TForce | UPS Freight Diary:

Sorry it took so long to post checks; i've been busy as hell; Like the company i work for, i've taken on more than i can handle.

arpEqAy.jpg

8CofHdN.jpg

1) Note that on the weeks where i only made $1,100 ish, i took a day off that week.

2) We do not have the P+D city position anymore; Instead we just have P drivers; This is because things are so F'd up, there is barely enough time to make the pickups and even then we miss quite a few (which, in turn p#@$@# off the customer, but we don't care about the customer----we only care about their money, and numbers, more on this later). Any actual deliveries you make are a bonus. Also, we don't care about residential customers----we are late on most, if not all appointments. In addition to being late, there is a high chance of damage to the residential customer's freight.
Thus, if you enjoy stressed out rushing around, with little chance of making your appointments, then this is the gig for you.

3) i believe upper and top "management" to be out-of-touch and/or delusional/and or at least acting like numbskulls. As such, the middle managers/ terminal managers have no choice but to impose these unrealistic, and out-of-touch demands on the workers. It's a crapstorm to say the least...........moral isn't too good. i would not say the situation is "toxic" yet, but it's a crapstorm.

4) We have ceased being a freight company. We are now a numbers company. i feel a large part of the problem is that a large number of "management" have never driven a truck, much less even ridden in one.

More later.
It’s the same everywhere friend

Any inside info on the best way to get a feeder job?
I can't private message you, but I would just say that it depends on your area, whether your local terminals hire off the steeet. And in times of driver shortage, they may make a concession to get a good driver.

And the hiring process is the same way you got in at UPS Freight. upsjobs.com.

They may have you do a round of seasonal work, maybe two. But if you do well, you should be able to get hired FT.

Now would be the time to lay the groundwork for getting in, because we are gearing up for peak season.

I can't private message you, but I would just say that it depends on your area, whether your local terminals hire off the steeet. And in times of driver shortage, they may make a concession to get a good driver.

And the hiring process is the same way you got in at UPS Freight. upsjobs.com.

They may have you do a round of seasonal work, maybe two. But if you do well, you should be able to get hired FT.

Now would be the time to lay the groundwork for getting in, because we are gearing up for peak season.
Thanks friend, but I’m not in ups freight. Currently at Southeastern with over 2 decades experience. Your guys make so much more once topped out that I cant keep ignoring it. Not sure how to do seasonal though. Can’t live off 3 or 4 months worth of work

Thanks friend, but I’m not in ups freight. Currently at Southeastern with over 2 decades experience. Your guys make so much more once topped out that I cant keep ignoring it. Not sure how to do seasonal though. Can’t live off 3 or 4 months worth of work
It's not easy. A big part of why I was able to come to Brown is my wife making a good living at her career. We have finally gotten to wear a good week for me pays just about as much as her average week, so it's getting better. But it hasn't been easy.

The new contract, if it passes, will address how back-loaded the existing contract is. As it stands, the first two years really hurt.

And sorry, I thought you were the guy who drove for UPS Freight. I got confused.

Definitely check the UPS jobs website. Sometimes lately they have been hiring right off the street, without seasonal. Anyone who has that opportunity presented to them should jump at it.

P.S.
Don't have time to post the last check, but it was $1573.59 doing niteliner b.s.

2) richmond = bichmond i will address estrogen poisoning and other unfortunate situations in the workplace as well as my thoughts on diversity when there is time.

Harristown = grumpytown.

All other terminals are ok, although Baltimore, a.k.a. the dungeon, is too dark----need to get some lights on the dock, son. Also Brooklyn is too dark as well, although interesting.

P.S.
Don't have time to post the last check, but it was $1573.59 doing niteliner b.s.

2) richmond = bichmond i will address estrogen poisoning and other unfortunate situations in the workplace as well as my thoughts on diversity when there is time.

Harristown = grumpytown.

All other terminals are ok, although Baltimore, a.k.a. the dungeon, is too dark----need to get some lights on the dock, son. Also Brooklyn is too dark as well, although interesting.
n

Estrogen poisoning, lmao! The world has been poisoned with it and we as men have unfortunately allowed it to get to this point.

P.S.

Harristown = grumpytown.

Maxicore what terminal are you out of? I am out of Pennsauken 292

i don't want to say out of privacy, but i'm in the same region. And yes, i've been to Pennsauken many times; i don't know how you guys function in such a crowded yard?
I don't know when was the last time you were here..b but it's unbelievable how hard it is to move around at times..and the weekends it's worse

tcher1_20160509_0001_zpsslhrv0kb.jpg

tcher1_20160515_0002_zpsdbjr8y0g.jpg

i switched to linehaul. i love this gig and i think it's one of the best jobs ever----EXCEPT the nighttime hours. And anyone thinking of doing linehaul or is ON linehaul now really needs to think about this. i think this is the most important aspect of the job and if you don't get enough sleep it's just not going to work out.

We unfortunately lost a driver this past tuesday. Chicago area.

i think i will switch back to daytime P+D and take the lower pay, annoying customers etc. The new bid comes up in less than a month and i probably won't keep it anyways as i'm low on seniority. But i'm not really complaining----Even with the pay cut, 65K back down to 50 ish.

However, if i can find a daytime linehaul run i would be hell-bent on trying to get it.
I thought you guys grossed around 2k every week. Is this normal for freight drivers?

I thought you guys grossed around 2k every week. Is this normal for freight drivers?
Some drivers DO gross 2K a week, but they get more miles or have a niteliner run with lots of miles and/or dockwork. My last check i believe was niteliner B.S.; Run 250 miles a night, dork around on the dock for a few hours, come home, wash rinse and repeat.

i was extra-board since i started. The above check that week i had to sub in for another driver who was out. i just got a dedicated run, no dockwork. Like 400 miles a night. So, we'll see what it comes out to. i think at least $1700 gross.

Some drivers DO gross 2K a week, but they get more miles or have a niteliner run with lots of miles and/or dockwork. My last check i believe was niteliner B.S.; Run 250 miles a night, dork around on the dock for a few hours, come home, wash rinse and repeat.

i was extra-board since i started. The above check that week i had to sub in for another driver who was out. i just got a dedicated run, no dockwork. Like 400 miles a night. So, we'll see what it comes out to. i think at least $1700 gross.
That's more what I expected. Good for you driver

i don't have time to post a check, i think the last one was also $1500 or so, but could have been $1700.

i suppose i should post some strike related info:
Last week:
Grumpytown (aka harristown) was even more chaotic and hectic than it usually was with even less room to move----which is really saying something.............

Philly was a mess. Then, again phillys always a mess, and as usual, they worked thru it efficiently and relatively quickly.

Baltimore was like a ghost-town.

Hagerstown (md.) was confused.

Irwin (pa) was also like a ghost-town. Was sort of like going to the twilight zone.....

i don't have time to post a check, i think the last one was also $1500 or so, but could have been $1700.

i suppose i should post some strike related info:
Last week:
Grumpytown (aka harristown) was even more chaotic and hectic than it usually was with even less room to move----which is really saying something.............

Philly was a mess. Then, again phillys always a mess, and as usual, they worked thru it efficiently and relatively quickly.

Baltimore was like a ghost-town.

Hagerstown (md.) was confused.

Irwin (pa) was also like a ghost-town. Was sort of like going to the twilight zone.....