TForce | UPGF Where are we GOING?

you overnite drivers should be embrassed by pulling this junk equipment around for the world to see. This company called upsfreight is pathetic, how can ups allow this to happen. Doesn't ups have any pride? We are the laughing stock of the motoring public and all ltl freight carriers and rightfully so.....upsfreight is just the gypo division of ups. what a disgrace to the employees and our customers.

You would make a good stranger.

I like what you did, throw some comedy into the mix, very nice. I know no one believes Buster is afraid of any thing, or that there's a group that wants to be a union yet the main guys havn't even been stewards. Belive me UPS would rather deal with the so called APWA than with the Teamsters. Thank you for the comic relief, keep it coming.

I work for UPSF, and appearently you people have not been eyeing the poles, I do not work for yellow, ABF, or any other union outfit.

Now too say I will be better off with the APWA in your opinion, is nothing more then your opinion, and they are just like Rectums , everybody has one.

I choose to justify my stance with a credible argument.

And as far as I am concearned sir, you do not have one, nor has the APWA ever had a credible stance or argument.

If this contract opposes MEPF, and sustains it's current MGNT, in a joint venture with the Teamsters , which is not out of the realm of thought, then I guess you will be the one with egg on your face. Most terminals here in the northeast have sighned cards so we can see the outcome of this contract, if the locals do not know the details ,how can you.

Stop rediculling the Teamsters on this board, for the most part, they have been most helpfull, and encouraging to the bulk of consistant posters on this UPSF board.

I get the impression you are in favor of tarot card reading, for the most part there has been no credible mention of anything including the pention and what kind of pention it will be wether MEPF, OR SEPF, bennies ,work rules, in the Indianapolis soon to be contract. I hope.

Now I find it hard to believe that the APWA can manage my pention better then UPS, everything UPS touch's turns to gold, and I feel there will be more failure in future votes for the APWA, not tarot cards, but a feeling.

If you want them good luck but as STLDUDE has said, it will be a fat chance, instead of guessing, ask those on this board why they shot down the APWA. Instead of jumping to conclusions.

I am not a supporter of iether union, in practice, but if I had too make a choice the Teamsters is the only practical one.

I work for UPSF, and appearently you people have not been eyeing the poles, I do not work for yellow, ABF, or any other union outfit.

Now too say I will be better off with the APWA in your opinion, is nothing more then your opinion, and they are just like Rectums , everybody has one.

I choose to justify my stance with a credible argument.

And as far as I am concearned sir, you do not have one, nor has the APWA ever had a credible stance or argument.

If this contract opposes MEPF, and sustains it's current MGNT, in a joint venture with the Teamsters , which is not out of the realm of thought, then I guess you will be the one with egg on your face. Most terminals here in the northeast have sighned cards so we can see the outcome of this contract, if the locals do not know the details ,how can you.

Stop rediculling the Teamsters on this board, for the most part, they have been most helpfull, and encouraging to the bulk of consistant posters on this UPSF board.

I get the impression you are in favor of tarot card reading, for the most part there has been no credible mention of anything including the pention and what kind of pention it will be wether MEPF, OR SEPF, bennies ,work rules, in the Indianapolis soon to be contract. I hope.

Now I find it hard to believe that the APWA can manage my pention better then UPS, everything UPS touch's turns to gold, and I feel there will be more failure in future votes for the APWA, not tarot cards, but a feeling.

If you want them good luck but as STLDUDE has said, it will be a fat chance, instead of guessing, ask those on this board why they shot down the APWA. Instead of jumping to conclusions.

I am not a supporter of iether union, in practice, but if I had too make a choice the Teamsters is the only practical one.

Your really off base with me. I was being sarcastic about the APWA. Re read my post. I'm a proud 26 year Teamster and feeder driver. After you guys become Teamsters you should become a supporter.

Your really off base with me. I was being sarcastic about the APWA. Re read my post. I'm a proud 26 year Teamster and feeder driver. After you guys become Teamsters you should become a supporter.

Sorry I actually wanted to quote HRS-SLV I do not know why I quoted you.:chairshot:

Get their eyes checked? Everybody with 2 eyes look under this guys username! YELLOW FREIGHT RELOCATER, Let's all go out and sign teamster cards to sweeten stldude44's teamster pension!

Hrs slave you dont no the fitst thing about a union.That is crystal clear in the language you use. STLDUDE44 may have came from yellow does not mean if we join the teamsters more money will go into his pension. LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR if the person has been OUT of the teamsters work force for 5 years they would have to start over. They would not be any different then you or I.

The teamsters been around 100 years, so they were a good union 70 years ago the last 30 they have probaly been in the companys hip pocket just like all other labor unions.

This statement is calling the kettle black.Thou shall not steal." Working people who take union wages expecting their co-workers to foot the bill are stealing from their co-workers. Ask Van and Danny of the APWA. They are riding on the back of every teamster out there.
Why's UPS so scared of the APWA? Will not have a nice commit for this ---------

Maybe because they are not in their hip pockets!What's the teamsters going to do about all the subs&independents in HRS? Van S. said at the last APWA meeting there would be none if the APWA get's in.

If you believe that statement then --
With “friends” like these, workers don’t need enemies. Only goes to show UPS and the world these to *** dont no what they are speaking of when it comes to the freight buisness.

The teamsters would never ask UPS this,because it would not be in UPS"s best interest, UPS is the hand that feed's the teamster's and ups know's this.You Have NO clue on how to operate a company.

APWA IS THE BETTER WAY!!!!
:hysterical: :chairshot: I guess you will be picking up cans along the road when the APWA becomes your voice in the workplace so you will be able to have some pension money.

How strong can this other labor organizing wannabe,be?
Nobody around where I'm from knows anything about them?

Everyone knows about the Teamsters wherever you go,but these other guys seem to be very obscure,they seem to be a tad hidden in the shadows of established organized labor unions.

In my opinion I don't think their big enough to be able to afford to lose to many elections?

How strong can this other labor organizing wannabe,be?
Nobody around where I'm from knows anything about them?

Everyone knows about the Teamsters wherever you go,but these other guys seem to be very obscure,they seem to be a tad hidden in the shadows of established organized labor unions.

In my opinion I don't think their big enough to be able to afford to lose to many elections?

I would say the apwa&teamsters are not worried about the RCH barn.Very small barn.When you say TEAMSTER to somebody probaly the first thing to come to most people's minds is crooks:nutkick:.Most organized labor unions do little for their workers,now a days. I think by the support on the parcel side you have'nt heard the last of the apwa by a long shot.GOOD THINGS TAKE TIME!!!!:funky:

When I think about the apwa, which is seldom unless I need a good laugh, I think of 2 clowns who don't pay Union dues, a few lost souls who have been duped into giving the clowns money, and a Union busting lawyer......sounds like a real Union to me. Oh yeah, while I'm laughing I think of that azzwhoopin' they took in KC. Geez, where on earth will they put the Midwest Pod at now? LOL!

I would say the apwa&teamsters are not worried about the RCH barn.Very small barn.When you say TEAMSTER to somebody probaly the first thing to come to most people's minds is crooks:nutkick:.Most organized labor unions do little for their workers,now a days. I think by the support on the parcel side you have'nt heard the last of the apwa by a long shot.GOOD THINGS TAKE TIME!!!!:funky:

It seems to me that you had thought differently after our long discussion in the chatroom last week. Where are you getting this information that has led you to beleive that Teamsters are crooks and do nothing for their members? Last I looked, APWA was run by 2 dissenting Teamster members that don't pay dues but still get representation by their local. And by the way, they still expect to collect a Teamster Pension. How's that for irony?? Yet these same people, along with their union busting lawyer want you to send them money. It's good to see guys like Accelerator, Apostolic, and Gladtobeupsf get the point along with their fellow KC workers, that the APWA is nothing more than a bag full of wind. I have one simple question for you.
How much can you trust a union that has a lawyer with a history of union busting?
How long before you think he busts the APWA?
Sorry, that was 2 questions.:hide:

Yo Accelerator those nickle deposit cans,and bottels add up.
The only thing is its a total hassel cashing them in.

I will crush them independentky for you, one can at a time for 1 cent of the five. Plus all the beer I can drink...copy!

No way friend I would have to fly you down to my town,then pick you up and bring you to my house for you to process my returns.
The transportation cost would be much more then I'd get to cash my containers in.

Our I could ship my returns to you,but then if you get drunk during the crushing process how would I know you won't keep all the container return money to yourself,forgetting where they came from?

Well serta,thanks for the offer to help me with my returns.
I think I will just have to keep popping them into the return crushing machine one by one at my local grocery store,reaping the total reward for my hard work.

yeah whatever happened to the fully funded pension the top brass at Overnite was always bragging about when the Teamsters were leanning on them?

On the issue of need a union.
Why do we need a union?
Up to now we've still remained a non-union company,as long as we do our work the way UPS wants us to,why would we have any worrys?

