UPS Feeder Trailers

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
Last night, I was watching some intermodal trains roll through Berea,Ohio and I must say United Parcel Service has the nicest fleet of trailers. The trailers are very shiny and clean looking almost as though someone takes a big tub of car wax and waxes the trailers. I mean it would be kind of time consuming, but it almost looks like they wax there trailers with car wax.

My dad said that years ago UPS was all about clean equipment, they washed there feeder tractors everyday and had mechanics that go around at night with touch up paint and paint wheels and things on the package cars.
I don't know what UPS's standards are now, but there rail feeder trailers are pretty nice and clean and for the most part there package cars around where I live are pretty clean too.

Any how happy Easter everyone. I made some Easter dirt cake last night for later Yum!

UPS keeps their stuff clean and looking decent, no doubt about that but some of their package cars are dinged up a bit.

UPS keeps their stuff clean and looking decent, no doubt about that but some of their package cars are dinged up a bit.

The older package cars here in Cleveland, you can tell have been repainted because the license plates have brown paint on them, so obviously they didn't do a very good job of taping off or removing the license plates. UPS did get a few newer package cars around here in Cleveland, but they still have some old ones in the mix too. They keep those package cars around for a long long time I wouldn't be surprised if they get 15-20 years out of some of there package cars.

For the life of me I can't ever remember seeing a UPS feeder broke down on the turnpike, they are rarely dirty and always have nice tires on tractor and trailers.

For the life of me I can't ever remember seeing a UPS feeder broke down on the turnpike, they are rarely dirty and always have nice tires on tractor and trailers.

One time I saw a broke down package car on I-71 North in Cleveland, but that was a pretty rare sight.