TForce | UPGF hiring YRC Drivers is this right!!!!

There is no transfer policy at UPSGF, if there is an opening at another terminal you have to quit your job and start at the new terminal as a new hire(good luck with that). We at the terminal located between Columbus and Harrisburg (guess who) were offered the chance to go to Toledo(Whoopee) or Harrisburg(No Chance) and dovetail in. The transfer policy needs to be addressed by the Union (fat chance). No new drivers should be hired until all regular drivers are back to work full time.

So what should the policy be? If you have openings at your terminal and drivers are allowed to transfer in should they loose their seniority? What if they are called back at the original terminal, should they loose all seniority if they transfer back?

Should all hiring be put on hold until a policy that everyone agrees with is put in place?

So what should the policy be? If you have openings at your terminal and drivers are allowed to transfer in should they loose their seniority? What if they are called back at the original terminal, should they loose all seniority if they transfer back?

Should all hiring be put on hold until a policy that everyone agrees with is put in place?

Just my opinion. I think the policy should be if a laid off guy wants to transfer to a terminal that is hiring then they should be able to do so. It would be nice to keep seniority but if not its better than not working. if your old terminal calls you back then you should have the option of going back with your seniority at that terminal.

I think all off the street hiring should be put on hold until they figure this out. It would give them a reason to figure it out faster.

My case of course we would not go back since we want to transfer out of state across the country. But its too scary out there to have to quit this place and try to hire on a different barn. Too many what ifs.

Just my opinion. .....

I think all off the street hiring should be put on hold until they figure this out. It would give them a reason to figure it out faster. ......

In the companies opinion, they have figured it out. They took care of any seniority issues by getting rid of transfers except to follow work. If we want the Union to negotiate an agreement on this we have to decide what to do when you have more than one local at a terminal or what to do if you want to transfer to a non-union terminal. It is going to be hard to get a policy that will make all the drivers happy.

We are still working as individual terminals, each has its own version of the contract. Some terminals are not Union and go by another set of rules. The no transfer policy is the only thing I see that gives one policy for the whole company.

This could take a long time to find a policy that would cover everything.

In the companies opinion, they have figured it out. They took care of any seniority issues by getting rid of transfers except to follow work. If we want the Union to negotiate an agreement on this we have to decide what to do when you have more than one local at a terminal or what to do if you want to transfer to a non-union terminal. It is going to be hard to get a policy that will make all the drivers happy.

We are still working as individual terminals, each has its own version of the contract. Some terminals are not Union and go by another set of rules. The no transfer policy is the only thing I see that gives one policy for the whole company.

This could take a long time to find a policy that would cover everything.

Yeah it is a bit of a mess and will take forever to figure out I guess. Its a bummer since so many laid off could be working. Oh well we will just have to wait it out. I'm hanging in there.

KNow the facts

Dear Get paid

I enjoy reading issues that get posted and the one doing the posting does not know the facts. Drivers were permit to transfer into TOL and this included the ones from PTG that lost positions when the work was moved from PTG to TOL. 11drivers to be exact. Since no one chose to follow the work they had to hire from the outside for the drivers. And since the YRC drivers were looking for work they got the jobs.

Dear Get paid

I enjoy reading issues that get posted and the one doing the posting does not know the facts. Drivers were permit to transfer into TOL and this included the ones from PTG that lost positions when the work was moved from PTG to TOL. 11drivers to be exact. Since no one chose to follow the work they had to hire from the outside for the drivers. And since the YRC drivers were looking for work they got the jobs.
I do believe he knows that since he said
...were offered the chance to go to Toledo(Whoopee) or Harrisburg(No Chance) and dovetail in
I took from that that he had no interest in following the work to either terminal and would rather be able to transfer to a terminal of his choosing.

Dear Get paid

Transferring due to a merge or work being moved and transferring otherwise are two totally different subject. This transfer discussion at least on my part has nothing to due with transferring due to a merge or work being moved.