of psycological manipulation.

I agree but if you took the time to check your spelling of"psychological i could take you more seriously.

OK. Here for your weekly update. WE ARE READY WHEN YOU ARE!!!!! Lets get this done. Discipline has definitely been ramped up here. They are watching drivers via the GPS System, busting people for not being clean shaven, several trailer inspections per day for cleanliness and safe stack usage, and just generally pissing people off. I know, I know. They're just enforcing policy. It needs to be fair across the board though. Not picking and choosing which ones they enforce. C'mon guys keep working!!!!!

clean shaven? where does it say we have to shave? neatly trimmed is all I'm aware of. let them **** people off, it only pushes them farther towards the other side. :)