Ups driver told me they got the home depot accct.

Don't know.

I've been told that NEMF got some kind of Home Depot deal out of Columbus from Estes.

These big accounts are kinda like the so-so looking but lots of fun girls back in High School. Everyone wants them, til they get them. Then after a while and ya forget what a pain the whole ordeal was, you end up with with one (sometimes the same one) again.

NEMF actually did get more states for Home Depot business.

Home Depot business that UPS Freight was awarded was primarily on the west coast.

i have heard that home depot is trying to become a one carrier company as far as ltl freight..estes damages alot of freight but name one company that doesnt damage any freight.. it simply doesnt happen..but i have been told from numerous stores that nemf is doing a better job lately than estes

The Home Depot want's to haul the freight through a DC that they control. so no more ltl carriers. look for JB HUNT.

Home Depot is not the greatest account,their delivery appointment windows are very tight.
Home improvment products,are very prone to damage,and of course they want a LTL trucking company to haul their stuff for next to nothing.

Beside all that the Home Dumpster corporate says they are going to close some stores this year.
Home Depot cutting 7,000 jobs, closing stores - Utica, NY - The Observer-Dispatch
So maybe their business is going down the dumper?

I used to deliver to one of their stores on my route,the two things I hated about them was you had to be right on time,if you were late they would write me up.
If I was a few minutes early I had to wait till the appointed time.
The other thing was they are safety fanatics.
I had to bump the dock,chock both sides,and lower my landing gear.

I always locked my tractor,and told the receiver Heres my keys my unit isn't going anywhere.
He wouldn't unload me till he saw my landing pads were on the ground.

Now Lowes they didn't care when I showed up,as long as I made it between their normal receiving times 8AM to 4PM,plus I only had to chock my drivers side tires.

No thanks who ever has to deliver the Home Dumpster accounts are not in for a picnic in my opinion!

Home Depot is not the greatest account,their delivery appointment windows are very tight.
Home improvment products,are very prone to damage,and of course they want a LTL trucking company to haul their stuff for next to nothing.

Beside all that the Home Dumpster corporate says they are going to close some stores this year.
Home Depot cutting 7,000 jobs, closing stores - Utica, NY - The Observer-Dispatch
So maybe their business is going down the dumper?

I used to deliver to one of their stores on my route,the two things I hated about them was you had to be right on time,if you were late they would write me up.
If I was a few minutes early I had to wait till the appointed time.
The other thing was they are safety fanatics.
I had to bump the dock,chock both sides,and lower my landing gear.

I always locked my tractor,and told the receiver Heres my keys my unit isn't going anywhere.
He wouldn't unload me till he saw my landing pads were on the ground.

Now Lowes they didn't care when I showed up,as long as I made it between their normal receiving times 8AM to 4PM,plus I only had to chock my drivers side tires.

No thanks who ever has to deliver the Home Dumpster accounts are not in for a picnic in my opinion!

I never heard of any of my co-workers complaining about the issues you speak of on delivery. It might be a specific thing to your company due to a problem in the past.....and if that is their policy,......it is what it is! Delivery times are flexible (a bit)...........but I think there are 2 areas in this economy that have strength, those are food (grocery) and home improvement. I will use a quote of someone that I admire in this trucking profession: "you have to eat, you have to wipe your butt and you have to put a roof over your head"!!!

Yes Home Depot is closing some locations, but look at how they grew with the housing BOOM. It had to catch up.............for god's sake, how many Home Depot's, Lowe's, Menard's, etc do you need!?!?!?

I SPOKE TO hd manager he said the same thing they will go to one carrier like a jb hunt
the ups thing confuses me...estes has the worst reputation at home depots in regard to damages...nemf is a close second..lol

Everyone knows that HD is a crap account. Lots of revenue, but lots of cost associated with it as well. Ever since the news did that story about how unsafe it was to shop in HD in NY, they switched to night deliveries.....That is an OR nightmare. At Red Star it added over 10 pts to the OR which was already in the red.

SO many carriers walked away from HD its not even funny.

Hoem Depot

You are RIGHT on the money with HD. I worked at NP when they had the HD account. At first, we trapped their loads and dropped the boxes, then it changed. plus, they wanted night deliveries and more discount. NP did the right thing and flushed it. Red Star committed ******* when they took it over.

Home Depot is not the greatest account to have but it is revenue. They switched the night deliveries to day time a while back. Their freight is easily damaged, true, but what crap coming across our docks isnt. As far as all the safety, I have only had to drop the landing gear at one location lately, and that is because the receiver is a real *****.

In this recession i really dont think my discretionary spending will go to
home improvements...and obviously thats why there closing locations..eating is the obvious..we need to eat to survive...alot of carriers are not interested in hd business way to much overhead..and think
if nemf or estes lost the hd acct..how many people would lose their jobs?

Home Depot acc.

Way I have heard things you guys at New England might lose this account. Seems to me there is ALOT of missed appointments.. May be a crappy account but it keeps you guys working!!

I got written up for not helping to unload the other day at a HD. I've been going there for 8 years & never helped before. They always told me to go outside or stand to the side. I go back today & try to figure out what's going on.
I also think NEMF is busting balls because it's slow.

Not sure how many on here know about pricing modules, but the HD account is actually a very profitable account for NEMF. Aside from min charges and damages you will not find many national accounts that have an OR like HD does. NEMF is the only company that has found a way to truely make the HD account profitable, and they ALWAYS pay the bills on time.

i heard nemf re-classifies everything they can.so those minimums inflate...good philosophy if they dont find out..another souce did verify there is an action plan as HD is
looking for alternative carriers or carrier like a jb hunt...it is a cake delivery and really good for senior guys to stay on board..no touch

i heard nemf re-classifies everything they can.so those minimums inflate...good philosophy if they dont find out..another souce did verify there is an action plan as HD is
looking for alternative carriers or carrier like a jb hunt...it is a cake delivery and really good for senior guys to stay on board..no touch

NEMF does not "re-classify" freight. Now they do like ALL other LTL trucking companies have an active W&I (Weights and Inspection) program to verify (the weight and NMFC classification) if what the shipper puts on the BOL is accurate.

YRC here in New England is all done with HD on the 17th of this month. Way too many empty miles, tight appt times and tons of damage. I bet 1 out of every 4 appliances gets written up damaged. Ill miss it, easy money for me.