XPO | Update on XCO

You have no idea what you are talking about!

Read nobodyinparticulars goodbye post again. He was the main man here. I believe what he had to say. If you are waiting on XCO to forge a path.... don't bother. Make your own path if you choose. But waiting on these guys isn't wise.

Read nobodyinparticulars goodbye post again. He was the main man here. I believe what he had to say. If you are waiting on XCO to forge a path.... don't bother. Make your own path if you choose. But waiting on these guys isn't wise.

this is right, people who are on the fence or have questions need to contact the local in their area. they need to talk to business agents on their own. sitting and watching what other terminals do is not going to accomplish anything. there are many areas that are involved in this, more so than people think, however, you cannot and will not know unless you get the information firsthand and start talking to the BA at your local. people would be suprised at what they find. they might think there is no interest and then find out that there have already been multiple union meetings.

All talk and no action. Things are dying down around here. Guess the weather has been to nice. People got better things to do.

They have a bunch. That is true. So now what. Chicago land waited for everyone to catch up and they never did. If XCO voted tomorrow, it would be yes. They have over 50%. Well over. But that ain't the point. Can't go alone. And you can't go all spread out and scattered. And once you do go. Things are going to get tough. You are going to have to trust the man next to you to have your back. The same guy that skinned you back last night. Do you trust him ? You are going to need him.

Most of these guys can't miss a paycheck. Management knows this. They can force a strike. Make people walk the line. How long will that last? How many people will actually hold that line ?

A lot of guys want a change. None of them want to have to risk anything to get it.

They have a bunch. That is true. So now what. Chicago land waited for everyone to catch up and they never did. If XCO voted tomorrow, it would be yes. They have over 50%. Well over. But that ain't the point. Can't go alone. And you can't go all spread out and scattered. And once you do go. Things are going to get tough. You are going to have to trust the man next to you to have your back. The same guy that skinned you back last night. Do you trust him ? You are going to need him.

Most of these guys can't miss a paycheck. Management knows this. They can force a strike. Make people walk the line. How long will that last? How many people will actually hold that line ?

A lot of guys want a change. None of them want to have to risk anything to get it.
Highspeeds come to my terminal we are way ahead to probably getting close to 80% and I know there are others out there that are good to go also everybody just has to do there part. I know chicago is holding back to see how it goes because of how they got burned last time but I hope they will jump in at some point along with cleveland & detroit then I think things will really start rollin . just my opinion!

yeah, exactly. people who are saying it is dead don't understand how it works. this does not happen overnight. it will take the union a while to get their end together, and get as many shops signed up as possible. then you get to vote. when it passes, then you get to go after a contract. all of this could take up to a couple of years, so if you think management is somehow going to force a strike, you are way too far ahead in your assumptions. signing cards is still in the very beginning stages.

people get all caught up in signing cards, like thats all you have to do, and then there is a lull, and people start to get worried like something bad is going to happen because you have to sit and wait. don't get discouraged, everything is going forward, it is just not visible like the very first steps of organizing.

yeah, exactly. people who are saying it is dead don't understand how it works. this does not happen overnight. it will take the union a while to get their end together, and get as many shops signed up as possible. then you get to vote. when it passes, then you get to go after a contract. all of this could take up to a couple of years, so if you think management is somehow going to force a strike, you are way too far ahead in your assumptions. signing cards is still in the very beginning stages.

people get all caught up in signing cards, like thats all you have to do, and then there is a lull, and people start to get worried like something bad is going to happen because you have to sit and wait. don't get discouraged, everything is going forward, it is just not visible like the very first steps of organizing.
bflobill you are exactly right some terminals are way ahead of the game and have to wait for others to catch up this thing won't happen over nite but I can hope LOL! they told us at our meeting it could take a year but thats ok with me as long as it get's done.So to you other guy's I say don't wait call the hall and get rolling it only took us about 6 weeks to get it done now we wait.

LTU is in the same boat, we are so far ahead we got it done to fast we are now waiting on everyone else to catch up,so we dont lose anyone we are going to have another meeting explaining the next step,and to relax let national come in and work with the local presidents, LTU did it the old fashion way,no plan no nothing,worked for us.

