TForce | UPGF hiring YRC Drivers is this right!!!!

That Sir is your opinion .Truth is we will be the highest paid freight drivers on the road .>>>>>>>>>>Now that being said there is a price to pay starting out .The contract we got while yes it is not NMF will suffice just fine for a first contract. Tell me in three years what you are making at Jack & jill.:biglaugh:

Easy JD. Show some compassion. If you were let go from here where would you go and what would you do? The YRC guys aren't any different than you, you just got lucky that UPS bought Overnite. Otherwise it might be you looking at that $14 wage and questioning whether or not it's worth it. It's a tough one to swallow and I feel sorry for all the YRC drivers who are looking at their mortgages and wives and trying to figure out what the best move will be. This could have just as easily have been you had UPS not bought Overnite. Count your blessings and spare everyone the gloating over what you'll be making in three years.

But the reality is that most of us are at Overnite/UPS Freight because we were let go or quit another LTL freight company. I came here damn near four years ago because the company I worked for closed their doors. I wasn't really prepared for it and wound up here barely getting two days of work a week. Now I'm full scale, once again, and have paid my dues. Heck, I'm still paying them. I welcome all YRC drivers and look forward to having their experience working for us. We're likely to hire the best of the best whether YRC closes their doors or not. They're downsizing and there is an abundance of skilled, experienced drivers on the market today. I just wish we could have done better with our contract in terms of starting pay for them.

As for the hiring of drivers while we have people on layoff, that is strictly a transfer issue. No terminal with drivers on layoff is hiring. I know transfers aren't typical in a teamster environment, but based on past practice, Overnite was quite generous in that regard. Hopefully we can prevail on that one in the grievance hearings.

Easy JD. Show some compassion. If you were let go from here where would you go and what would you do? The YRC guys aren't any different than you, you just got lucky that UPS bought Overnite. Otherwise it might be you looking at that $14 wage and questioning whether or not it's worth it. It's a tough one to swallow and I feel sorry for all the YRC drivers who are looking at their mortgages and wives and trying to figure out what the best move will be. This could have just as easily have been you had UPS not bought Overnite. Count your blessings and spare everyone the gloating over what you'll be making in three years.

But the reality is that most of us are at Overnite/UPS Freight because we were let go or quit another LTL freight company. I came here damn near four years ago because the company I worked for closed their doors. I wasn't really prepared for it and wound up here barely getting two days of work a week. Now I'm full scale, once again, and have paid my dues. Heck, I'm still paying them. I welcome all YRC drivers and look forward to having their experience working for us. We're likely to hire the best of the best whether YRC closes their doors or not. They're downsizing and there is an abundance of skilled, experienced drivers on the market today. I just wish we could have done better with our contract in terms of starting pay for them.

As for the hiring of drivers while we have people on layoff, that is strictly a transfer issue. No terminal with drivers on layoff is hiring. I know transfers aren't typical in a teamster environment, but based on past practice, Overnite was quite generous in that regard. Hopefully we can prevail on that one in the grievance hearings.

I was simply making a comment about quitting this job because they wanted him to shave . That is a bad decision.As far as hiring YRC employees these are my brothers and all are welcome at my barn. PS Completely read my post and understand it .As to spare everyone your condescending long winded holier than thou speech. J/O Luck has nothing to do with were I am at.

The contract at UPSF is beyond bad it is down right awful. We are stuck with it for 4 more years.

Many of us tried to tell people this, but we were screamed down by the ones who have been wanting union at O for years, "if you vote no it will mean you vote to strike", remember that?

I will admit that I looked into taking a job at UPS Freight. Doing my homework and finding out that you have to pay dues,on top of health benefits,which you do not have to in a NMFA contract. The biggest kicker of all is the pension. Their is none from the company if you do not contribute . It is a 401k.You do not contribute then o'well there is no retirement. Of course UPS would go for this contract there is no Employer Withdrawl Fund Liability like in NMFA. This whole contract benefits people at Overnite who put up with crap . This is a two tier contract plain and simple.They throw big $$$$ up for the contract with plenty of poor language in the contract that benefits the Company. I am glad I avoided this and left freight all together. Yes it is wrong to be hiring outside of the box if your fellow workers are on a LOL and the such.

I will admit that I looked into taking a job at UPS Freight. Doing my homework and finding out that you have to pay dues,on top of health benefits,which you do not have to in a NMFA contract. The biggest kicker of all is the pension. Their is none from the company if you do not contribute . It is a 401k.You do not contribute then o'well there is no retirement. Of course UPS would go for this contract there is no Employer Withdrawl Fund Liability like in NMFA. This whole contract benefits people at Overnite who put up with crap . This is a two tier contract plain and simple.They throw big $$$$ up for the contract with plenty of poor language in the contract that benefits the Company. I am glad I avoided this and left freight all together. Yes it is wrong to be hiring outside of the box if your fellow workers are on a LOL and the such.

Number one, Do you think the NMFA will be as strong or even be around next vote? Think about that.
Number 2, Are you saying we have no pension? You said "oh well theres no retirement" I think you'd better do a little more reading next time, because it sounds like you just grazed over our benefits, and made a rush decision without all the facts, or you were listening to someone that didnt know what they were talking about and took it for truth.

