Holland | UPS Earnings Call

Griz

TB Veteran
Credits
Did anybody read the Q&A portion of their earnings call? About half way down one of the analyst ask the magic question about acquisitions going forward. Ups answer was they were in an active process. Read it yourself. Seeking alpha ups earnings call. I just can't get the cut and paste.

Did anybody read the Q&A portion of their earnings call? About half way down one of the analyst ask the magic question about acquisitions going forward. Ups answer was they were in an active process. Read it yourself. Seeking alpha ups earnings call. I just can't get the cut and paste.
"Ben Hartford
Just wondering what your point of view is today on the acquisition environment as you start to lap the Coyote acquisition. Obviously taking into account what you've said historically about acquisition criteria, are there specific segments or verticals that you're more interested in?
And I guess I'm leading you into UPS Freight in particular given some of the softness that we see in that LTL market. Do you think that business is a sufficient scale today or are there potential acquisition opportunities in that segment specifically? Thanks.
David Abney
And I will answer the first part and then you talked a little bit about Coyote so I will ask Alan to briefly hit that and then the LTL environment and Myron will take that. From an acquisition standpoint we have an active process and we're really looking in what I will call just three general buckets that we're always taking a look at. First is new opportunities, new opportunities that would help us to add more value to our customers. And then anytime that we can expand capability within our network, so if it's something that we don't feel as strong about as we'd like to then that would be that second criteria.
And then third, the trade lanes are shifting throughout the world and so geographic presence is always important. Over the last few years the emerging markets has been a place that we've put a lot of attention on.
So adjacent markets which is what we did with the Coyote acquisition, is key on our mind. But at the end of the day whether it's organic growth or its inorganic growth our focus is on growing this business and at the same time having profitable returns. So, from a Coyote standpoint, Alan?
Alan Gershenhorn
Just a quick update on Coyote, certainly their customers and our customers and new customers are responding very well to the new Coyote and UPS combined value prop. For the quarter we continue to see strong year-over-year growth in loads and our gross margin has also expanded for the quarter. As I think we all know the truckload market remained soft but certainly this asset-light model has provided some great flexibility in the up-and-down cycles.
And then just lastly, I will say that as far as the synergies related to the acquisition we're seeing some good work happening there in procurement, asset utilization, cross-selling and then organizational synergies that are benefiting both Coyote and also our U.S. Domestic and Supply Chain & Freight segments and we're on track. And I guess I will turn it over to Myron to talk a little bit about the LTL.
Myron Gray
Ben, as you are well aware the LTL market for the last 16 consecutive months has experienced softness. And our customer base is telling us that they have high inventory levels. In addition to that with high inventory levels the opportunity for restocking is soft as well. All those things considered, we believe that we have the appropriate scale at UPS Freight. We will have and continue to monitor the market and make the appropriate adjustments and make the right business decisions moving forward in terms of whether or not to expand our scale. Thank you."

There you go. I wish the best for YRCW and ABF but no matter how cheap UPS could buy either one WHY WOULD THEY? Only to have to pay BILLIONS to get out of the CSPF again?

lets-make-a-deal.jpg
Anything is possible !!!

I doubt UPS would even consider buying yrcw. UPS already paid 100s of millions to get out of cspf so can't see them doing again plus so much dilapidated equpiment that needs to be replaced and lastly yrcw leases out most if not all Terminal. I know before yrc bought USFC, UPS ad discussions to purchase only Holland and USFC said no we got a buyer that will buy all companies at a ballooned rate. Lol. Hear guys get all excited about possibility saying well if they do we will get 15% back and pension those guys are your yes votes, sling back lingo disappeared out of mou 3 extensions ago. Lol

I doubt UPS would even consider buying yrcw. UPS already paid 100s of millions to get out of cspf so can't see them doing again plus so much dilapidated equpiment that needs to be replaced and lastly yrcw leases out most if not all Terminal. I know before yrc bought USFC, UPS ad discussions to purchase only Holland and USFC said no we got a buyer that will buy all companies at a ballooned rate. Lol. Hear guys get all excited about possibility saying well if they do we will get 15% back and pension those guys are your yes votes, sling back lingo disappeared out of mou 3 extensions ago. Lol
Better pull up last MOU snap back clause of raises are gone and replaced with cost of living. If bought out pay rates come back. Damn HOLLAND must have burnt you bad. You want them and every driver over here to fall.