They force a strike by not agreeing to the demands. Agreed it is a LONG way down the road to that. But these guys actually believe they will get two more weeks vacation, a pension, a $2 an hour raise and free medical. The company will not agree to that. And they do not have to. And the union cannot make them. They have to bargain in good faith. Not submit to your demands.

high speeds you have no idea. and furthermore the drivers in the right to work states better check there laws because in oklahoma which is a right to work state,meaning we have the right to work for what ever the company wants to pay, if they are not union they have no say in what we bargain for now thats in oklahoma,so if they dont like it tough,we may bargain for less and there is nothing you can do about it.BY the way as long as we are organizing no raise no nothing check the law so if it takes 2 years so be it,remember the 401 k deal forget it the raise forget it,we started organizing before they brought it up,if they wanna back date anything good luck, for me the quicker the better,but teamsters national is calling the ball not us so do what you gotta and so will we.

By the way we have plenty of proof we were already organizing,and Bruce Moss coming to Tulsa telling us how bad the union was is proof they knew we were organizing.so good luck on your raise.

By the way we have plenty of proof we were already organizing,and Bruce Moss coming to Tulsa telling us how bad the union was is proof they knew we were organizing.so good luck on your raise.

We have discussed this repeatedly. I am out of XCO. He was here as well. I can tell you for fact there is an organizational attept. I don't believe in it. Not even so much because of teamsters or contracts or whatever. But because I don't believe these drivers have any fight in them. When push comes to shove I feel they will fold. These guys can't be missing paychecks. And the company will defend itself. Simple and clear. We ain't all gonna pooping rainbows over this.

high speeds you have no idea. and furthermore the drivers in the right to work states better check there laws because in oklahoma which is a right to work state,meaning we have the right to work for what ever the company wants to pay, if they are not union they have no say in what we bargain for now thats in oklahoma,so if they dont like it tough,we may bargain for less and there is nothing you can do about it.BY the way as long as we are organizing no raise no nothing check the law so if it takes 2 years so be it,remember the 401 k deal forget it the raise forget it,we started organizing before they brought it up,if they wanna back date anything good luck, for me the quicker the better,but teamsters national is calling the ball not us so do what you gotta and so will we.

I have no idea. Great. I am every bit as informed as you are. Where does that come from??? 3rd grade ? I know something you don't know ! HA ! Okay. Well we are all grown ups. And we all have the same information. Some of us have different opinions.

Sorry guys! I know I said I was done, but just like the mob they keep pulling me back in. I have heard through the grapevine that some people missed me. I am touched by all the well wishes I have received from everyone. I am on medication now for my condition. Still not under control, but my doctor doesn't give me the evil eye when I come in. I have been in contact with our local and am fully engaged in our effort. There is some movement in our organizing effort and after talking with our local am more confident that they are getting more involved. Buckle up buttercup!!!! Things should start to pick up. WE NEED TO DO THIS! Any of you that work in a state that is "at will" need to wake up and understand what that means. This illusion that you somehow have any rights as an employee is a smokescreen! If any employer (including Conway) tells you you have rights they are lying. Don't take my word for it, google "At Will" to find out more. EDUCATE YOURSELF!!!! I AM NOT GOING TO LET THIS DIE !!!!!!!!

Sorry guys! I know I said I was done, but just like the mob they keep pulling me back in. I have heard through the grapevine that some people missed me. I am touched by all the well wishes I have received from everyone. I am on medication now for my condition. Still not under control, but my doctor doesn't give me the evil eye when I come in. I have been in contact with our local and am fully engaged in our effort. There is some movement in our organizing effort and after talking with our local am more confident that they are getting more involved. Buckle up buttercup!!!! Things should start to pick up. WE NEED TO DO THIS! Any of you that work in a state that is "at will" need to wake up and understand what that means. This illusion that you somehow have any rights as an employee is a smokescreen! If any employer (including Conway) tells you you have rights they are lying. Don't take my word for it, google "At Will" to find out more. EDUCATE YOURSELF!!!! I AM NOT GOING TO LET THIS DIE!!!!!!!!