Go to the Roadway,and some other forums on this truckingboard,and read some of the posts of what the Teamster companies are pulling on their workers.

I don't hear any horor storys of any of the UPS Freight workers being kicked to the curb so far.

Plus look whats going on with this latest organizing effort.

What is going on with it?
Thats what I'd like to know.

I'm a firm believer in doing your best job,getting your paycheck,and enjoying your time off.

I don't worry about things that are not in my control,whats the point,its just a waste of time.

As far as our pension goes????

When I'm ready to retire in a year,and a half I hope its there for me,thats all I know!!
--------------------------------------------
Do my best? Do my job? What is my job? I have to initial my own trip cards, I have to make sure my dispatcher punches my trip card, If I dont do this my pay will be garnished and I will be written up. What the @#$@#$ is up with that.

Since when do I have to tell my boss what to do and if he dont I get in trouble for it. What kind of company is this to treat its people this way. We have no one to go to for help to stop this stupidity from our leaders.

We need a union and fast, so that I can do my job. I will do my job and I will do it to the best of my ability. I dont need to be given, do this or else, I am not a child.

UPS and Teamsters work as one, the two are joined at the hip and will do anything they can to keep themselves together.

HRS - SLAVE, If good things take time, and if you are an APWA supporter, then you can honestly admit that the APWA has no credible argument in what they call to be the good fight. If they do come forth with one, and it seems realistic, then I may consider a swaying vote if it is backed by proof.

Let us draw a hyperthetical here, lets say for example that the new HYBRID TEAMSTER CONTRACT FOR UPSF, contains a SEPF ( single employer pention fund) with a joint venture in management between UPS and the Temsters, which is all your argument is based on and the APWA , would you not sighn for this contract, if UPS gaurantees in the pention what the APWA has offered and solidarity, along with the additional bennies in health and werlfare from the NMFA ( National Master Freight Agreement) Would you not sighn on the dotted line for this agreement?

I would ,and why you may ask . We already have most of what most call the "Industry Standard", and as far as I am concearned it is underinflated, but that is a whole seperate argument. I would be more than happy to have just the protection from the Teamster's based on some of the flawed practices by MGNT. and what little protection I can get from this ,I feel I should have considering there is a local in my back door, and it is certainly without doubt more then what I currently get now.

Which brings me too this credible argument, If there is a greivance to be fought here in the north, and both dan, van, and the union busting lawyer are in the south, how long of a greivance session must I look forward to until a local is established in this neck of the woods? And who's monies are they going to use too help me fight the good fight ,OURS which could be quite costly for our paying members. I see you are infavor of a union, I am sure you do not believe as well as others on this board that we as a company is being managed fairly, so I would assume a greivance process could be used by a good portion of people across the country, who will be paying for this? US.

As opposed to an already established union, in all areas of the US, now I feel the start up costs for this so called union are and is in my opinion underinflated, in respect to what they have put in wrighting for us to see. Not even a good publication with effort I may add.

Dan and van had given us some paraphanailia to look at on these boards ,by numerous kind UPSF personnell, and for thier generosity ,I am thankfull that someone gave me the oppertunity too look at what they had too say, but what I have seen ,is more of an mudslinging contest directed to the Teamsters ,and very little help and credibility that could possibly help us as an entity.

In other words they need to sell this want to be union, too us with credibility, and they have not done this. Forget about the teamsters and tell us a little about yourself. We must look at the big picture, and all they are putting emphises in, is what the Teamsters are not currently doing, I know this, tell me what you can do for me and back it up with credibility, and tell un honestly, what the start up cost's for this union will truely be, do not say one thing, then after the vote tell us something else, at that point they are no better then the entity they accuse of doing the same, and by that time it's too late. At least with the Teamsters I know what I am up against.

--------------------------------------------
Do my best? Do my job? What is my job? I have to initial my own trip cards, I have to make sure my dispatcher punches my trip card, If I dont do this my pay will be garnished and I will be written up. What the @#$@#$ is up with that.

Since when do I have to tell my boss what to do and if he dont I get in trouble for it. What kind of company is this to treat its people this way. We have no one to go to for help to stop this stupidity from our leaders.

We need a union and fast, so that I can do my job. I will do my job and I will do it to the best of my ability. I dont need to be given, do this or else, I am not a child.

Knowing this, and I agree with your comment by the way, if we do go Teamsters and we do not hold thier feet to the flame, and use tools like trucking boards to communicate amungst ourselves then shame on us. We are equally to blame as the union at that point.