Last edited:
Well
First off anyone that was at holland pre yrcw should feel burned and as far as all to fall not at all I'd love to see UPS buy them but I stated IN MY OPINION reasons why I don't think they will. I'd love the yes voting suck asses and Tyson and Jimmy to fall.
Now back to your snap back on rates you do realize your hourly rate is contractually full scale and at the end of week 15% is deducted. So your hourly rate isn't minus15% of scale so there is no rate to snap back to. Which is why its written that way See they makeep magic. Also nothing says if bought out or if they buy that the 15% is removed and pension contributions go back to 100% of current rate. Only lingo actually I saw was they can't buy a union or non Union without tnfinc approval and original snap back lingo said nothing about getting bought out only if they buy. But at end of day I'm just a burned truck driver and could be way wrong and if so I apologize but I don't think so.

Does anyone know how much a buyer would have to pay to withdraw YRCW employees from the CSPF? ( like UPS did ) How much would it cost for ABF's employees to be withdrawn?

Well

First off anyone that was at holland pre yrcw should feel burned and as far as all to fall not at all I'd love to see UPS buy them but I stated IN MY OPINION reasons why I don't think they will. I'd love the yes voting suck asses and Tyson and Jimmy to fall.
Now back to your snap back on rates you do realize your hourly rate is contractually full scale and at the end of week 15% is deducted. So your hourly rate isn't minus15% of scale so there is no rate to snap back to. Which is why its written that way See they makeep magic. Also nothing says if bought out or if they buy that the 15% is removed and pension contributions go back to 100% of current rate. Only lingo actually I saw was they can't buy a union or non Union without tnfinc approval and original snap back lingo said nothing about getting bought out only if they buy. But at end of day I'm just a burned truck driver and could be way wrong and if so I apologize but I don't think so.
Your 15% comment is as ignorant as it gets. I understand you being pissed but wishing harm on company as a whole including no voters is an scan type mentality.

I hope that changes after up coming election.
My 15% comment is the truth, so by your comments you keep drinking the company koolaid aid. Yes voters always show their true colors or maybe your a guy that never would've even got to fill out app until this company got so desperate. You paste in MOU where the sling back lingo is, see I can't post it because IT'S NOT IN THE 2014 MOU!!! So go drink the koolaid and get your burn barrels ready for 2019, which I hope they do ,but after 7yrs of MOU extensions and guys folding and voting yes and Union giving company everything they want I doubt there will be any fire, maybe a Lil smoke but no fire just like all the other extensions.

My 15% comment is the truth, so by your comments you keep drinking the company koolaid aid. Yes voters always show their true colors or maybe your a guy that never would've even got to fill out app until this company got so desperate. You paste in MOU where the sling back lingo is, see I can't post it because IT'S NOT IN THE 2014 MOU!!! So go drink the koolaid and get your burn barrels ready for 2019, which I hope they do ,but after 7yrs of MOU extensions and guys folding and voting yes and Union giving company everything they want I doubt there will be any fire, maybe a Lil smoke but no fire just like all the other extensions.
If you knew me I'm far from company koolaid. I just would never wish harm on another member. Hell at least not on an public forum.

If you knew me I'm far from company koolaid. I just would never wish harm on another member. Hell at least not on an public forum.
LOL. I only said company yes men ass kissers and Hoffa and TJ to fall.
So your saying you'd backstab or talk behind ppl backs before just saying what ya feel.
Must be mgmt troll. Lol.

Does anyone know how much a buyer would have to pay to withdraw YRCW employees from the CSPF? ( like UPS did ) How much would it cost for ABF's employees to be withdrawn?
Well that depends on how much money Jimmy would agree to......for himself, in a smoke filled, back-room deal. He's got bills to pay, you know. He has a reputation for "not knowing" about pension cuts being proposed, even a few months before his re-election. So with him, anything is possible.
:hide: