Ups driver told me they got the home depot accct.

Exactly!! an account like that is paying one set price no matter what the products are... You can W& I it all you want. it won't change anything

If you think this is an "All Inclusive" FAK for all classes, you are are sadly mis-informed!! Think what you want, it is not that bad.

YRC here in New England is all done with HD on the 17th of this month. Way too many empty miles, tight appt times and tons of damage. I bet 1 out of every 4 appliances gets written up damaged. Ill miss it, easy money for me.

I do not get your post........."here in New England and you are in Hawaii"!!

YRC being done with HD may be more of a SMART decision of HD to get away from a carrier in trouble...........and I do not recall YRC being much on the approved HD list (I may be wrong). If it is mainly appliances, this may be more of a PrePaid freight like GE............and they are jumping off of the YRC ship.

As for YRC keeping appts in my area...........yea right, they can not even pick up the freight on the day it is called in.

Either way you look at it the only HD freight ups is picking up is the freight ESTES cannot handle. FOTF you are misinformed along the lines of FAK rates for HD the only accounts that have FAK rates are store to store and prepaid accounts. HD itself has no problem paying the bills for the freight it ships. There are some special pricing issues in effect along the lines of volume shipments but that is a whole new issue.

Either way you look at it the only HD freight ups is picking up is the freight ESTES cannot handle. FOTF you are misinformed along the lines of FAK rates for HD the only accounts that have FAK rates are store to store and prepaid accounts. HD itself has no problem paying the bills for the freight it ships. There are some special pricing issues in effect along the lines of volume shipments but that is a whole new issue.

Welcome to Truckingboards freightjunkie

Only thing I can say about NEMF is they break 80% of what they haul !! Come one it's the 2000's. Air ride trailers NEMF ! Those circa 70's crap boxes Shavell holds on to need to go, so you will stop breaking HD stuff !

Well im a UPS freight guy and what I can say from my experience is that we have a HD account but it only deals with a specific product. We only have fertilizer and grass seed shipments. And from what I understand, its only a temporary account that's gonna last about 5 months only. Of course I could b wrong but since I also load the trailers, I know that we haven't gotten any other hd freight. Oh and btw, this is in the Northeast in case u guys were wondering.

hey NEMF does have a w&i program and they made millions last year..as far as the fak im not sure, but i will say i know for a fact alot of the o/b home depot freight gets
re-classified...just ask any TM..

I do not get your post........."here in New England and you are in Hawaii"!!

YRC being done with HD may be more of a SMART decision of HD to get away from a carrier in trouble...........and I do not recall YRC being much on the approved HD list (I may be wrong). If it is mainly appliances, this may be more of a PrePaid freight like GE............and they are jumping off of the YRC ship.

As for YRC keeping appts in my area...........yea right, they can not even pick up the freight on the day it is called in.

Actually Yellow hasnt done anything with HD for a few years now but we interline w/ Roadway and they did quite a bit. I think in YRC's current shape it will actually save us a ton a money to not do HD. They are basically in the process of downsizing the co. and this is definately in the higher class of discounts. E

Actually Yellow hasnt done anything with HD for a few years now but we interline w/ Roadway and they did quite a bit. I think in YRC's current shape it will actually save us a ton a money to not do HD. They are basically in the process of downsizing the co. and this is definately in the higher class of discounts. E

A "ton of money" is not enough for YRC.

YRC will survive, however they will def need to tighten the capacity in the market in oreder for things to get much better for the ltl segment

If you think this is an "All Inclusive" FAK for all classes, you are are sadly mis-informed!! Think what you want, it is not that bad.

You know Montana....you really think you know quite a bit. The fact of the matter is that their is a tiered FAK on IBC business to HD. There is also a rather large rebate.

On HD PPD business it is up the shipper to negotiate their own rates, so then there may not be an FAK involved, but any freight that HD is paying the freight, there is indeed an FAK invloved. If you think otherwise, you may be confusing it with a different account.

You know Montana....you really think you know quite a bit. The fact of the matter is that their is a tiered FAK on IBC business to HD. There is also a rather large rebate.

On HD PPD business it is up the shipper to negotiate their own rates, so then there may not be an FAK involved, but any freight that HD is paying the freight, there is indeed an FAK invloved. If you think otherwise, you may be confusing it with a different account.

I do know "quite a bit". I was responding to your post on 2/5 @ 9:52pm and newpenn107's post @ 10:10pm that lead readers to think that their was an full FAK for all classes(do you think I am going to share knowledge that I have of what it is?----DUH, my post clarified that there was not a flat FAK for 50-500)!! All LTL's do rebates (such as the "CASH-COW of NEW Penn that is on the YRC ROPES") and there are levels of freight revenue that the shipper needs to hit to get the rebate. I just want to clarify that it is NOT the looser that some posting here claim it to be.

YRC/NPME need to worry about themselves instead of other carriers..........."they have enough problems of their own"!!

Speaking of accounts how is evapco doing for you NEW PENN boys? If you wanna talk about an account that loses money that is the worst account ever!

we have hauled evapco for at least 15yrs. since i've been on the road i don't know the status of this account today. but sounds like another account nemf low balled us to get, yet after the tons of damage done to evapco products, they allways come back to the best!! maytag ring a bell?

guys, nemf lives on low rates...they have grown from the demise of other trucking companies...they unfortunately have the bottom feeder tag..sorry guys

NEMF didn't take the evapco account from New Penn and unfortunately the entire LTL industry has forced itself into a pit of huge discounts due to lack of freight and too much capacity. We can fight all day about low ball pricing for every company but until we lose capacity things will not get any better. What the entire trucking industry needs to do is get away from the 3pl monsters who reap the huge profits on OUR freight