XPO | Update on XCO

I would like to post, No I don't work for Con-Way, I in fact work for Holland. I do have family that works there, so I know little background about Con-Way's history, so bear with me. I know that you use to get IPC checks every year, that fell to the wayside many moons ago. Insurance & retirement changes all along (way b4 recession), different benefit package for new hires back in the late `90's, acquisition of CFI, the list goes on. Why do you suppose there are so many changes for us @ the union carriers, we no longer set the standard, it's only a matter of time when we all lose more.

Merdock
The resistance to organized labor at Con-Way started the first day CF funded the operation.
The world is just starting to see what power social media can have on a bottom line. I for one would not want to test the waters in this arena as the projection of a bad corporate citizen could have very negative effects that could never be overcome.
No you can not force a company to the table but you can sure do a corporate campaign this is one way that comes to mind. Their are others too.
Weather their are enough votes to push this latest uprising has yet to be seen. I do not think this movement will just go away ! As the laborers morale sinks the rise of the labor moment will flourish.
Company policy is just that " Company Policy" that prints a new page as the needed

I see your a C.L.S. Therapist you should have a very good business.
I for one know the sky is not falling but it has some major cracks in it.

Once again, I don't get it. This has been a good year. The direction of the company is toward improved employee engagement. Safety is gaining momentum to once again weigh balanced with operations. The pilot program locations show positive results in improving the company and it's relationship with employees. Monday there is a video on the new uniforms and an outstanding performance in turning around claims and freight damage. I ask again, what or where are the current events causing as you state "the laborers moral sinks the rise of the labor movement will flourish"?

Once again, I don't get it. This has been a good year. The direction of the company is toward improved employee engagement. Safety is gaining momentum to once again weigh balanced with operations. The pilot program locations show positive results in improving the company and it's relationship with employees. Monday there is a video on the new uniforms and an outstanding performance in turning around claims and freight damage. I ask again, what or where are the current events causing as you state "the laborers moral sinks the rise of the labor movement will flourish"?
hmmm.................how would u know about a future video,BUSTED,MANAGEMENTBOY,by the way even the #1 guy in our barn WANTS a union as do EVERYONE QUESTIONED

Your statement here is good news to the hard working people at Con-Way and is a very positive post as to what the management is doing to engage the employees work ethics and PRIDE. Maybe a little to late or a lack of communication would have some up in arms. I think what these people that want to organize, is more of a say in their work place,lower insurance costs,a retirement program that has substance and a pay raise. And that is a lot to swallow for both sides.

Speaking for myself Merdock, what sinks my morale is money, pure and simple. I like my job here at Conway BUT I would like to get a nice raise, I want my 401k match back NOW with the contributions to make up for the loss of a pension, and I want my vacation days back. Now I know your position about the vacation time, I say it was stolen and you say it was not so there is no point in discussing that. What say you to the financials. I agree with you that the company is turning a corner and that we are headed in the right direction so why on earth can't we have a freakin raise???? Why do the folks on top of the pile get to make more this year and the rest of us don't??? Why should any driver trust the folks who are running the show when at every turn, they get richer we get jack ::shit::. I am not talking about local management because I am reasonably satisfied with mine and from what I understand, they have gotten the shaft like the rest of us. I am talking about big fish, the players, those are the people that seem to me to be getting over on the rest of us.

trubador said:
Close minded everyone brings up yrc what about abc ups upsf its fine have your opinion and keep given them everyth in maybe they will let you pay them to come to work 26.06 an hour 53 a month for alot better insurance hum tough decision

Thats why if your going to do it do it right,dont let them put you in the Central States pension fund.Get your own seperate deal.Thats a game changer right there for some people.

I didn't start this thread as another debate thread. I apologize it turned into that. I was just trying to get a place that would be easy for people to find out what our status is here at XCO. A few terminals seem to be very interested. I will not be debating on this thread. I have made our message and intentions very, very clear in other threads. We are NOT changing our minds or the course of action we have decided to take. As long as I am on here we hope to have the signatures nessecary to trigger the vote by the end of next week. Mostly waiting to see what the local receives in the mail. One thing I hadn't devulged yet is that I am in direct phone contact with 3 other terminals that are putting together organizing efforts. I will post one way or the other how the effort is going. Even if we don't get the support we need. I would be glad to debate this topic on other threads, but will not be debating it on this thread. Strictly updates. Please remember that.

