Yellow | UPS BUYOUT OF YRC 2017

<snip>
"They'd probably revive the Roadway name to rebrand YRC Freight since it has more positive brand association. TFI is big on strong brands, which is why when they merge companies it's always under a single stronger brand. Drivers and customers alike preferred Roadway, and without Yellow being "in charge" anymore there would be nothing to stop it from happening."

That's some funny ::shit::‼️:biglaugh::clappy::hilarious:

Hey, it could happen! Nobody expected them to buy XPO Truckload (popular bets were on Celadon for that) and they are looking at ways to expand into the US. What better way than getting the best price on the largest, easiest to buy carrier in the country? Debt doesn't scare TFI (they bought Canadian Freightways out of Consolidated Freightways' bankruptcy and assumed all associated debt with it) and neither does the union. They are perhaps the perfect candidate to buy YRC and restructure it the way it needs to be.

They'd probably revive the Roadway name to rebrand YRC Freight since it has more positive brand association. TFI is big on strong brands, which is why when they merge companies it's always under a single stronger brand. Drivers and customers alike preferred Roadway, and without Yellow being "in charge" anymore there would be nothing to stop it from happening.

The regionals would probably be branded as part of TST Solutions, which would put Holland back under the same umbrella as their former TNT-era interline carrier Overland Express.

Don't be so quick to dismiss the possibility, my friend. TransForce is the biggest carrier in Canada the way FedEx is the biggest carrier in America. They are diverse, and all the reason they need for being interested in YRC is because they want to be a bigger fish in a bigger pond.
You are 100% CORRECT , any BUYOUT can happen and think its just a matter of time before someone buys part or all of YRCW !!

Seems to me, UPS wanted to buy Roadway Express before they bought Overnite.
And the same rumors were either UPS or DHL were going to buy Preston too. Those were going from 1990-1999. New day, same rumors.

Why would UPS pay billion to get out of CSPF, and then buy their way back into it, is always my question.....

Maybe CSPF will be taken over by the PGBC over the objections of the IBT and the whole bunch will be investigated by the FBI and the SEC and when it's all over we will be bought by UPS :bananag:

Roadway IS coming back.......you'll gonna be hauling "bed bugs" .:1036316054:
J3Yl5bv.jpg
No money in Bed Bug trucking. Now if you don't mind staying out, one of the best paying jobs is hauling shows & conventions or electronic division as they say now. After a couple of years you know the ropes & it can be good money. Most of the time trade shows run from September thru April. Kind of like the ski slopes. Ya make a bundle of money in a short period then ya go do something else. Bed Buggy operations will kill you & or you back in a very short time.

And the same rumors were either UPS or DHL were going to buy Preston too. Those were going from 1990-1999. New day, same rumors.

Why would UPS pay billion to get out of CSPF, and then buy their way back into it, is always my question.....

Exactly they won't those that believe they will would have a better chance at the lottery.

Exactly they won't those that believe they will would have a better chance at the lottery.
Another reason. Why would UPS buy anything that would add to their long term debit? Like a Pension Fund Obligation. Whatever they are they are not stupid. No value in them buying any company that has to much debit load. They just don't make purchases like that. von.

It seems that everyone is throwing stuff against the wall, to see if anything sticks, how about another name. AMAZON.
How much is YRC worth?
How much debt does it carry?
If it did buy YRC, can Amazon shut down the union and go non union?
Can it buy it's way out of pension funds like UPS?
Amazon more than has the money and there are rumors that they are building their own delivery service.
Just a thought.

It seems that everyone is throwing stuff against the wall, to see if anything sticks, how about another name. AMAZON.
How much is YRC worth?
Amazon more than has the money and there are rumors that they are building their own delivery service.
Just a thought.
Amazon? Nah, that's not going to stick either. Nice try though:1036316054:

No money in Bed Bug trucking. Now if you don't mind staying out, one of the best paying jobs is hauling shows & conventions or electronic division as they say now. After a couple of years you know the ropes & it can be good money. Most of the time trade shows run from September thru April. Kind of like the ski slopes. Ya make a bundle of money in a short period then ya go do something else. Bed Buggy operations will kill you & or you back in a very short time.

No money in it now, but back in the day...
Had 20 years in before they finally deregulated CA and I got out. I would still be stacking sticks if it paid worth a hoot. Loved that job. Now I gotta listen to people complain about moving a couple of skids or restacking a pallet. REALLY?

How much is YRC worth?
Just a thought.
Maybe Amazon will buy UPS....

How much is YRC worth?
Just a thought.
Now there's a far-fetched one. Amazon wouldn't want YRC because they don't want any employees, never mind a union and a pension fund. They want contractors that work for peanuts until they can make drones do it for free.

I live in the buffalo area, transforce is definetly a sleeping giant that most us truckers dont see. Like you said, they don't mind dealing with unions, epic express, Canadian freightways, and highland are all proof of that.

How much is YRC worth?
Just a thought.
What was you trying to get out of kick out the union comment? You must don't know too much about labor laws.

What was you trying to get out of kick out the union comment? You must don't know too much about labor laws.
Why are you so freaking defensive? Go drink some wine and chill a little and no I don't know anything about labor laws. Amazon's track record of being against unionization is well known. If they were interested in buying YRC, it wouldn't be if it stayed a union shop. That's why I was wondering if Amazon could turn YRC non union. Other than that, I don't care who is non and who is union.
A simple "no" would have answered the question.