Either way good luck with you're new career, hope you read over your application as thorough, did the job decription say walmart greeter?:nutkick:

Number one, Do you think the NMFA will be as strong or even be around next vote? Think about that.
Number 2, Are you saying we have no pension? You said "oh well theres no retirement" I think you'd better do a little more reading next time, because it sounds like you just grazed over our benefits, and made a rush decision without all the facts, or you were listening to someone that didnt know what they were talking about and took it for truth.

Either way good luck with you're new career, hope you read over your application as thorough, did the job decription say walmart greeter?:nutkick:
Well before you start bashing my choice not to work at your beloved "brown". I talked to freight drivers and got their opinion on the pros and conjust like any job. Read the contract book and went from there. I left freight after 14 years and decided enough was enough,and no it was not walmart .My papers came through to become a career fireman and go from there so enjoy your freight peddling.

Well before you start bashing my choice not to work at your beloved "brown". I talked to freight drivers and got their opinion on the pros and conjust like any job. Read the contract book and went from there. I left freight after 14 years and decided enough was enough,and no it was not walmart .My papers came through to become a career fireman and go from there so enjoy your freight peddling.

Yeah but you must have got half or bad info, we have a retirement. So you must not have looked into it very well. And to come here and act like it was our contract that turned you from "freight peddling" to difficulty breathing, and cat stuck in a tree calls. You made your decision long before skimming over our contract and listening to driver talk.

Good luck anyway with your new career, depending where you live, the furloughs might be coming.

Yeah but you must have got half or bad info, we have a retirement. So you must not have looked into it very well. And to come here and act like it was our contract that turned you from "freight peddling" to difficulty breathing, and cat stuck in a tree calls. You made your decision long before skimming over our contract and listening to driver talk.

Good luck anyway with your new career, depending where you live, the furloughs might be coming.

Steve5 thanks for the career counseling speech. You never know when a LOL might come . It is what it is,and for me public service is my new calling.Good luck peddling your freight and helping build UPS Freight to potentially unseating YRC,Fedex,Saia to be #1 in trucking

I was simply making a comment about quitting this job because they wanted him to shave . That is a bad decision.As far as hiring YRC employees these are my brothers and all are welcome at my barn. PS Completely read my post and understand it .As to spare everyone your condescending long winded holier than thou speech. J/O Luck has nothing to do with were I am at.

You did more than make a 'comment', :biglaugh: :biglaugh::biglaugh: so spare me your short winded excuse. You got lucky that UPS bought Overnite. They could have just as easily bought another freight company and then THAT company would have gotten the contract that we got.

Steve5 thanks for the career counseling speech. You never know when a LOL might come . It is what it is,and for me public service is my new calling.Good luck peddling your freight and helping build UPS Freight to potentially unseating YRC,Fedex,Saia to be #1 in trucking
Well, Ok.

On a lighter note, watch out for Dog Food in the spaghetti when you're at the station bunkhouse. But if you do find some, you to may try to sue the dept for 3 mil. The taxpayers will appreciate it!:biglaugh:

You are a typical ball breaking road driver HA HA. Maybe you should have gone into standup comedy. Anyway enjoy the road and hooking your own sets !!!! Have a good life!!!!

You are a typical ball breaking road driver HA HA. Maybe you should have gone into standup comedy. Anyway enjoy the road and hooking your own sets !!!! Have a good life!!!!

Lifes too short to be serious about everything, right?

A question for you....are you going to be the fireman that does the minimum, drags the hoses, stands/waits around while the ambulance drivers go to work, slaps a sticker on the back window of his car and calls himself a fireman, or will you take your new career seriously, and become a paramedic, or at least an EMT?

Just more ball breaking from a driver that never made it in stand up.

Lifes too short to be serious about everything, right?

A question for you....are you going to be the fireman that does the minimum, drags the hoses, stands/waits around while the ambulance drivers go to work, slaps a sticker on the back window of his car and calls himself a fireman, or will you take your new career seriously, and become a paramedic, or at least an EMT?

Just more ball breaking from a driver that never made it in stand up.
There are plenty of stupid things posted on these boards, but I believe this one takes the cake.

Fireman are just as necessary as Paramedics and EMT's.
It is apples to oranges in comparison.

You should just agree to disagree and end your ridiculous rant.

There are plenty of stupid things posted on these boards, but I believe this one takes the cake.

Fireman are just as necessary as Paramedics and EMT's.
It is apples to oranges in comparison.

You should just agree to disagree and end your ridiculous rant.

Dang it glad, quit spoiling my fun.

Can't you see im trying to give this guy a hard time, an that im jealous that he gets to leave driving behind, to pursue a worthwhile career?

Sheesh

Dang it glad, quit spoiling my fun.

Can't you see im trying to give this guy a hard time, an that im jealous that he gets to leave driving behind, to pursue a worthwhile career?

Sheesh
It is fine to bust a guys balls, but you also implied that being a fireman is somehow less important than a paramedic or EMT.

I am none of the above, but just found it unnecessary.

It is fine to bust a guys balls, but you also implied that being a fireman is somehow less important than a paramedic or EMT.

I am none of the above, but just found it unnecessary.
Glad, i didnt imply it, i said it.

Anyway, i will stop my unnecessary ball breaking.

You did more than make a 'comment', :biglaugh: :biglaugh::biglaugh: so spare me your short winded excuse. You got lucky that UPS bought Overnite. They could have just as easily bought another freight company and then THAT company would have gotten the contract that we got.

I didnt offer you anything . So exactey what is your point .Do you want A brownie point for stating the obvious.J/O:nutkick: