Yellow | UPS BUYOUT OF YRC 2017

After speaking to many people, I feel this is a strong rumor.
Of course, if it was to happen there would be a lot of ill feelings on both sides. .lol
I went over to the UPS Freight thread, some of their employees are under the impression that if UPS where to buy YRC, YRC should or would be "endtailed?" Sorry folks, if YRC is merged into UPS Freight, YRC would be "dovetailed" into the operation.
On the plus side, us former Roadway Express and Yellow Freight employees have been through this before...
Just another day at the office. .lol

Dovetail. :hilarious:

Like I've said before.
Why?
Why would ups do this?
All they have to do is wait.
It will be handed to them on a silver platter.
YRC is their own enemy. They don't need help.
:couch:
Only reason I could ever see them do it is for the real estate. They wouldn't buy at a premium they would wait until it's at a bargain. I agree it makes absolutely no sense for UPS to expand in freight anymore.

Why would a profitable well run globally recognized and admired company want to buy YRC ? A dumpster fire of PCB's are more valuable than YRC Again if they want us to know anything important they put it on paper. No common hourly employee has the inside connection at the golden table. We are the last to know anything.
PCBS they are still around?

Only reason I could ever see them do it is for the real estate. They wouldn't buy at a premium they would wait until it's at a bargain. I agree it makes absolutely no sense for UPS to expand in freight anymore.
YRC owns very little of their real estate anymore....sold most of their properties in 2009 to Estes (122 Million), R+L and NAT Realterm (look at the YRC Property on their web-page) in 2009. They also sold the Overland Park Corporate Headquarters in 2009 to a KC Real Estate firm (22 Million), Block & Company. All done by your favorite CEO, Bill Zollars!!!
No way Big Brown would be remotely interested buying YRC....

YRC owns very little of their real estate anymore....sold most of their properties in 2009 to Estes (122 Million), R+L and NAT Realterm (look at the YRC Property on their web-page) in 2009. They also sold the Overland Park Corporate Headquarters in 2009 to a KC Real Estate firm (22 Million), Block & Company. All done by your favorite CEO, Bill Zollars!!!
It is a fact, these properties where sold in 2009. So maybe they would not purchase the company, just take over payments.

SlesoGI.jpg

Yes! He was our favorite CEO!

:fingure:

What wasn't sold, CSPF holds as collateral, doesn't it?

Um lol we do t have any real estate, we own a few and they can't sell them becuase teamster have equity in them,majority was sold and we lease it from new owners so there's no real assets to be had

I can't say this is true , but the only reason they would buy this outfit is if it would give them the rights to Canada,mexico,alaska, etc and they could get out of pension liability, otherwise there's no value ,becuase there's no real assets, all newer equipment is leased ,white trucks, and trailers........ otherwise no reason to?????