Update on XCO

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by nobodyinparticular, Jun 12, 2011.

1. bulldawg28

bulldawg28 New Member

I'm a 17yr employee and also one of those 90k plus guys. I'm not from xco but very close to a lot of guys there. when I started here I didnt pay for a single thing as far as benefits and they were good as well. now my insurance is $127.50 a week and I'm making the same money I was 5 years ago. You want to know where the xtra money could come from?? for one, they have the money, we have more cash on hand than any other company out there. also, we could get rid of at least 50% of the FOS's that we have and that have no clue about freight. bottom line is something has to be done. I have a perfect safety record ans a million and a half safe driving miles, and I feel like I have somebody looking over my shoulder daily. If you're not for the union thats fine, because it sounds to me like you weren't around when things were great. Also, when all of the details come out about this XML driver, its gonna blow everybody's mind, and the man's story needs to be told. This is not a top notch job anymore, just average. More later.

2. Trucker 206

Trucker 206 Well-Known Member

The question is...where is the money they have (and you know as well as I do that they HAVE it) going NOW???? Hint: It's not going to us, that's for sure.

3. Trucker 206

Great post, Rat! You are SO right!!!

4. Trucker 206

Great post, bulldawg!! Wow...that story about the driver from XML is really something! And his story DOES need to be told. In the old days, that story may not have gotten past the regional level and just swept under the rug, but with the internet, it's all over the place. I'm wondering now if they'll even post something at my terminal about it. That event, and this current organizing drive should be a huge wake-up call to management. I've been in the workforce since 1976, and this company ranks at or near the bottom for it's blatant disregard for it's employees health and welfare. I can only think of one, maybe two other jobs (long ago) where we were treated this poorly in all aspects of the job.

5. Rollin62

Rollin62 Well-Known Member

What beerfd fails to mention with his 10 dollar weekly insurance premium is his $5000 dollar yearly deductible. Then after he meets that he has to pay 30% of the remaining bill. Your not foolin nobody. Be real. You got everyone wearing the bag

6. beerfd

beerfd Well-Known Member

All those numbers are not true. And what about the company paid HRA? You have to do your homework to know about that. The company wants you to pay high premiums, but there are other choices. It works for me.

7. cozzmo

cozzmo Member

so whats the story wiyh the xml guy?

8. badcompany

badcompany Member

wow good comeback.............hahahaha citygirl!

9. shitbird

shitbird Member

Will someone please tell what happened to the xml driver I think people need to know P.s. my heart goes out to his family

10. badcompany

badcompany Member

I agree crazy how these guys think every thing is great until the hammer drops on them, they say I'm just happy to have a job until they fire their butt for something ridiculous! You are so right bulldog these guys will be crying when conway comes to them in oct. and says by the way you will have to pay even more for your medical now and Dougie is getting a 2million dollar bonus and you won't see a raise again in june. THEY WILL TAKE EVEN MORE IF WE DON'T ORGANIZE!

11. Dodge Ram

Dodge Ram Well-Known Member

Heard that the company lawyers were at XCO to tell the management the right way and the wrong way to fire a driver. Any truth to that?

12. nobodyinparticular

nobodyinparticular Member

13. Blue67

Blue67 Active Member

Thats good. I'll bet a $1 they dont feel the need to put much effort into fighting the current issue. They couldn't care less that the majority of their employees are tired of them treating everyone as if we are too dumb to know we are being taken advantage of. Here's a lil secret.....the working man isn't as dumb as the corporate eletists think. Believe it or not we can actually read and know how to find out if what we are told actually is true or some kind of psycological manipulation.

14. bottomfdrking

bottomfdrking Member

I agree but if you took the time to check your spelling of"psychological i could take you more seriously.

15. Blue67

Blue67 Active Member

Yep u got me.

16. rattlehead

rattlehead he said member uh huh huh

clean shaven? where does it say we have to shave? neatly trimmed is all I'm aware of. let them piss people off, it only pushes them farther towards the other side. :)

17. badcompany

badcompany Member

They were their to tell them to becareful as to what to say to them.....

18. HARLEYRDKING01

HARLEYRDKING01 Member

:regretful:come on lets get the show on the road i want to vote

19. highspeeds

highspeeds ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

If you guys are waiting on XCO. It is gonna be a long wait. You are better off to start something up on your own.

20. shitbird

shitbird Member

You have no idea what you are talking about!