I didn't start this thread as another debate thread. I apologize it turned into that. I was just trying to get a place that would be easy for people to find out what our status is here at XCO. A few terminals seem to be very interested. I will not be debating on this thread. I have made our message and intentions very, very clear in other threads. We are NOT changing our minds or the course of action we have decided to take. As long as I am on here we hope to have the signatures nessecary to trigger the vote by the end of next week. Mostly waiting to see what the local receives in the mail. One thing I hadn't devulged yet is that I am in direct phone contact with 3 other terminals that are putting together organizing efforts. I will post one way or the other how the effort is going. Even if we don't get the support we need. I would be glad to debate this topic on other threads, but will not be debating it on this thread. Strictly updates. Please remember that.

No matter how or what you say it will turn into a debate. No apologies are needed .. you cant help what others want to say ... it is a hot issue.

This could get real interesting here in the future!
I know what my questions to the Teamsters would be. I would hate to see you Con-Way folks drug into a contract model made in the 50s. It need some major updating to be more in line with the times.

Wondering you could go and remove all the debate B.S. though so that those of us watching could get updates from nobody. But that's just my thought for what it's worth, being a Con-way employee it's usually not worth much ;)

No matter how or what you say it will turn into a debate. No apologies are needed .. you cant help what others want to say ... it is a hot issue.

update on ltu will be posted, mgmt in tulsa is well lets say dont care about the drivers, the drivers are more than fed up with all the lies and the broken promises of getting things done and if the ceo knew of the wasted money, he would probably take a nerve pill because he only knows what his people tell him - and they are not telliing him the whole truth tulsa mgmt and other terminals cost this area thousands and thousands of dollors due to miss mgmt and dont tell me well your just a driver what do you know well guess what we can add and subtact so teamsters what can you do for all of us thats fed up.and were not talking to mgmt anymore it falls on deaf ears.

hmmm.................how would u know about a future video,BUSTED,MANAGEMENTBOY,by the way even the #1 guy in our barn WANTS a union as do EVERYONE QUESTIONED

Chill out on the flaming, attack the subject of the posts, not the person posting it.

Let's seize the moment and move towards regaining our respect. Everyone has a valid point to there opinion andthat is great. I just think that getting pay,401k, and better benefits is something everyone should agree on,not to mention the fact of the stolen vacation. How much can you allow people to take away from your FAMILY before you stand up. I know for a fact no one is here for the pure enjoyement of truckn,we ars professionals working in a dangerous field and we deserve our benefits,I feel 4 going on five years of making less money is enough. I don't ***** when there's 8 inches of snow on the road and I have to plunge rite into it,why because its my job. So pay us what we our worth im sorry if some of you feel like you are worth less,but I feel enough is enough. Wake up and smell the diesel fumes we are worth more. Stand together take your testes out of your wives purse and man up,together we can make things a he'll of alot better. One stick break easy a bundle of sticks together not so easy to break.

let's see fedex just got a .72c raise and got401k back in jan,ups got a .45c raise,and get one every 6 months we haven't got a raise in 3 yrs,pay more for ins,vaca stolen,4011k lost,we're more skilled with sco and safestack,harsher policies and u don't know why morale is in the toilet?

slimestones said:
let's see fedex just got a .72c raise and got401k back in jan,ups got a .45c raise,and get one every 6 months we haven't got a raise in 3 yrs,pay more for ins,vaca stolen,4011k lost,we're more skilled with sco and safestack,harsher policies and u don't know why morale is in the toilet?

Well ups has a contract to uphold regarding hourly wages.

update on ltu will be posted, mgmt in tulsa is well lets say dont care about the drivers, the drivers are more than fed up with all the lies and the broken promises of getting things done and if the ceo knew of the wasted money, he would probably take a nerve pill because he only knows what his people tell him - and they are not telliing him the whole truth tulsa mgmt and other terminals cost this area thousands and thousands of dollors due to miss mgmt and dont tell me well your just a driver what do you know well guess what we can add and subtact so teamsters what can you do for all of us thats fed up.and were not talking to mgmt anymore it falls on deaf ears.

you talking about the winners? on the fac

I knew that's what your response would be, and I don't doubt you at all. There are probably lots of them. But, when it comes down to it and they could take a chance of losing their jobs when it's crunch time, let's see how many are standing with you.. Im just saying. If i'm wrong, well i'm wrong.

I hope what ever Local your working with is better than 406, because they suck in our area, it would be a waste of our time and money, Good Luck people!