TForce | Ups Freight Cdl Employees

Credits
Page 20 in the Employee Rule book- LTL states:

Appropriate foodwear(footwear) for CDL Employees is black or brown safety shoes approved by OSHA and meeting the specifications as required by the American National Standard Institute (ANSI) for safety-toe footwear. Shoes must be constructed of a polishable material and must be properly maintained.

I think that means steel toes for anyone who wears a UPS Freight uniform.

I thought it meant a Brown feedback or a trough.

Look at your second word.
Just havin some fun.:)
There ya go ,I changed it for ya.Now I'm just having a little fun.Lol.

I heard that the road drivers that driver shorter runs are being switched to hourly......and that city drivers were going to be making five dollars more an hour over the next several years......aren't rumors great$$$$$$????????

falcon465 said:
I heard that the road drivers that driver shorter runs are being switched to hourly......and that city drivers were going to be making five dollars more an hour over the next several years......aren't rumors great$$$$$$????????

You are probally right about the shorter runs being hourly. It cost less, is more effiecint, and safety wise is the best choice.

UPS feeder runs under 500 miles are on the clock (depending on local supplement)

As far as $5 more an hour in the next few years, dream on.
The freight business and the rates that others charge run almost the same company to company. Wages are similar for that fact alone. There are not any frieght comanpies out there making enough money to pay $5 more an hour over the next couple of years, unless of course you guys are being paid far less than you all brag about.

Animo916 said:
I thought it meant a Brown feedback or a trough.

Look at your second word.
Just havin some fun.:)
There ya go ,I changed it for ya.Now I'm just having a little fun.Lol.

Touché dirtball!!

Teamster251 said:
You are probally right about the shorter runs being hourly. It cost less, is more effiecint, and safety wise is the best choice.

UPS feeder runs under 500 miles are on the clock (depending on local supplement)

The freight business and the rates that others charge run almost the same company to company. Wages are similar for that fact alone. There are not any frieght comanpies out there making enough money to pay $5 more an hour over the next couple of years, unless of course you guys are being paid far less than you all brag about.

We can all dream.....doesn' hurt to dream:duh:

Teamster251 said:

I've always wondered what is your cpm.

Bull said:
I've always wondered what is your cpm.

Depends on single, double, triple trailers, over 140 miles, under 140 miles, or Team.

Right now double over 140 is paying .6123 per mile

Team double over 140 pays .6323 split 50/50 plus 2 1/2 cents per mile, per driver for food allowance.

The driving rate goes up 2.11 cents in August '06 and another 2.34 cents in August '07

***This link will bring you to TDU's posting of the contract. It may contain errors or typos. This is not an authentic copy and is subject to correction***

http://www.tdu.org/UPS/UPS_Contract_411/UPS_Master_Contract_TOC/ups_master_contract_toc.html

Thanks for the info. Let me get this right a driver in the northeast with doubles that is on a mileage run would get 61 cpm. I know, I know we're not getting that. I was just wondering. Ah can I get an apllication.

Neither is LTL union freight companies. We were getting more than them till their resent raise. Now they are just a tad ahead of us. I think UPS will match or exceed it.

Teamster251 said:

Yes, I can see an hourly rate for the road drivers because this would save money for ups. And for most road drivers it would mean a cut in pay. Even if the hourly rate was moved up to 27 dollars an hour and it took you normally 9 hours to do your run and with the current cpm you would have to make your run last 11 hours to get the same amount of pay per run. With a 9 hour run at 500 miles you would need 31 dollars an hour to make the same as you are making now at your current cpm. I don't think thats going to happen. Enjoy the cut in pay.

Skeeter said:
Neither is LTL union freight companies. We were getting more than them till their resent raise. Now they are just a tad ahead of us. I think UPS will match or exceed it.

What is your current pay??

FM

BusterNite said:
Yes, I can see an hourly rate for the road drivers because this would save money for ups. And for most road drivers it would mean a cut in pay. Even if the hourly rate was moved up to 27 dollars an hour and it took you normally 9 hours to do your run and with the current cpm you would have to make your run last 11 hours to get the same amount of pay per run. With a 9 hour run at 500 miles you would need 31 dollars an hour to make the same as you are making now at your current cpm. I don't think thats going to happen. Enjoy the cut in pay.
bingo:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

maybe you will just have to work 10.50 hours. if time in a half start after 8 in a day. and 40 in a week. than it would be fine

Well actually isnt current union scale like $24? So a couple years from now with cost of living raises its not that far fetched. $5 more would be 26.50/hr. And I've been saying all along that I see an hourly payplan coming for road drivers. Time will tell eh Skeeter.