TForce | UPS Freight contract negotiations?

WHAT??? According to the driver there is no union support there right now? Yet the local is butting heads with Hoffa to not wait for Indy? So all this is going on because there is no union support there?:duh:

First of all gentalmen, there is and was union support in Farmingdale, if you all remember the last strike "O" had with the Teamsters Farmingdale was involved. I do not know the entire story of coarse and correct me if I am wrong .

When this strike took place and I am sure all the "O" employees remember this ,hoffa said " if "O" will not go union we will shut them down". We had drivers from other terminals replacing those drivers on strike, 4 people from our terminal was in Farmingdale for this strike.

Also I do remember the HBO special about "O" and the Teamsters, most of this was shot live.

Now if I remember correctly and again correct me if I am wrong, but Farmingdale did vote in the Teamsters and then decrtified due too the fact that both parties ( Teamsters and "O" ) could not come to an agreement for whatever reason, most think it was because "O" was not bargaining in good faith.

I do know there is union support in Farmingdale ,the only question is how many employees is in support of the teamsters? If this is happening then it sounds too me that there is full support

I talked to an Indy driver today and he told me that the contract would be wrapped up by april. Do you actually want HURRIED NEGOTIATIONS ? Remember,the contract is not being negotiated with Overnite,but UPS Freight. It would not bode well for UPS to stall freight negotiations,in light of the fact that they have other employees in other divisions that are represented by the teamsters.I wouldn't jump the gun on jimmy boy there buster.....would not help your cause further down the road....

I talked to an Indy driver today and he told me that the contract would be wrapped up by april. Do you actually want HURRIED NEGOTIATIONS ? Remember,the contract is not being negotiated with Overnite,but UPS Freight. It would not bode well for UPS to stall freight negotiations,in light of the fact that they have other employees in other divisions that are represented by the teamsters.I wouldn't jump the gun on jimmy boy there buster.....would not help your cause further down the road....

Well as far as jumping jimmy, or hurrying negotiations, I do not think you will see anyone on these boards do that or either infer to such actions. But I will say for those of us who want a contract, The table of excitability has grown quite high.and I hope it 's worth it's wait in gold.

People are tired of the crap and seek restitution.You really cannot blame them, uncertainty sucks,,,,,I do not think though this stunt will motivate the negotiations where they are intentionally premature in thier decisions, causing hate and discontent in the compay so anctiously awaiting this contract!!!!!

And I do not think the teamsters on the top end will allow for such irresponsibility iether.

I want to know who forced him to stay. That's what I can never figure out.:hysterical:
If your addressing me skeeter it's simple. I stick around so when you and some others drink the company kool-aid, I can talk you down off the company pulpet so no one gets hurt. Think of me as your guardian angel. :1036316054:

If your addressing me skeeter it's simple. I stick around so when you and some others drink the company kool-aid, I can talk you down off the company pulpet so no one gets hurt. Think of me as your guardian angel. :1036316054:

No one I mean no one does my talking for me. So save it for your union wannabes.:chairshot:

mr.breeze & Accelerator reread my post #80 I think you guy's misunderstood my sarcasim. If its true that Hoffa is butting heads with local 804 about Farmingdale, Obviously there is union support there.

First of all gentalmen, there is and was union support in Farmingdale, if you all remember the last strike "O" had with the Teamsters Farmingdale was involved. I do not know the entire story of coarse and correct me if I am wrong .

When this strike took place and I am sure all the "O" employees remember this ,hoffa said " if "O" will not go union we will shut them down". We had drivers from other terminals replacing those drivers on strike, 4 people from our terminal was in Farmingdale for this strike.

Also I do remember the HBO special about "O" and the Teamsters, most of this was shot live.

Now if I remember correctly and again correct me if I am wrong, but Farmingdale did vote in the Teamsters and then decrtified due too the fact that both parties ( Teamsters and "O" ) could not come to an agreement for whatever reason, most think it was because "O" was not bargaining in good faith.

I do know there is union support in Farmingdale ,the only question is how many employees is in support of the teamsters? If this is happening then it sounds too me that there is full support

I have been to Farmingdale many times during that campaign. You are correct they were represented at that time and 14 other terminals were also represented at that time. Because this was dragged out so long by "O" and the Teamsters a contract never came to the table. As time went by they all desertified. Yes, Hoffa did say he would put "O" out of buisness if they did not organize. (A very bad choice of words I might add) Those words haunt him still. As far as the HBO special went, It left alot to be desired and was a bit one sided.

The Teamsters have been trying to organize Overnite for decades unsuccessfully. Thats why they have this new plan set in place for UPSF. I think its a good plan. The Teamsters Intend to organize one group, (Indy) Negotiate a strong contract and then build on such a victory to organize other terminals.
One Company, One Union, One Contract, I feel we should let the teamsters follow there plan, and this deal in Farmingdale,(if true) Is not following the plan. The Teamsters cannot afford to make a mistake this time around and this is why they have this strategic plan. Now is not the time to start adding problems. All of us under the same contract will make us all that much stronger. There is strength in numbers.

I have been to Farmingdale many times during that campaign. You are correct they were represented at that time and 14 other terminals were also represented at that time. Because this was dragged out so long by "O" and the Teamsters a contract never came to the table. As time went by they all desertified. Yes, Hoffa did say he would put "O" out of buisness if they did not organize. (A very bad choice of words I might add) Those words haunt him still. As far as the HBO special went, It left alot to be desired and was a bit one sided.

I could not agree with you more, The HBO special was very bias indeed. And I also agree with the poor choice in words. I wonder if he is thinking of this now!!!!!

Now that Leo S. is out of the picture do you think his friend Gordon,has the same ideals?
Come to think of it I don't think the old mission statement was printed anywhere in our latest copy of the company magazine?

So are we still going to be the best Co.,with the best equipment,the best wages,and benefits,over an unknow period of time?
Or did that whole idea retire with Leo?

There was a nice two page speard by Ira R. on how we lowly UPS Freight workers could advance ourselves up into a management position.
This is pages 6 & 7 incase you hadn't read that copy yet?

I thought I heard tell that you had to have a college degree to get any management position at UPS?

This lets me out,I just made it through the 7th grade in grammer school.
So for me once a truckdriver,always a truckdriver.

There was a nice two page speard by Ira R. on how we lowly UPS Freight workers could advance ourselves up into a management position.
This is pages 6 & 7 incase you hadn't read that copy yet?

I thought I heard tell that you had to have a college degree to get any management position at UPS?

UPS sends out a letter every year in January to all of it's employees telling them about management opportunities and how to go about applying for them.

A college degree isnt necessarily required but is strongly recommended if you want to go anywhere in the company. They also encourage their employees/supervisors who do not have a degree to get one.

In some areas, they even help pay for the tuition and college expenses.

Well thank you very much for this additional information Mike01,on becoming a TM,or highier up in UPS.
Lets see now I'm going to be 63 in March of this year,so if I was to go for all the requirements to advance into management I may be right around 70 by the time I get that first position?

But for you younger workers this would be something that could be a good offer to look into.

I am an extra board driver in newburgh. I am only relaying information that I am hearing. I have no idea what is being discussed in the meetings (your comment of "listening to a UPGF VP's advice). "What is being told to me", there is a letter that was signed by Hoffa that was sent out to all the teamster local presidents advising them not to sign cards or petition for representation until Indy was settled. Once again, this is what is being told to me by the Farmingdale road driver. I do not know how true this is. I care what is going on throughout all the terminals here and it may affect my future here. Being this is the 2nd terminal that is seeking to be organized, I am interested in the outcome as I am sure everyone else employed here is as well.
I want to know why you seem to be so interested in us since you are not an employee of this division. Could it be that you want to keep your pension secure and are trying to recruit us to fund your depleting pension?

First of all let me apoligize for no tanswering you post more quickly, bu t my social life and the close proxcimity to of my habitat to Foxwoods keeps me from the boards on my days off.

If you really want info maybe you should seeki the advice of your Asst TM Rich S. He's got all the answers.
He'll steer you in the right directions on this matter.

I've said this hundred times on this board but seeing your a mewbie here made a quick history listen will help you underatand.

Skeeter can probally vouge for me on this one.
I have been a staunch union supporter since me and skeeter first meet back in the T-Net days long before this board was established in 2002.
Danny Overnite aka Skeeter and I have been playing this merry go round fight for years.

Recruiting, weather it's to find better employees, players, servicemen/women or union members is the job or everyoone that support the team they are on.

The pension stigma and this cokamammie idea that Overnite/UPSF is the Holy Grail answer to a safe and sound, secure future pension is ludacrious.

Overnite's/UPSF's employees represent less than a 2% increase in union memebership. If Overnite /UPSF is the answer than the pension can't be in that much trouble anyway, correct?

And probally the most important thing to me in this whole fight is I consider myself a Freight guy far and above anything else.
With over twenty years in the freight businees I care for each and everyone out there in freight. I have devoted many hours to organizing and informing. If that bothers you that someone outside of Overnite/UPSF is trying to help those that want it, well I don't know waht to say except, stop feeling so threatened, most people want to help. Some offer help in different ways, this is my way.

The Teamster are 1.5 million members strong.
There are more than the mythical "Only 4 companies left" contributing to the many pension funds throughout the country.
Construction, Bakery, Brewery, Trade Show, Beverage, Retail Warehousing/Distribution, Freight, Small Package, Public/Gov't Service and Truck Rental/Repair companies contribute on a weekly basis to the funds.

I love to hang around and chat some more but I've got a date with a cold beer and some naked women.
In case you didn't know I manage a group of Strippers at a local strip club for walking around money. They constantly need my fatherly advice:console:

First of all let me apoligize for no tanswering you post more quickly, bu t my social life and the close proxcimity to of my habitat to Foxwoods keeps me from the boards on my days off.

If you really want info maybe you should seeki the advice of your Asst TM Rich S. He's got all the answers.
He'll steer you in the right directions on this matter.

I've said this hundred times on this board but seeing your a mewbie here made a quick history listen will help you underatand.

Skeeter can probally vouge for me on this one.
I have been a staunch union supporter since me and skeeter first meet back in the T-Net days long before this board was established in 2002.
Danny Overnite aka Skeeter and I have been playing this merry go round fight for years.

Recruiting, weather it's to find better employees, players, servicemen/women or union members is the job or everyoone that support the team they are on.

The pension stigma and this cokamammie idea that Overnite/UPSF is the Holy Grail answer to a safe and sound, secure future pension is ludacrious.

Overnite's/UPSF's employees represent less than a 2% increase in union memebership. If Overnite /UPSF is the answer than the pension can't be in that much trouble anyway, correct?

And probally the most important thing to me in this whole fight is I consider myself a Freight guy far and above anything else.
With over twenty years in the freight businees I care for each and everyone out there in freight. I have devoted many hours to organizing and informing. If that bothers you that someone outside of Overnite/UPSF is trying to help those that want it, well I don't know waht to say except, stop feeling so threatened, most people want to help. Some offer help in different ways, this is my way.

The Teamster are 1.5 million members strong.
There are more than the mythical "Only 4 companies left" contributing to the many pension funds throughout the country.
Construction, Bakery, Brewery, Trade Show, Beverage, Retail Warehousing/Distribution, Freight, Small Package, Public/Gov't Service and Truck Rental/Repair companies contribute on a weekly basis to the funds.

I love to hang around and chat some more but I've got a date with a cold beer and some naked women.
In case you didn't know I manage a group of Strippers at a local strip club for walking around money. They constantly need my fatherly advice:console:

I agree with you T251 without doubt to an extent, the pention has been battered around, and this pention as many other's is feeling the aftermath of a sluggish economy.

There is no getting around this.

UPS getting ahold of the pention in this situation would be just as detremental as setting yourself on fire too spite your figure!!!!!!

This gives them the power to do what CCX has currently done with thier pention. ABOLISH IT.

Now let's also not forget the old cliche, even though we mearly fill a 2% gap do not forget," The more the merrier" and I am quite sure considering the Deficit in employee contribution's to the union over the past 20 or someodd years in the freight industry, the union is excepting us with open arms .

The only question here is will the TEAMSTER'S negotiate a strong contract that will interest other entities too join in the freight and small package union.

And not just UPS if it happens.

The Aurora Terminal

The Aurora Illinois Terminal has cards signed for Local 705 in Chicago but it is not known at thei time if they have the 2/3rds majority to gain representation at this time but I have first hand knowledge from an employee that works at this terminal it wont be long before they do.:1036316054:

The Aurora Illinois Terminal has cards signed for Local 705 in Chicago but it is not known at thei time if they have the 2/3rds majority to gain representation at this time but I have first hand knowledge from an employee that works at this terminal it wont be long before they do.:1036316054:
Ok first of all u don't have to have 2/3 rds. all u need is 5o plus 1 cards signed to have the correct number of cards to turn them in thats all.