TForce | UPGF Where are we GOING?

well said. Me and you might get along yet.I was behind 2 rails at the light to go out to I-81 last week when I passed them indepedents were pulling them.Now covenant is in there pulling some CA points. They loaded a couple of pups for SLC this week. That's afirst in about 3 months mainly that get's sent out through CRST,Interstate or rail, keep in mind over 100,000lbs. a freight a day gets loaded through SLC.This makes me sick, I'm just a dockworker but I know SH## rolls down hill.

So you are a dock worker in PA and you know all this about all these terminals.....How is that????? I run into the hub in SLC and you are right and we complained about the contractors and they just moved on to Interstate and CRST......But I still see 3 or 4 a week and it is usually on Friday night......And SLC is always asking if I want to take off so their drivers can cover for me.....That seems a little a$$nine to me just make the freaking gypos sit until the board is exhausted...It is as much the local dispatchers as it is central ot the company.....NO ONE WANTS TO USE THEIR HEAD.......They are afraid they will get their pee-pee slapped.....And here sits the employee wondering do I have a job or not? Am I full time or just the throw away driver to be used in case of an emergency??????

Sorry I actually wanted to quote HRS-SLV I do not know why I quoted you.:chairshot:

Moron( meant in a purely entertainment sort of way...Nothing harmful meant, take lightly with a cup of tea).....Get all wound up and let loose on th wrong person....Too much coffee driver ease away and take a breath!!!! By the way that was freakin funny!!!!!!!!!!!

So you are a dock worker in PA and you know all this about all these terminals.....How is that????? I run into the hub in SLC and you are right and we complained about the contractors and they just moved on to Interstate and CRST......But I still see 3 or 4 a week and it is usually on Friday night......And SLC is always asking if I want to take off so their drivers can cover for me.....That seems a little a$$nine to me just make the freaking gypos sit until the board is exhausted...It is as much the local dispatchers as it is central ot the company.....NO ONE WANTS TO USE THEIR HEAD.......They are afraid they will get their pee-pee slapped.....And here sits the employee wondering do I have a job or not? Am I full time or just the throw away driver to be used in case of an emergency??????

We better get use to it. Contract carriers are here to stay. Even if we have to down size our line haul board. Which it sure seems to me that is what they are doing.
It's not just us it is happening to other companies to.:hide:

I would say the apwa&teamsters are not worried about the RCH barn.Very small barn.When you say TEAMSTER to somebody probaly the first thing to come to most people's minds is crooks:nutkick:.Most organized labor unions do little for their workers,now a days. I think by the support on the parcel side you have'nt heard the last of the apwa by a long shot.GOOD THINGS TAKE TIME!!!!:funky:

The small terminals are the ones that will be over looked...And that sucks because we have as much to do with the CRAP that is going on as any one else......We will just be side notes......30 or so really big hubs and 250 or so little ones but hey only the big ones count .....I'm bitter, I need to see my therapist!!!!!

Knowing this, and I agree with your comment by the way, if we do go Teamsters and we do not hold thier feet to the flame, and use tools like trucking boards to communicate amungst ourselves then shame on us. We are equally to blame as the union at that point.

That is what is all about with or without a union.....Take care of each other and stand up for what you beleive in.....Too many people ony think about themselves and don't understnd why things fall down around them.....Hell I don't like a lot of people but watching someone being mistreated is wrong....

We better get use to it. Contract carriers are here to stay. Even if we have to down size our line haul board. Which it sure seems to me that is what they are doing.

I agree with ya!!!!! I don't understand though because they are always late and SLC hates dealing with them but yet it is better????? Man where is my glasses so I can see the big picture???????

Contract truckers,or trains,whats the difference?
When I get stuck waiting at a rail road crossing I see long trains with a lot of LTL boxes,vans,and pups.
Each van,as well as ever two pups is a company driver that isn't hauling them.

So what can you do?
All companies do whatever they can get away with, operating their business.

Be thankful for what you have,and don't spend any time worring about things you have no control over.
This is my advice,take it or leave it,its totally your choice my truckingboard friends.

Moron( meant in a purely entertainment sort of way...Nothing harmful meant, take lightly with a cup of tea).....Get all wound up and let loose on th wrong person....Too much coffee driver ease away and take a breath!!!! By the way that was freakin funny!!!!!!!!!!!

Moron :hysterical: :hysterical: I know, I know, I am sorry.take lightly with a cup of tea.:hysterical: :hysterical: now that is good.

I've seen the downsizing of the linehaul board first hand this weekend. Runs that had retiring drivers, were cut.

We have less drivers and less runs now.

We know these contractors aren't making any better service time. The other day we passed this contractor on I84W. He was heading to FON. Driver had to be going 60mph. As soon as we passed him he got all excited and started to show us how big his motor was. This a run our sleeper teams used to do.

We know these contractors aren't making any better service time. The other day we passed this contractor on I84W. He was heading to FON. Driver had to be going 60mph. As soon as we passed him he got all excited and started to show us how big his motor was. This a run our sleeper teams used to do.

Maybe he was going slow so he could see the low wires.:biglaugh:After all it is a chargable to take the wires down..

Maybe he was going slow so he could see the low wires.:biglaugh:After all it is a chargable to take the wires down..

That is if he can read english to understand that it is chargable........Oh thats right they don't have to follow the same rules that we do......Wore shorts and shirts.....And flip flops on the dock....Man what a freaikin joke!!!!!

If he was an owner operator he may of had his supper cooking in the sleeper compartment,and he had to take it easy?

A lot of those shinny wheel operations have their drivers living in their tractors.
With the big payments,operating costs,and insurance they can't afford to have anything else.

Well, the contract is out now, what does everybody think? I heard the IBT want's to take away from YRC, so they can compete with UPGF. Do you horseheads need the APWA yet? Or do you all still have your heads up your a**

Well, the contract is out now, what does everybody think? I heard the IBT want's to take away from YRC, so they can compete with UPGF. Do you horseheads need the APWA yet? Or do you all still have your heads up your a**

Where is the contract I would like to read it.:1036316054:

Where is the contract I would like to read it.:1036316054: