XPO | Ups buying XPO

Actually reality is that if UPS wanted to dump Their freight division, this past contract negotiations would have been the perfect time, but UPS chose to keep their freight division. My guess is that they want their freight division to be apart of their portfolio.

Wrong. They chose the price at which they were willing to keep their freight division. The rank and file decided they were willing to work for that price.

Okay. I hate this. I really, really hate this. But I am hearing awfully loud whispers that this pile of garbage got bought up by UPS. It's not the same old loud mouths saying it any more. Has any one else out there heard anything ?

It almost makes sense. A profitable but debt laden company in a tight market; has it's stock take a dive and a big fish swims in and does a " hostile take over " while the price is stupid cheap.

Okay. I hate this. I really, really hate this. But I am hearing awfully loud whispers that this pile of garbage got bought up by UPS. It's not the same old loud mouths saying it any more. Has any one else out there heard anything ?

It almost makes sense. A profitable but debt laden company in a tight market; has it's stock take a dive and a big fish swims in and does a " hostile take over " while the price is stupid cheap.
Nope. A purchase of this size wouldn’t be kept secret long.

Also , this rumor isht is what happened roughly a year ago: Home Depot and Amazon.

Pumped the price of the stock up yet nobody can really say where the rumor came from. Pumping up the stock price and then dumping the stock is illegal , right?

With the crew XPO has at the helm who knows what to believe.

Also , this rumor isht is what happened roughly a year ago: Home Depot and Amazon.

Pumped the price of the stock up yet nobody can really say where the rumor came from. Pumping up the stock price and then dumping the stock is illegal , right?

With the crew XPO has at the helm who knows what to believe.

Good point. Right now. Anything could be the truth. The one thing I am certain of is, that Jacobs is going to get his money.

Every co on stock market can be bought out for the right price. Even UPS and FedEx.
Main concern for Jacobs is when to cash out his shares to maximize his earnings.
Valuations for logistics companies has been falling so XPO will be buying something soon.
I see XPO as the hunter, not a target... flush with cash.
Probably would have bought ABF if it was not union.
Is xpo still flush with cash with a pending $ 1 billion buyback of their own stock???

The rumor down here is that UPS is looking to buy YRC. I am not going to rush out and buy yellow stock on that juicy inside information. But you never know.
Before William Zollars and the whole Yellow Corporation buying Roadway Corporation, UPS did make an offer for Roadway Corporation, which the Roush family turned down.

This is a persistent rumor. It's been going on since before UPS bought Overnite. UPS doesn't need XPO.
Agreed, this rumor that ups is
going to come to the rescue of every sinking LTL and buy them up has been around for decades. Example? ... I worked for a small regional LTL, St. Johnsbury Trucking Co., back in the early 90’s when they were on the ropes and it was rumored back then that UPS was going to save us. They didn’t, and St.J closed their doors and I hooked up with CCX.
Rumors always seem to have a life of their own that never dies.

When yellow bought roadway we knew nothing until we got back that evening....
why would they want a union carrier? If they wanted that, YRC at their share cost would be a better option? Not sure, your thoughts on this?

why would they want a union carrier? If they wanted that, YRC at their share cost would be a better option? Not sure, your thoughts on this?
My comment had nothing to do with buying a union or a nonunion carrier, just that nobody knew the transaction took place ahead of time with yellow buying Roadway....

Agreed, this rumor that ups is
going to come to the rescue of every sinking LTL and buy them up has been around for decades. Example? ... I worked for a small regional LTL, St. Johnsbury Trucking Co., back in the early 90’s when they were on the ropes and it was rumored back then that UPS was going to save us. They didn’t, and St.J closed their doors and I hooked up with CCX.
Rumors always seem to have a life of their own that never dies.
1988~1992 rumors flew Buster Brown was going to buy CFCC. Supposedly they owned a significant part of CFCC stock. So saying this is a persistent rumor is an understatement. It's more like a rumor that's ready for a corvette and a new model mommy for it's kids. Or at least a drop top PT Cruiser and a fling.

Fed ex is into white glove service. UPS isn’t and wants to offer this service. XPO offers white glove service, that’s why it makes sense to me. Monkey see monkey do.

Fed ex is into white glove service. UPS isn’t and wants to offer this service. XPO offers white glove service, that’s why it makes sense to me. Monkey see monkey do.
I think XPO has become too big for FedEx or UPS to buy them.

It will the same as with Bradleys former united rentals and waste management.