TForce | UPGF hiring YRC Drivers is this right!!!!

Wow thread this got out of hand rather quickly. Anyway about the contract. Its not a great one and I think its a bad one but it is a contract and its a start. Also someone mentioned there wasn't a pension. Yes there is.

Oh and just some information here. Some Fireman are paramedics. They need to be since they answer the 911 calls and get there first. They send the paramedic fire unit where its needed.

Wow thread this got out of hand rather quickly. Anyway about the contract. Its not a great one and I think its a bad one but it is a contract and its a start. Also someone mentioned there wasn't a pension. Yes there is.

It sure did get :Off-Topic:

• Keep this on topic. :ontopic:
  • Stop with the childish name calling.

I don't know what that means. I just gave my 2 cents. J/O!:nutkick:just kidding, M/F.

It could mean a bunch of things, but I looked it up in the slang dictionary once you posted what you thought it meant. It seems to be what was implied. If not, my apologies.

I'm also reminding everyone know now, before we start making personal insults towards one another if we disagree.

Well being a new hire, and a laid off yrc employee.......... I was looking at your contract, but I didn't see any language in there to prevent this. The NMFA has language protecting the laid off people. I don't agree with hiring if people are laid off, those people should go back to work first no questions. But with that being said, remember this I was making 22.72 before I got laid off now I'm back to $14.63 for 45 working days, then 15.68, and no paid sick days, no paid holidays for the first year, that's right under your contract, I won't get holiday pay until 7/4/10. While I'm rambleing let's not forget the lying TM who said I'd start between 10 & 12 everyday start peddaling in the city, 5-6 hrs, come back and work the dock, and run a set to harrisburg. I've operated 3 pieces of USP equipment so far, a forkift, a broom, and a shovel. I'm thankful to have a job, but had I know all this I think I'd have passed.
Did they make you resign from YRC before hiring you?BTW I am a laid off YRC employee And dont think its right to hire anyone before laid off people have a shot.

I think its just fine they hired me here in SLC UT there is no one on a lay off here. And I hope to make this place home for a long time.

Did they make you resign from YRC before hiring you?BTW I am a laid off YRC employee And dont think its right to hire anyone before laid off people have a shot.

No I didn't have to resign, from yellow. As far as I know no one was laid off when I was hired, as well. I agree completely that the laid off people should be back before any new hires.

At my barn, they brought back the laid off workers.
Since than, we have hired 6 YRC drivers and are about to hire 3 more from both YRC and ABF. (Reasons ranging from being laid off with 8-10 year seniority and jumping ship.)

We are getting busier and busier.

They can't hire off the street unless all laid off are called back. isn't that in the contract? Just checking..........

They can't hire off the street unless all laid off are called back. isn't that in the contract? Just checking..........

This has come up repeatedly during this thread, does anyone know of any case of new drivers being hired while drivers from that terminal are laid off?

If a terminal has job opening, as many do, I would rather see them hire laid off teamsters. We may need this courtesy ourselves someday.

The problem of not being able to transfer from a slow terminal to a busy one is a different issue. Then we have to figure out how to protect the seniority of the drivers at that terminal or how to protect the seniority of the transferring drivers.

We filed a on that issue and won so your steward should in force the contract no new full time hires until lay offs and bump downs are back.

There is no transfer policy at UPSGF, if there is an opening at another terminal you have to quit your job and start at the new terminal as a new hire(good luck with that). We at the terminal located between Columbus and Harrisburg (guess who) were offered the chance to go to Toledo(Whoopee) or Harrisburg(No Chance) and dovetail in. The transfer policy needs to be addressed by the Union (fat chance). No new drivers should be hired until all regular drivers are back to work full time.